main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Reunions] Led Zeppelin next?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Sep 7, 2007.

1. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I just caught a pretty good quality recording of Kashmir. It sounds pretty awesome. As in "beats the snot out of every currently touring band"-type awesome.

I wonder how many consecutive nights they could sell out a venue like Giants Stadium in New Jersey. They wouldn't have to do a tour that covered a lot of miles to make out pretty handsomely at the gate.

I really hope they at least have a quality dvd/cd release, or even iTunes.

Also, I wonder if Warner realizes what great marketing youtube is. The sound quality of videos posted is far less than FM radio, and they certainly sell a great deal of product with massive airplay. Actually, if they were smart, they would post their own decent quality "bootlegs" with ads running in a ticker for Mothership and any potential upcoming release. It's like the Field of Dreams. If you produce it, people will buy it.

2. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    A DVD has already been announced. It'll make a killing for their charity.

EDIT: Ah, here's the link: http://www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=5678

3. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    A CD would be nice, but I don't think I'd want a DVD. They played well, but what I've seen seemed visully boring.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Huh? The live feed to the giant screens looked amazing! Once you factor in the 5 or more pro cameras and edit in the various angles etc I dare say it has the potential to look absolutely amazing. Better than a audience-held cameraphone...

Besides, you don't need Floyd or U2 style lighting and stage effects to make a good looking DVD.

Ahhh - that just says the show was filmed for DVD. Not that the DVD is definitely going ahead. Still, given the show was extremely well received by fans & critics alike, there's a very good chance Zep will green light it.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Hopefully they can fix the feedback noise from "Good Times, Bad Times." :p

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The vid I posted from youtube for Stairway was removed due to terms of use violations. :oops:

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Oooh, never saw that coming...

9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, total shocker.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    source

Speculation about a tour has been mounting since the group performed a reunion concert before 22,000 fans at London's O2 centre in December.

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway," Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the one-off gig.

The band's three surviving members - Page, singer Robert Plant and keyboard and bass player John Paul Jones - were joined at the sold-out benefit show by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums.

Page, who was in Japan to promote the new Zeppelin release, Mothership, said the two-hour-plus concert, which he called "brilliant", was proof that Led Zeppelin, which formed in 1968, could still perform at its best.

He said the band was ready musically to get back together but it was not clear when they would go on tour as the singer had other plans.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said.

We shall see...

11. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    I saw this somewhere yesterday.

I would go and see them if they kept ticket prices reasonable (which they won't).

12. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Much of the O2 show on video was uploaded on YouTube under the band name "The Nobs." Many other good videos of Zeppelin concerts have also been given this treatment. [face_shhh]

13. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    i hope they play america one day

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I hope they release that damn DVD.

15. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    I hope for a DVD and another freakin' show.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, I thought the DVD would've been out by now.

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7582917.stm

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    So, Plant, Jones & Bonham look likely to tour without Plant.

http://news.google.co.nz/news?q=led+zep+without+plant&btnG=Search+News

[face_worried]

I'm fine with Queen touring with Paul Rogers and most bands who reform minus a key member. But this isn't sitting so well. I'm sure I'd go see the band if it played here of course, but I hope they don't actually call themselves 'Led Zeppelin'.

19. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Led Zepplin minus one then?

20. TIMHS

TIMHS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2008
    I am not sure I would go see them without Plant. It just doesn't seem like it would be close to the same without him.

21. Horny_Facehugger

Horny_Facehugger Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2008
    Page, Jones & Bonham touring without Plant =/= Led Zeppelin. Period.

Think of it like this: Derek and the Dominos announce that they have gotten back together and are working on new material. Clapton however, is not involved. Not really Derek and the Dominos now, is it? Why would I plunk down hard earned cash to go see some backup members that recorded an album with Eric Clapton 30 some years ago. Add Clapton to the mix, and you've got the makings of a great tour.

Most bands who tour without a key member is because the key member is dead. Queen with Paul Rodgers, etc.

22. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    Minus two, actually. :p

I wouldn't mind seeing Zep without Robert Plant as I find him slightly less obnoxious than Mick Jaggar. I love Zep for the musical interplay, anyway.

23. TIMHS

TIMHS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2008
    :rolleyes: whatever Ten whatever.

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm pretty sure i'd actually prefer them without plant.

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Carl Radle's long dead and Jim Gordon is in a mental institution. All that's left are Clapton and Whitlock. :p If Bobby toured without Clapton he'd have to bill himself as "A Domino."