main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Revenge of the Sith DVD Release attack plans?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Time is approaching and as most of us know the SF Fanforce is doing a DVD relase party in thier city. Naturally we can always join thier fun, but I'm thinking "Why not plan something of our own instead?"

Having said that we need some ideas:

Where to have it?
    Which stores will be open late for a 12:01am Release? Which store would be open to making it into a party type atmosphere?

What can we do to make it fun?
    Trivia, Games? Photo's with the Rogues? Insult Deadpool for 1.00? Star Wars Karoke? Prizes, etc.

Perhaps a few members of the Rebel Legion and 501st can provide a few members to help out? Doesn't hurt to ask (unless Jango kicks you in the face for asking...but aside from that it's painless)

Ideas? Thoughts? Vomit? Questions?

2. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I'm all for our own thing just because its alot easier on a work Monday night to drive to Sac than going into SF.

3. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    It would be fun for our group to do our own thing.
    And as BL pointed out closer.
    This Rogue needs get a costume together for it.

4. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I have stated all along I would love to do something local. We need to find a place in Sac where they are thinking of having a bash for it. Any ideas?

5. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Places that might do something (or atleast I think they might)

Walmart (Atleast we know they're open at midnight)
    Borders
    Barnes & Noble
    Best Buy
    Risky Business (uhhh on second thought)

6. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    with our virgin Megastore going out of biz. We could try a Tower Records or Suncoast video store.

7. Enzerumo

Enzerumo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2005
    we could film lightsaber duels or duel a rogue git a prize if you beat him/her how big of a party how many people are we talking?

8. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm thinking as many Rogues/Rebels/501st as we can get.

not sure a store would want us having battles in or around the store. (insurance and all that)

9. Enzerumo

Aug 3, 2005
    I could see if we could "commandeer" the game room of "Great Escape Games" they got soda and snack machiens and bath room and a taco bell down the road of cource we might have to bring a couple of t.v.s and vcr/dvd players they have one in the store but not in the game room I think if the owner(s) is/are nice enough they might let us use it + they might enjoy the visit/business we have a big enough gap btween now and the party to plan ahead

10. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Do they sell DVD's?

In any case we could play the RPG there and maybe one weekend we could do a visit from the Rogues, Rebel Legion, and any available 501st.

I'm game for it (all puns included)

(ok deadpools had a wee bit too much fun juice...time for bed)

11. Enzerumo

Aug 3, 2005
    omg i came up with the scariest idea ever ok a few Fatana costumes, same color bottles as costumes they open the bottles and fantana color lightsabers Fantana+Charlie's Angles+Star Wars=Fantana Angle Wars
    or Attack of the Fantanas,or the fantana menace,Revenge of the fantanas,the fantana strikes back,a new snapple return of the snapple or we could do it with bottles and action figure sabers,guns and ships frame by frame

12. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    If it comes down to not figuring out where to go, you guys are welcome to come to SF for the Virgin Megastore event, which has just been approved by their offices in Chicago. If you missed it last year, here are some pics:

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery/virginmega0904

Activities being planned are costume and trivia contests, and raffles. Robert and I are contacting several Lucasfilm licensees including Master Replicas and Sideshow Collectibles, to name a few, to provided prizes. There may also be an appearance by a SW celebrity or two. Also planned is a mock "protest" against Palpatine outside the store (if you've seen pictures from Comic-Con, you know what I'm talking about). What could be more appropriate for SF? Besides, with Halloween in SF, who knows what may ensue? :D

13. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Methinks wackiness will ensure :)

Unfortunately Im going to have to bow out for an SF trip or if we do something nearby as we'll be in Disneyland.

14. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    BL, but you can still protest against Palpatine at Disneyland.[face_peace]

15. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Actually Im going to be protesting paying like $50 for a burger and coke, but hey...its still the happiest place on earth [face_dancing]

16. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Fifty bucks OUCH! I don't even want to know what mouse ears are going for these days.

Ya, I dunno SkywalkerRanch is pretty up there for me. Or maybe it's just closer to heaven than earth.O:)

17. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    FYI, I got an e-mail from Steve Sansweet and he said that Lucasfilm has no plans on working with a national retailer for the DVD, like with Best Buy last year.

18. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Hopefully Christian wont be in the hospital.

So right now my plan and life are up in the air. (norm for me) Hopefully this time they can cure him once and for all. And I can get some sanity back.

I would love to help were ever we end up. But as usual, I can't commit. Sorry.

19. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    ok, has anyone asked around to local stores about their plans for the dvd release?

i'm going to give best buy a call to see if they will do somthing.

20. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i called best buy, they said that the specific store can't be open that late unless i call the corprate office and talk to them, i explained how we are a fan group and yadda yadda. so i'm going to call the corparate office, if any one else wants to try then the number is 1-888-best buy

21. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    ok i'm in the process of working with best buy. its a pretty sure thing so yea.

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    SWEET AJ!!! Keep me informed

23. Enzerumo

Aug 3, 2005
    is this the best buy in arden?if not tell me

24. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    best buy is locked in, i'll tell you guys more on sat.

its the citrus heights best buy.

25. R2-Tattoo

R2-Tattoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    Hola. Concerning the release happenings, I would love to be included on all that so keep me in mind please. I will make the meeting on the 22nd but I will be living for New York afterwards and will no tbe back until late night on the 29th. SO Please keep me up to date. If anyone eeds my contact info please let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.