main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge Of The Sith Score Discussion **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Drac39, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah... "true." Thank goodness Episode III was blessed with the prodigious compositional skills of Ben Burtt.

2. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Whether you're being sarcastic or not, I heartily agree. :)

3. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd wager my life that he was being sarcastic. :p

4. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    The below sentence is false:

I was being sarcastic.

Mind-boggling?

And, yeah, I'm of the old-fashioned type that doesn't believe sound engineers should write a film's score, and that a looped drum beat isn't the most brilliant music ever created (nor is it emotional, powerful, or intense).

5. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Well granted I was spoiled as hell at the time. Though there was still a debate (for some people) over what scene would end the movie. It would either be Luke being delivered to the Lars family or Vader on the Star Destroyer. Spoilers indicated that it would be Vader. But I didn't believe that for a second. I figured it would be almost impossible to transition from the Imperial March or some dark theme into the cheery Star Wars credits. It would be too big of a jump in mood.

But I must say, for ROTS my predictions were pretty good. I figured Padme had to die for storyline purposes and Palpatine would be captured at the start of the film. I also knew that Anakin would kill Darth Tyranus in front of Palpatine. Some people actually thought Mace Windu (a secondary character) would do the deed. I never understood that.

I also was one of the people who accepted that if the force could see into the future, it could help Leia see into the past. A place at least she's been. So her memories never really bothered me much.

But anyways, I just listened to the soundtrack again today cuz I'm trying to listen to all the soundtracks in the tournament. It sounded great. But I really want an Ultimate Edition. If LOTR can do it and the OT did it...

6. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003

But at least it actually seems to belong to the movie it's accompanying... I for one believe it was powerful, part of a moment that wasn't supposed to be intense, and just as emotional (in other words, not at all) as the alternative. So, equal on two counts, superior on one. True opening wins. Even Williams can't be perfect 100% of the time.

7. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    I still listen to my ROTS OST all the time. A New Hope and End Credits is still my favourite Star Wars track of all time (Don't ask me why, I just really like it.) however a new favourite is Anakin's Dark Deeds. This is a pretty incredible track, great tension built and a very ominous finale.

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I skip the End Credits after BotH. That Throne Room thing is so bloody pointless.

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah I'd much rather have the end credits of the film than some odd medley of Star Wars themes.

10. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
  11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Heh this is old but nice to keep around. :)

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I like the drums, and the repeats of the Throne Room.

The Throne Room music after watching a movie that is all about heroes failing/dying strikes me as weirdly appropriate.

13. darthytse

darthytse Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2007
    Does anyone know if someone was able to find or create the score's opening cue (film version)? You know, with the main theme, followed by the drum beats, etc. I don't know why they didn't use that on the official soundtrack!

I've tried finding this film version of the opening music, but it's eluding me.

14. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    The soundtrack often contains cues as originally recorded by JW before edits were made for the score in the film. Though track 1 on the OST omits the cue "Get 'Em, R2!".

I think I have the Boys Into Battle film edit (with the drums) from a video game track.

If you read back a few pages in this thread, there is more discussion about this. :)

15. darthytse

darthytse Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2007
    Thanks.

Yeah, I know it was discussed earlier. But I didn't seem to find an answer to my question in the previous posts (like, "Where can I FIND it??"). You said you got it from a video game. OK. I can't do that.

Other ideas? D'ya wanna PM me with any additional info? :)

Thanks again,
    Todd

16. DarthVafer

DarthVafer Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2008
    GK edit: Sorry, can't encourage piracy here.

17. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, for the record, it isn't available from any videogame. You can get the film version of "Boys into Battle," though, which amps up the taiko drums to absurd levels. Same goes for "Enter Lord Vader." I guess it was decided that Williams' music wasn't cool enough for the film, so they added these enormous drum punches. Sigh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.