main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Revolution Is My Game: The Nintendo Wii Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 17, 2006.

1. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    The thought of him having one makes me nauseous. No man likes the sound "...uhh" uttered by another man in that context. No man![face_plain]

2. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    Um right...can we go back to the wii please?

3. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    You prefer the silent ones, eh? :p

But, yes, back to the Wii.

4. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I hear it has 2 screens.

What's upwith that?

5. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    The wii?

I know the DS has 2 screens

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently, a new Smash Bros trailer will hit at Nintendo orld 2006.

There will be a Wii model with DVD playback in japan, which isn't that surprising, as there was a Gamecube model with DVD playback released there as well.

And we have the Virtual Console launch window (before the end of Dec) title list:

USA:

NES: Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Ice Hockey, Pinball, Soccer, Tennis, Urban Champion, Wario's Woods, Baseball, Solomon's Key

SNES: F-Zero, SimCity

N64: Super Mario 64

Sega Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Columns, Ecco the Dolphin, Gunstar Heroes, Space Harrier II, Toe Jam & Earl, Ristar, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

TurboGrafx16: Bonk's Adventure, Super Star Soldier, Victory Run, Bomberman '93, Dungeon Explorer

Japan:

Famicom: Ice Hockey, Urban Champion, Legend of Kage, Gradius, Gomoku Narabe, Soccer, Super Mario Bros., Xevious, The Legend of Zelda, Solomon's Key, Tennis, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Ninja Jajamaru-kun, Pinball, Baseball, Mario Bros., Wario's Woods

Super Famicom: F-Zero, R-Type III, Super Castlevania IV, Contra III, Street Fighter II, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, Mario's Super Picross, Sim City, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo

Nintendo 64: Super Mario 64

Mega Drive: Ecco The Dolphin, Gunstar Heroes, Golden Axe, Columns, Shadow Dancer, Altered Beast, Space Harrier II, Sonic the Hedgehog, Toejam and Earl, Puyo Puyo, Ristar

PC Engine: Bonk's Adventure, Necromancer, Super Star Soldier, New Adventure Island, Dungeon Explorer, Battle Lode Runner, Victory Run, Bomberman '94

Europe seems to, more or less, be getting the same slate as the US.

NES games start at 500 Wii Points, Super NES games start at 800 Wii Points and Nintendo 64 games start at 1,000 Wii Points. Sega Genesis games start at 800 Wii Points and TurboGrafx16 games start at 600 Wii Points. Wii Points can be purchased online or at retail at an MSRP of $20 for 2,000 points.

So, yeah, Japan's 16-bit lineup totally dominates the US lineup...geez.

7. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Well, we now know that we won't have any Metroid to play till Prime 3 now. Would've been awesome if they had Super Smash Bros on there to go along with Super Mario. :(

I'm also sad that there's no Duck Hunt. :(

8. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't think it's confirmed that that is the 100% list. Secondly, they'll be adding more titles every month.

9. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    South Park is about the Wii this week.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If you follow the link, you'll see it's a Nintendo press release, where it specifies 30 VC games (plus 32 Wii games).

Though I'm hoping we'll see some of those titles from the Japan list added in short order.

11. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, all I was going on was that there was a blog at IGN where the author (Bozon, I think his name is) was listing his top ten anticipated Wii launch titles, and the tenth he couldn't list because it was an as-yet-unannounced VC game.

12. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    Well about £20 for a load of old games of your choice... now thats a good idea

13. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    I noticed there was Wii demo kiosk being set up at the Babbages in the mall when I stopped by earlier today. I never realized how small the the thing was. Hopefully within the next day or two it should be playable. I was surprised that EB Games across the way didn't get one. I'll take a pic of it if I can.

14. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    I thought they would around the same size as a ps2

15. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    That's pretty much how big it is. It's the same size as the slimmed PS2. I thought it was pretty awesome, nonetheless.

The guy that was setting it up for some reason ended up messing around with the 360 kiosk when he was using the remote to find the channel or something so you can use the Wii.

16. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    Do you think he was hired by nintendo to sabotage xbox360? :p

17. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    I wouldn't be surprised. ;) lol

18. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
  19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    So now Fox is a confirmed character. Not a big surprise but cool nonetheless.

20. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    Is it me or are nintendo playing some kind of game where in each trailler someone new shows up....Who's inthe next trailler?

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, we all know the last big surprise revealed will be Sonic, if they managed to get him.

22. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    [face_laugh] First they have snake in it and now they are having sonic in it.. who's next the master cheif?

*looks around hopefully*

23. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    OUT

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Sonic is just speculation, though they have hinted that they've talked about the possibility, at the very least. Snake opened the door for a wide variety of 3rd party character speculation, afterall.

More details on the Virtual Console and controllers

Downloaded VC games will be tied to a specific console and cannot be played on another Wii. There will be a means of tracking what games have been purchased, so that if you have to delete a game to free up space, you can redownload it free of charge.

A digital copy of the manuals will be included with the VC titles as well.

Only GCN controllers will work with GCN games- the Classic Controller will not (which seems very odd, given that it includes dual z-buttons placed like a GCN).

Classic Controller, GCN Controllers and the Wiimote (for NES games only) can be used to play VC games.

When multiple controller types are plugged in, the VC looks at the following for priority: Wiimote, Classic Controller, then GCN/Wavebirds, though games reuqiring a specific type of control (analog sticks, for example)will not work unless that type of controller is available.

25. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    but if we had the cheif we would have the 3 gameing supercharaters