main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RIP Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Yoshee, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently - they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do - Steve Jobs

I actually use and prefer Android, but there's no ignoring the contribution to society and the world of technology Steve Jobs has made. RIP

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Right there with ya, Yoshee. If it weren't for Steve Jobs the phone(s) I use right now wouldn't be what they are.

@};-

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Back in 1986 George Lucas sold the firm that would become Pixar to Steve Jobs. Lucas has given his reaction to Steve Jobs' death - reposted here
    on TFN Main.

I've always liked the look of the Apple products but have continued to tread the PC path - mostly because it's what I've used at work and it's what I'm familiar with. However, even if you feel that way you can't deny that he was a major influence in the technology world.
    I heard on the news that people have been laying flowers at the Apple stores around the world, including the one on Regent Street in London.

@};-R.I.P.@};-

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Given the state Apple was in when he returned in the late 1990s, turning them into what they have become now is a remarkable feat. Jobs made possible so many products which altered and revitalised many areas of the technology industry. He made stuff that appealed to millions and pioneered a lot of groundbreaking technology that has led to many others immitating and eventually surpassing his vision.

He turned his underdog company into a brand leader, much like George Lucas has done. He leaves his company with the tools to go on creating without his input, but he made them what they are and that will always be recognised.

I personally consier Apple prodcuts over-priced over-rated and not as great as Apple make them out to be.
    But the original impact many of Apple's products in the music & phones industries in particular led to great creativity and choice and constant innovation.