main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Rise of the Wardens: A Dragon Age RP

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Radiance, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    GM Approved
    [image=http://www.politicalreign.com/site/webapp/_forum/images/avatars/47717_the_white_knight_01.JPG]
    Name: Khoran Von Tarrat
    Race: Elven
    Class: Warrior
    Background: Dallish
    Specialty: Sword and shield
    Physical Description: Like all elves Khoran is smaller than your average human, but his wiry frame and slim stature hides strength only his enemies get to face. Born to fight in the front lines.
    Physical Appearance: Khoran has silver eyes and hair, his brown skin weathered from constant travelling through sun and rain. Khoran sports an intricate Dallish tattoo, wicked curves and thorns in deep blue.
    Starting weaponry: Steel longsword, Large steel shield
    Starting Armor: Steel plate armour and helmet.

Bio: Screams and death, thats what they would remember when the human bandits raided the Dallish camp. They had come at night, their weapons drawn. Long has the elves been free, yet still they lived hunted, not bay many, but the few who did were ruthless and showed no mercy. Khoran was away serving his lord and master King Alistair of Ferelden, a member of his personal guard, his zealous personality and unwavering loyalty was picked up immediately by his superiors. There the young Dallish had risen through the ranks of the guard, his skills with the sword slowly but surely adapted to wielding the large shields the soldiers were issued with. Khoran knew no fear of death in the face of absolute destruction, while his king lived he would sacrifice everything so that Ferelden would remain free. It was during an outing that Khoran made his worth to his king known.
    The Darkspawn had attacked without warning, the convoy heading towards the ruins of Ostagar was strong but the ferocity and number of the enemy seemed overwhelming, that they would dare attack this far from the main hordes had caught them all by surprise. A mere man at arms Khoran had screamed his defiance as the foul creatures rushed to claim the life of his lord, his blade striking one then two, his body weaving and slamming into the Darkspawn. His great shield was brought high, their blows hammering down again and again, the elf moved like liquid, his heavy armour seeming only to slow him a fraction, his blows were precise and deadly. As the last immediate threat fell away, slowly sliding off his blade, Khoran looked up, his armour covered in black blood, the Darkspawn had faltered at the sight of so many slain against this one foe. Around him the soldiers fought on, even Alistair was engaged in combat. But for these four Darkspawn, they had seen death, and they trembled. Slowly Khoran rose, his armour rent and torn, without a sound he marched towards them, casting aside his broken shield. He clasped his sword in both hands and began to pick up pace, one of the Darkspawn in a panic sent a stray arrow speeding towards him, the blow struck lucky, Khoran's helmet swept back and fell to the ground, blood now covering Khoran's icy expression. It was the last action the creatures took, the armoured elf cut a swathe through the group, his sword never stopped and his movements never slowed.

Khoran's body was found, battered and broken, his injuries were severe, a testament to the dead around him. Upon his recovery Alistair himself promoted the young Elf, gaining him a place in his own bodyguard. That night he was visited again by his Lord, a strange request was made, Alistair insisted that Khoran be sent to the Wardens and become a defender of Ferelden. Khoran accepted and quickly made his way to the Warden stronghold, Haven, a senior Warden named Mallek greeted him upon arrival and was taken to what he called the joining, alone Khoran stood...his heart raced as he realised the gravity of what he was about to undertake...his mind strayed, he knew where the entrance was, he could escape...

His resolve suddenly kicked in, he was a soldier of Ferelden, he would not back down now.

Reason for joining the Wardens: Khoran was instructed by King Alistair himself...to become a Warden and serve as part of his personal guard in these troub

2. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Daemon Maddigan
    Haven Keep

Mallek looked over to Anvila as she spoke up.

?Unfortunately the route of ?Who knew? wont help us. It was a normal mission, anyone that was in the Wardens would know if they wished. Should have been a general skirmish and cleanup. And it wasn?t so much as issued as a mission per se, perhaps I spoke out of turn. The request for help was passed along through appropriate channels and was followed through by senior Wardens. The task came together and a group of us left to take care of it. We did of course leave with the blessing of the Commander. But I don?t know if he could have been behind it or not. He is new to Ferelden after all. He even outranks King Alastair in the Order. I?m sorry to say I have very little information to go off of, and I?m not even sure if this is a wild nug hunt, but we have to know. Something went down out there and I want to know what it was. It could be dangerous or it could be asking a few simple questions, my gut thinks it is the first option though. And it is for my hunch that you three are assembled here today. One of the other recruits is on the way actually now that I recall. He was sent to us by King Alastair himself. I would say that the matter can wait until he gets here, or you can go on without him, the choice is essentially yours, you don?t exactly answer to anyone.?

He looked around the table and waited for anyone else to speak up. When no one did, he nodded and stood again.

?Well, you have your task. I would suggest you get some rest tonight and start fresh in the morning. I will check in on your progress periodically. Goodnight to you, and good luck.?

After the meeting broke up, Daemon lingered for a short while. Taking in the entirety of the underground castle they seemed to be in. It was a lot cleaner and fancy than he was used to.

Daemon watched Mallek leave the Keep and lock the door behind him. The Elder Warden had left 3 keys to the broken house on the table for the trio to take with them. If they ever got separated they would know where to meet back up.

Jaden seemed to want to go off and explore a bit before calling it a night. Daemon could relate to that as well. He didn?t like being in a new place without knowing where things were, glamorous or not.

Somehow or another, Daemon found his way to the larder easily. As Mallek had promised, it was indeed fully stocked. And regardless of the fact that only about 20 minutes prior, he had eaten dinner, he found his stomach rumbling lightly again. The warrior elected to grab a hunk of cheese to satisfy his hunger while he explored the underground Keep.

He was fascinated by the place. It had just about anything someone would need to survive. Food, water, beds, and weapons as Daemon found later. Most of the stuff wasn?t exactly extravagant, but these were things for Grey Wardens, so they didn?t have to be by nature and definition.

As Daemon finished his cheese, he found himself in what was without a doubt, a forge. Metal crafting had always been a subject of interest for him, but never had he pursued it as something to actually do. It didn?t make sense for him to have not done it really, before recent events, he had had all of the time in the world to do whatever he wished. But it was just as well, he now had things to keep him occupied.

The new Warden walked around, lifting a hammer to test it?s weight, or running his fingers over an anvil as he explored the shop. He could see half finished blades and armor laying on racks. They looked like they were coming along pretty nicely as far as his untrained eye could tell. He would have to ask the Smith for some armor eventually. Hopefully he would get on as well with the Dwarf as he did with his other two companions.

It was a thought for later though. He needed to sleep. It was already starting to peek into the wee hours of the morning. Daemon retired to the living area and picked out a bed in the corner of the room. He leaned his giant sword on the wall next to the bed and stripped his armor down to the simpl

3. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Khoran Von Tarrat (Haven Keep)

The dreams had been terrible, shadows and flame played through his mind as he tossed and turned. He had survived his ordeal, coming awake again on the cold stone floor of the Haven chapel. Mallek had instructed him that he was now a member of the Wardens and must take his rest. Never had Khoran fought such raw evil, his mind conjuring images of death and despair, how could anyone stand against such hatred. Through the night Khoran tossed and turned his sleep tormented, his dreams nightmarish. He would not rest easy, not this night.

The morning was void of warmth, not even the sun could shake the evenings events from his mind. Khoran stalked through the corridors, his thoughts elsewhere, of less troubled times. He moved to one of the high windows and looked down across the frigid landscape, this world was all he knew, this was what he was fighting for. Ferelden had always been his home, he was born here and he intended to die here. After a time although weary Khoran made his way back to the room he was assigned and began to don his heavy armour. His heavy overcoat was stave away most of the cold, although he guessed the icy grip on his heart would take time to thaw. Slowly but surely he strapped each piece of plate armour to his person and made his way back towards the great hall.

There was no sign of anyone he knew, Mallek was not present, it mattered little. He was sent here under direct orders from the King, to become a Warden and serve in the fight against the darkspawn. Khoran stood out quite significantly, the royal emblem emblazoned on many parts of his armour and shield. After a time Khoran took a seat alone, he was unsure of everything, the night had rattled him significantly in what he believed to be true. The Darkspawn were massing and in great number, how has this escaped the attention of Ferelden for so long, how were they to counter this threat, who would be the one to end it?

These were all questions that he knew would not be answered for some time, for now he waited, his mysterious summons and then almost complete abandonment was beginning to worry him.

Mallek had spoken of a traitor, and thus why the need for secrecy, a senior member of the Grey Wardens was apparently behind the attacks earlier. Mallek himself had intercepted Khoran in the lowlands and had led him to this place, this seemingly ruined structure, if King Alistair knew of this place, he did not let on. Khoran looked across the room, eyes were beginning to settle on him, only a handful of members of the order were apparently stationed here...he wondered, how much suspicion would be laid, he was a knight from Denerim, press ganged into service by his Lord King Alistair..a high ranking Warden..

Tag any

4. Republic_Anvil

Republic_Anvil Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2009
    IC-Anvila
    Haven Keep

Her dreams were strange, and then frightening. She had found herself in the forest, a bow in her hand and a Stag in her sight. She drew fletch to cheek and let out a half breath.

Darkspawn were everywhere.

The forest burned.

She let loose her arrow, striking a Herlock in the forehead, and had another flying before he hit the ground. She emptied her quiver and still they came. She drew her Dar'Misu and carved the oncoming hoard to bloody pieces.

It did not matter.

The world burned.

She stood in the ash, blackened streaks lining her face, and looked upon the devastation that was once a city. A shadow passed over her. Looking up she saw the outline of a Dragon, saw its eyes looking at her. Felt its breath consign her to a firy grave....

She gasped as she sat bolt upright.

She was in Haven Keep in the quarters she had found for herself after Mallek had dismissed the group. The sheets were twisted around her legs and soaked through with sweat.

Anvila extracted herself from the bedding stoked the smoldering fire in the hearth. Pouring some water into a bowl she stripped off her small cloths and started washing off the night's sweat. She dunked her head in the cold water and scrubbed her hair. She pulled her only other pair of small cloths from the small satchel she carried, and dawned her armor.

Picking up her bow she looked at it forlornly. In the forest it was the most efficient she had ever shot. But in the cramped confines of a building it was large and bulky.

A visit to the Keep's armory was in order.

It took her the better part of an hour to find a shortbow to her liking. It was an unadorned bow, nothing fancy, but the pull was good and the weight was right. She disassembled her long bow, detaching the limbs and placing them with the sight in her satchel. She would reassemble it when they moved back into the open. She also picked up a second quiver, and attached it to the side of her original. Both quivers would place their arrow fletches over her left shoulder for easy draw. Her Dar'Misu were at each hip.

Satisfied with her armament, Anvila walked the Keep. Mallek's words last night still disturbed her. How could there be a traitor in the Wardens? She couldn't fathom it. Lost in though she bumped into another Warden. She nodded to the man in the heavy armor, and without thought spoke.

?Díhena enni ? {Forgive Me}

She immediately realized she had been speaking Elvish and switched. ?Forgive me. I was not looking where I was goin...? She stopped as she got a good look at his face.

?I le? Ta'le Dalish?? {Who are you? You're Dalish?}

TAG Lord Razel

5. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    IC Khoran Von Tarrat

?I le? Ta'le Dalish?? {Who are you? You're Dalish?}

Khoran smiled to himself, he could understand the language but barely speak it, he has been brought to the city at a very young age and trained from birth in the castle barracks. He knew little of his childhood where he was among his own people, all he knew was steel and sweat.

"I am indeed Dalish, although I would not be able to respond in my native tounge, that path was long since lost to me. My name is Khoran Von Tarrat, I have been sent here by his Majesty King Alistair."

He watched the others eyes light up in recognition and something else, he could not put his finger on it. He stood up slowly and offered his armoured gauntlet.

"I am the newly appointed member of the order and am to accompany you all in whatever mission that has been placed before us."

He waited for a response, his hand held in anticipation, for a human she was pleasant to look upon, her ability to speak the language astonishing. He had never encountered his language during his training, to come from a human, that was a rare find indeed.

Tag Anvil

6. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Jaden
    Haven Keep

"One of the more recent philosophical questions concerning magic is whether mages conjure a flame by simply calling it into being or summoning it from some parallel existence such as the Fade. While such theories may hold some validity, and it is known that mages do tap into the Fade, it is instead believed that when you create fire, all that a mage is mostly doing is concentrating on the inherent nature of fire contained in the surrounding area into one location."

For one who is incapable of magic, her intellectual insights seem spot on nonetheless, Jaden complimented to the dwarven author as he turned the page of his chosen book. In fact, her beginning chapters seem to focus a lot on magic and it's link to nature which is something that leans more towards primal magic users. Such as Jaden of course.

Having gone back to the page that he left off before going to bed last night, the mage, despite seeking some solace within the pages of the tome, had his mind drifting back to what occurred last night. A dream to be precise. Not something that the mage was usually concerned with as his teachings have made him quite aware about the inherent link between dreams and the Fade.

Which was why his mind was constantly drifting back to it cause he knew very well that that dream was not a dream.

Then again, perhaps it was. But there had definitely seemed something more...prophetic about this dream that made the mage suspect that this wasn't some ordinary dream. A nightmare perhaps. He saw, could practically feel really, the darkspawn that surrounded the dark, war-torn landscape that he had found himself in. In fact, a part of his mind had registered the debris of shattered homes and walls that had failed to keep whatever danger that had visited upon this place out. The ruins felt familiar and what was of Jaden's conscious wondered if this dream was nothing more but a nightmare that had first plagued him during his beginning years of apprenticeship. He had thought he had rid himself of those nightmares long ago but he supposed there was the chance of the occasional reappearance...

It didn't matter. His focus had turned to a mountain off into the distance, a large, winged silhouette at the top that roared at the dark skies. And, if only for a moment, the mage thought he detected another as well within the shadow of what could've only been a great and terrible beast. A dragon.

He had awoken then, a bit of sweat on his brow but nothing major. After a quick wash, decking himself on a fresh set of purple and green robes, Jade had returned to the main room of the Keep, his book open and laid out before him while he munched on a morning fare of a couple sausages and slices of ham. Compared to what the mage normally ate, this was practically a feast. But this seemingly spike in his appetite that made him wonder if it was his empty stomach rather then his bad dream that woke him up just surprised him with it's demand for satisfaction.

He took note of Daemon being out and about not too long after he started eating. The other Warden grabbed what he could, ate, then left, seeming to be intent on some other business. That reminded him... Taking a break from his reading, Jaden dug into his robes and pulled out a folded document. Unfolding it, he laid it out before him and his green eyes shifted towards that. It was a list of the information that Mallek had mentioned before and given each of them a copy before they turned to bed. Devouring the rest of his breakfast, Jaden made sure to put his own dishes away before, picking up his staff and pocketing his book as he did so, he went in the direction that he had seen Daemon disappear to, the document still in his hand and his eyes sweeping along it. Best to get started on familiarizing on what they had if they were indeed going to start looking for answers today.

TAG: Radiance]

7. Republic_Anvil

Republic_Anvil Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2009
    Anvila
    Haven Keep

"I am indeed Dalish, although I would not be able to respond in my native tongue, that path was long since lost to me. My name is Khoran Von Tarrat, I have been sent here by his Majesty King Alistair."

He stood up slowly and offered his armored gauntlet.

"I am the newly appointed member of the order and am to accompany you all in whatever mission that has been placed before us."

Anvila accepted his proffered hand. ?A pleasure to meet you Khoran. I am Anvila of the Dalish.?

Anvila wondered about this Elf, having lost his Dalish heritage and apparently living among humans more then his own people, mirrored her own past.

She noted his interest. It was always so. She was a curiosity to most Elfs, though their disdain for humans usually overrode it. There was no disdain in Khoran's voice. It was refreshing to say the least.

?Tell me, what are your thoughts on our current task??

She turned at the hint of movement behind her, and saw Jaden turn the corner, apparently looking for someone.

"Good morning Jaden. Have you met the newest member of our group?" She introduced Khoran to the Mage.

"We were just about to discuss the task that had been given to us."

TAG: Lord_Razel, Sarge

8. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Khoran Von Tarrat (Haven Main Hall)

A human claiming to be one of the Dalish, it had struck him as odd, but he shrugged off such matters, they were all Ferelden's. They were all bleeding for the same victory, the same cause and the same outcome.

He liked this Anvila already, she was level headed and seemed to speak frank and to the point, something Khoran held in quite hight esteem. Cutting corners, dissembling and other tricks of the tongue were left to politicians, not warriors. His mind drifted for a moment, thinking of the dead he had left in protecting the king, the soldiers who died while old men bickered about who would own what. He knew that it was the young men and women of Ferelden who would win this war, not those who believed they had the power to command them.

His brief wanderings were cut short as Anvila introduced an almost lost member of their party, a mage by looks. He joined their small circle, the bulky armoured figure of Khoran sticking out like a sore thumb.

"As for the task at hand, I am afraid I did not get much of a briefing, if you would all be so kind as to tell me what it is we have been instructed to do exactly, or at least what it is you believe we are here to achieve."

He spoke with no frustration, no confusion, just straight and to the point. He needed objectives, he knew how to handle those, all this mystery and dark corners made him uneasy. A soldiers life.

Tag Anvil, Sarge

9. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Haven Keep

Though not who he was looking for, Jaden spotted Anvila just as she greeted him. With a polite nod of his head to the Dalish human, the mage responded with a, "Good morning" in return before his green eyes focused upon the newcomer.

The armor gave it away easily enough and Jaden immediately figured that this newcomer was a Grey Warden if he was in Haven Keep. More specifically, the recruit that Mallek had mentioned ws being sent be King Alistair supposedly. Not surprising. But what was surprising, and what caused Jaden to raise a brow and tilt his head in examination, were the ears that Anvila had lacked when he had first thought that she was an elf. A switch of attire he was seeing, the elf wearing the heavy, plated armor and the human wearing the leathers.

It couldn't be unheard of he supposed but it was unusual. Between the elves being viewed as such poor citizens and their own physical limitations - being shorter and more slender then humans -, the mage had never seen one decked out in such armor as one would see a knight. Not the first oddity he had seen since becoming a Grey Warden of course, and the mage was able to just easily accept it. It was easier to do so then when he had first met Anvila.

"Good to meet you Khoran," Jaden greeted with a polite bow upon Anvila's introduction of the elf.

"As for the task at hand, I am afraid I did not get much of a briefing, if you would all be so kind as to tell me what it is we have been instructed to do exactly, or at least what it is you believe we are here to achieve."

"Information," Jaden replied simply, gesturing towards the document that was still held in his hand. "That is all for now I believe. I had seen Daemon not too long ago and had been looking for him to see where we should start."

TAG: Anvil, Raziel, Radiance

10. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Daemon Maddigan

Daemon had actually detoured himself from the front door to retrieve a forgotten item.

His Warden Amulet.

Upon returning to the door, he rounded the corner in time to hear Jaden speaking.

I had seen Daemon not too long ago and had been looking for him to see where we should start."

?And so here I am.?

Daemon walked up behind Jaden and looked over the new arrival. It turned out that he was in fact a Dalish Elf decked out in plate armor that Daemon would find stifling due to it?s size. And then there was Anvila. The human who considered herself Dalish in almost every respect, wearing the traditional garbs of her people. They were definitely a diverse bunch. There was no questioning that. Daemon wondered quietly if all groups of Grey Wardens were as such.

He learned that the new elven warriors name was Khoran, and that he had come direct from recommendation and service from the King himself. It was high praise, if it were true. Daemon didn?t have any reason to doubt the man in his word but, he would wait to see rather than take someone at face value. Things were rarely as they seemed these days. Human elves, Elven Knights, young men who wielded more power than a mage twice his age, and an Orlesian noble fighting for Ferelden as if it were his natural home. Though no one else knew of his nobility. Daemon was all too happy to let his status remain as a former wanderer.

Daemon looked down at the parchment that Mallek had left with him, the details were slim and wanting at best. But it was a start.

?Well, if nothing else, I think we should exercise extreme discretion. A group of new and unknown Wardens asking questions may not shine us in a well defined light, and could indeed paint a target on our backs. If anything it would make us out of place rather than this alleged traitor.?

He skimmed the parchment for clues as to where to go first.

?I suggest we break into groups of two. I can accompany our spell-slinger and head to the Wardens Keep in the city to take a look around. I think Anvila and our newest member should go to the Elven Alienage to see if someone knows something. The city elves are just about everywhere in places of authority as servants. If anyone would notice something out of place within the Wardens, it would probably be one of them, and of the assembled group here, I believe that you two would have the best chance of coaxing some information out into the open. Though it probably wont be as easy as showing up and flashing our new friends ears, so I would tread lightly all the same.?

Mallek had not left anyone in charge, and Daemon had just kind of stepped into the role out of habit due to his age over the rest of the group. It might not be the smartest decision, but it was an option.

?That?s my vote anyway. Unless someone else has any ideas??

He looked around as he raised his eyebrows in question.

Tag Grey Wardens

11. Lord_Raziel

Sep 23, 2007
    IC Khoran Von Tarrat

Khoran listened carefully to this man, he seemed to know what he was talking about and he would respect that. He was much older than those already assembled and thus Khoran immediately viewed him as his senior. The idea of brand new Wardens snooping around high ranking officials did seem suspicious and he agreed that it would do nothing but put large targets across his newly found unit.

Khoran stayed quiet throughout Daemons views and ideas, he was not one to say much, he would accept the groups decision and do his up most to see their objectives completed. If he was to travel to the Alienage then so be it, he was just as much at home among his own people as the humans he now served, he knew his presence there would be greeted with a mix of awe and disgust. He was an elf, but one of the few who has risen in the human ranks, he wore their heraldry, he took their vows, some would hate him, some would welcome him gladly.

No matter, his mission would still be the same, no matter what got in his way.

Khoran nodded, his face stern and focused. He would wait and see how the others would respond.

Tag all

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Haven Keep

?And so here I am.?

Jaden turned and took a step to the side at the approach of Daemon so that he could stand with the rest of the group. Leaning upon his staff that was held in his one hand, the mage looked down at the list in his hand as the elder Warden explained his plan for today's information gathering. No...they didn't have much to go on at all as he saw.

His ears still focused on the words of Daemon, Jaden turned and raised a brow at the label of "spell-slinger", but any other actions that he made was a nod of his head in agreement at the plan. It was indeed best to split up and see what they could find. The two teams would be perfect as well, especially Anvila and Khoran to conduct their search in the Alienage. While Anvila wasn't really an elf, her attire may help nonetheless. And at the very least there was the fact that Khoran was an elf.

"It's all we have," the mage replied. His eyes returning back to the document in his hand, Jaden took another long look at the words, committing them to memory. And then, with only one slight furrow of a brow, a flame suddenly burst into existence that consumed the paper with such unnatural speed, leaving ashes that he brushed off of his hand. Despite what had to be a very hot flame, he didn't appear affected by it at all, the pale skin of his hand having been completely untouched by the flame.

A method of caution. Jaden didn't like the idea of carrying such an important document around with him, especially if someone else managed to get their hands on it; whether pickpocketing or otherwise. Leaving it locked away somewhere in Haven Keep could've been preferable but even though the mage was sure that Mallek only hired trustworthy personnel, one couldn't be too careful. They were looking into the possibility of treachery after all. Within the Grey Wardens nonetheless.

"We should probably get started," he spoke again though his jade green eyes glanced over to Anvila to see if she had anything to say.

TAG: Radiance, Anvil, Raziel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.