main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Rochester Heart Walk April 29, 2006

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TD-027, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I'm sorry Tommy, I missed it. I love you man!

2. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Cool, Erica!!! I need a bride there, 'cuz I'm thinking we should call ourselves "The Heart(s) of Star Wars". Yeah, it's pretty corny, but fits the event.

3. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I found my costume, I just have to re-do the brooch since it broke in half...but I should be all set. It'll be my first non-Halloween costume event, w00t!

4. Recaf2000

Recaf2000 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    I'll try and get the day off.

5. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Broken broach...that sounds all too familiar! [face_blush]

6. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Looks like we have another great turnout in the works!

Hearts of Star Wars, with Padme and Anakin leading the team-- Too cool!

7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    So which is it going to be for the press release?
    "Take Star Wars to Heart" or "The Hearts of Star Wars"

~Doc_Bev

8. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    i like the Hearts of Star Wars

9. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Ditto

10. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Gosh... what have I wrought? Well, that's cool. Now lemme think... what other couples can we do from that far away galaxy.... hmmmmm... we'd need a Han (got one).... a Leia (many otions there)... too bad we don't have a Jedi Master "Luke" costumer, 'cuz it'd be sweet to do Luke and Mara... have we called on our Buffalo/Syracuse/Canadian/New Jersey friends to fill out these couples and the ranks? If someone can whip up a Rystall costume real quick, we could get Pete or someone to do Fett, and couple them up... (y'know... like the Jedi SE scene with those two? It's brief, sure... but it's somethin'!):p

EDIT: Ooooo! Ooooo! Just had a thought... let's get an Owen and Beru! And a Clieg Lars and Shmi! C'mon! We can do this!! A Mala for our Chewie! We could have our Tusken Dude and Tusken Chick "be a couple"!!! Okay... NOW I'm stretching it...

11. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
  12. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Rystall would be fun, but she's a lot of work. lol And I'd be crazy enough to attempt it, but I have another project underway that has to be finished by the end of the month. :p

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Press release has been blasted to 38 e-mailboxes and the event's been submitted to about half a dozen online event calendars.

~Doc_Bev

14. Recaf2000

Recaf2000 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Is a costume required? I'll try and tweak my Barriss one from Halloween.

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    No, costumes are not required to participate in the walk. Although I'd love to be able to see your Barriss costume in person! Just a Star Wars t-shirt would be fine - I'm guessing you probably have one. ;)

~Doc_Bev

16. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Team can you please PM me your e-mail addy's, I need to add them to the Heart walk Team. Then you will be sent a registration link. THANKS-

I set our team goal at $200???? I don't know, Let me know, I can adjust it.

17. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    WOO HOO! I have a Title LOL! Thanks Nicky :)

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    You're welcome TD-027!
    I'm guessing you have my email address already.
    I'm not sure that KnightShade has decided what he's doing.

Do you know what the planned route is? Maybe we get that after registering? I was just thinking that although I can't do the whole walk maybe I could do a little bit in the beginning, take some pictures and then cut to the end or something depending on how the route went. :p

EDIT: Also, I noticed that the event starts at 8am, but the walk doesn't start until 10am. What time should we get to Blue Cross Arena? 8am is a bit early for me, but if they block off roads for the walk at a certain time I'm worried that I won't be able to get to the parking garage easily.

~Doc_Bev

19. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=113360&lis=1&kntae113360=FE50E54CCE814856B384F117C53B1E35&supId=125505186&team=1293977

You can sign up to be a part of the Hearts of Star Wars at the above link. Thanks-

20. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Okey-dokey, I'm all singed up over there on Heart Assoc. webpage for the walk... but how do I get a Pledge Sheet printed out, to get sponsors? We are supposed to get sponsors, right?

And by the way, does anyone have any interest in yet another walk? Emily brought home a pledge sheet for the MS (Multiple Sclerosis) Walk, taking place on Sunday, May 6th, at a few different places; my pick would be at Genesee Valley Park. Starts with check-in at 9am that day, with the walk getting underway at 10. Anyone? I'll probably start up a new thread here to bring greater attention to this event, and Nicky, if it's a go, you can add it to the Group itinerary.

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Never got answers to these questions from last week so here they are again...

~Doc_Bev

22. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    There is a link in the left column that says "Material Request Form" Just fill that out and they'll mail them to you. Or you can send e-mails online from their site, which is what I did for my out-of-state relatives.

If anyone wants to make an online donation you can do it on our team page:
    https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=113360&lis=0&kntae113360=5817B1599311478D960201BB29AA1242&supId=0&team=1293977

Thanks!!

23. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Thanks Wookie Cookie, Nice job! I've been meaning to post this info, Thanks-

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think that helps MadKid's question about sponsorship forms, but I don't think it answers my questions.

~Doc_Bev

25. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Ah yes! Sorry Nicky, I will call the person listed as the contact this morning and ask the question. It seems to me that there should be some special parking for people with "condtions". I'll see what I can find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.