main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    that was my impression but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

I'm looking through the book... I still own Rebel Dawn..

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Was Rebel Dawn a Han Solo trilogy novel?

The Brian Daley trilogy was composed of Han Solo's Revenge, Han Solo at Star's End, Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. At the end of whichever was the final book, Han and Chewie decide to go and see if Jabba the Hutt has any contracts, so immediately prior to ANH is an exaggeration, as they would have had time to lose Jabba's spice, and get him mad at them, and use up several excuses before Greedo is sent after them.

3. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I liked the books and they ended it with Han meeting up with Luke and Obi-Wan....

They did loose the cargo and it was mentioned about the dept in ANH and I thought the person who wrote up the book tied it neatly in...

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith...

There is the Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Crispen and The Han Solo Adventures by Brain Daley. Of the two series, the "Adventures" is considered the better of the two and more commonly referenced, while the "Trilogy" has seen many negative reviews with Crispen's "betrayal" (as some readers call it) of Han Solo, turning him into a soft boy before we see him in ANH. Most fans, like I said, reference the "Adventures" and ignore the "Trilogy" almost all together.

I've read the first book of the Adventures and started the second some years ago, while I have made it half way through the first book of the "Trilogy".

As a side note, Scoundrels is a awesome book so far. Loving Lando, Han, and Chewie! :D

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Most fans, like I said, reference the "Adventures" and ignore the "Trilogy" almost all together.

Isn't that a bit of an unfair statement? I've read alot of fanfiction in the past eleven years and the Han Solo trilogy does get referenced quite a bit. I tried reading the other book and had trouble grasping the writing style and stopped reading after twenty pages.

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I expect this could be a generational thing.

For my generation, and older SW fans, the Brian Daley set of three books was the only trilogy around, and as "Trilogy" is the accepted name for a set of three things, we would refer to a Han Solo Trilogy, and mean the BD ones.

From the sound of what Bravo says, someone realised that they would have to somehow differentiate between the BD and Crispin sets, and introduced "Trilogy" and "Adventures". Some fans and fanfic writers could refer to the or an HS trilogy, and simply mean the one they are most familiar with.

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    JediFalcon, your answers are below from the Lit thread...

I totally forgot the Scoundrels' timeline! :oops: I could have told you the answer earlier..

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith-I-5, I'll be getting a reply up tonight for Palso. NICE post. Oh yea, baby, time to crunch!

...Sorry...my Inner Man (blame Wendy's :p) was coming out...

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Doing a response to CPL, but need to get some sleep, so I won't be waiting for you to get yours up.

I tried to Google Yavscout, in an attempt to find a shortcut to one of the archived RPF games on here, and to my surprise, it found an old webpage of mine from 2003 dealing with the first Everquest guild that Yav was in. It opens up a bit more of his pre-SW universe memories, so quite a find.

:cool:

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith, posted! :cool:

Nice find Sith! Very sweet! :D

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bums! You beat me by one minute!

13. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Nice post Sith... I'll get my response up asap.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    :p

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith-I-5, any clue as to what is out there for visuals? Capital ships? Pirates? New mysterious race? I'll post it in general terms, so as to not hint in any one direction until you clarify. :)

Oh, and the DD hasn't reached the Open Sea yet...I'm assuming... :confused:

16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Bravo can you hold off until I post tonight? That will answer your question and catch Mac up to Jim.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Opps...I'll edit it. [face_blush]

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I PMed a link to both of you, as to what the ship looks like. Over one of our previous conversation threads.

And the DD has not budged from Berroll's Donn star system yet.

Oh, and I know what they are; but now I am stepping back and letting you two do your thing. :)

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    any chance you could hold off on Mitth's post just so I can position Fress to watch Jeth getting dragged?

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    You did Sith...hmmm....I need to look.

Falcon, you can retro post. I have to get ready for Spring Break this weekend at work (I'm a ECE Teacher, so since the public schools are out, I have to have a lesson plan prepped for five full days with roughly 21 plus students), so I have to get posts in where I can.

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you for understanding.

Sith-I-5, I've checked all PMs going back to October 9th, 2012 under my Bravo username and I don't see anything regarding any ships...

23. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    It's out there now Bravo

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo

Okay, I must be misunderstanding the meaning of PMs, as they pertain to our current home.

You know that conversation thingie, where you asked if I had plans to pursue the Crusader to Malastare; well whatever that is, I added it on to that. Now, if there is a separate private messaging facility on here, I have not yet encountered it.

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Oh, that might be on my Intervention username, Sith. I'll take a look tomorrow. Off to bed. Mitth, post up! CPL, I'll read your post tomorrow. Good night all. :)