main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh yeah, now that's what I'm talkin' about.

GREAT IMPROVEMENT, CPL. =D=

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Thank you Sith.

So I have been wondering... as I look at various things in the library... do those of us that have been given ranks have Officer Plaques on our uniforms? And if so, are they the same as those used by the Rebel Alliance or the Empire or are they of our own design?

Just wondering...

3. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    NPC sheets done for the two Wooks.

4. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Sith-I-5 is it safe to assume that the Bantha is complying with my message and are ready to receive the Arrow of Light?

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, Yav doesn't have a uniform as such.

In general, I think Taller sprang for patches that could be sewn onto stuff, rather than plaques, though for those aboard the 'Delinquent, the Jod Reprographics Unit knocked up some laminated badges for crew, so Mac might have been given one for officers or pilots.

Maybe we can buy plaques with our next pay cheques.

The Bantha is complying, but has not opened the hatch yet, due to needing to put vacsuits on. I will get onto a short post right away to open the welcome wagon - Bravo wanted me to do the CS's first.

6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    ok I just wanted to make sure I wasn't suppose to interpret something that I didn't.

7. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    And KraytDragon90 and myself are rocking and rolling now!

8. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Hello there,

9. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Whitelight !!!!! where have you been??? Are you planning on coming back to the RPF? and Intervention?

10. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    I been in my own sanctuary of Life. I have had my up and downs as most have fast things in life. I really thinking of coming back just don't know where to get back into this or character. Just bring in Maya but tweek her a bit.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Whitelight? Welcome...back?

Name sound familiar, but I cannot remember if it was from Intervention.

If you are starting a new character, run the CS past Bravo, then have the character arrive on Bespin for the Merc recruitment drive happening there. If bringing in a previous character, PM me the character identification, and what you recall of her, his, or its last situation, and we can work out where to get you in.

Gen, Krayt, great starting post. We are lucky to have you two.

12. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    I been talking CPL bring back a character but tweeking her to make fit into the time.

I think maybe the shadow rp.

Here I was with the old bunch before making this new game long long long time ago with sister some of the ones that are still runninga round here.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah-ha, you were here with a Nephesh Azon in 2011.

Welcome back. :)

14. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    Yea, that one of character I play around with didn't realized that I brought her here.

Thank you for the WB :D

15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I think Bravo is getting ready to leave Bespin, there will be a recruitment happening at Smugglers run as soon as that part of the game gets into gear.

You may want to considering jumping in there maybe...

16. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    okay thanks smuggler run does sound like a great place to jump in with her at.

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Welcome back Whitelight! Nice to have a returning player. . .not to mention being around long enough to have returning players ;)

18. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    Hahahah Yes that to. Now to plant roots this time so I don't go running off again. :p

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    First Introduction Draft for Intervention: Allegiance

Please note, I have only included established characters in Intervention at this point in the draft; as our newer players' characters get flushed out more IC, I'll add them as I get a feel for their characters.

This is a very, very limited draft; I have much, much more coming with other characters and events to include in the introduction. I just wanted to get a review off of the first small bit.

More or less I'm asking for constructive opinion on the writing of your characters and suggestions/ideas to either expand or add more depth to what is already written up. This is just the first small part of the introduction, much more to come!!!!

I'm going to add more to Atin's part and add the rest of the Intervention cast with the Johnny Boy.

Minutes before the Battle of Pinoora, 6 months after the Battle of Yavin during the Evacuation of Yavin

The reflection of deep space's startling beauty---its distant nebula's and stars---reflected off of Yavscout's bubble visor as he put a jump to his step and hoped the strength of his jump was enough to propel him to his next destination ahead. If it wasn't, instead of being a unwilling victim of the vacuum of space, the Surefall Paramedic, Galactic Republic Security Agency field agent, and Merc second-in-command would use his EV suit's miniature rockets to give him the extra boost he needed. But, as he floated across the silent expanse of deep space where noise did not travel and only breathing inside his helmet gave him some normalcy that this wasn't all just a dream, he touched down on the emergency hatch, grasping hold onto the exterior handle to prevent him from floating away into the vacuum death he so wished to avoid. He now held tightly to one of the emergency hatches under the port side base of the T of a Imperial I-class Star Destroyer. He quickly reactivated his palm magnetic gloves and feet and moved several feet over, the magnetic surfaces gluing him to the armored surface of the Star Destroyer. With fine-toothed control, he deactivated and reactivated every palm and foot surface as he moved with many hours of training and repetition drilled into him for the training for this mission.

He looked down, seeing two other EV suited beings floating his way through the gravity-less vacuum of space, the top level of the "super structure" of a Star Destroyer's hull visible, the extruding "neck" of the bridge tower to the beings' right. The first being landed; Yavscout could tell who he was by the being's fiery speech about needing his "bucket" for the mission, despite a EV suit helmet being over that. Regardless, the Mercs' Security Chief Beskaryc Taab was well suited physically for what came next, as his body tensed and he "caught" Havah Jeth's form. The human and Arkanian respectfully worked themselves out and the three Mercs were along the hull, their magnetic surfaces keeping them fast to the Star Destroyer's hull, waiting for the "go signal". Well, they were almost all still. Havah Jeth was busy by the emergency hatch using the security code breaker data-pad and codes that Rusty "Two Thumbs" McWilliams had prepared for them for this mission...

Pinoora System

Atin Taab didn't know whether he should feel like the luckiest person part of this crazy mission or the loneliest. While his father had authorized, with great reservation, that the
    Crusader be turned into floating debris---on the outside at least if appearances were to be taken at face value----Atin had been the one volunteered to act essentially as the middle man: the life and communication link between his father's advance team on the Star Destroyer and surrounding Imperial fleet just inside sensor range (if his sensors were on that is) and the combined Mon Calamari, Kingdom of Jod, and Merc fleet blazing their way through hyperspace and on course to exit any moment and pound the Imperials into star dust. What his lonely mission was essentially---with the droids Ler and Dak keeping him company in the cockpit, but being droids and shut down at the moment, didn't register on life sign scans or energy scans---to act as a relay station to "boost" the data-burst message to the advance team that the fleet was approaching and act as their pick-up (as he had acted as their drop-off earlier) after their mission was said and done, Atin also knew he and his droid crew could provide a tactical advantage if the battle was evenly matched, which considering the Empire's Imperial-class Star Destroyers, Victory-class Star Destroyers, and numerous support ships, the battle would be.

But for now, Atin suffered in a ship all but "dead" with minimal life support running (and him freezing), as to reduce his energy signal as much as possible. So far, it was working...

Johnny Boy, hyperspace

The Johnny Boy was part of a much bigger fleet that shot through hyperspace all around....

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    College class got canceled tonight due to a snow blizzard (a course, I'm the one person crazy enough to drive in it to get to class). So, I'll be heading home from college here soon and start working on the game tonight.

KraytDragon90 and GenOochy, feel free to meet us on the roof-top or, I'll post when I get home running into you guys (we'll need some starfighter protection for the next leg of our journey). If you guys don't have a post up by the time I get home (30 minutes or so), I'll have a post up meeting you guys with @Barden_Jusik at your landing platform.

With that said, I have some thoughts I want to share with everyone and I was wondering your opinions on it. I was thinking to "end" our current game of Intervention and start Allegiance in its place. The ending for this game would admittedly being anti-climatic, with a cut-seen showing the fate of Project Zero (our "final mission"), but I feel that we could end this game on a high positive rebuilding phase for the Mercs and have Project Zero's storyline (since the fate of Project Zero isn't total destruction) continue as a solid secondary story in the second game. It was just a thought, but one I as giving more and more attention to, since a realistic rebuilding phase is taking longer then I expected. We would have smaller missions (like getting of the crew, etc.) to replace the one big final mission for this game; during this time, I could also be setting the storyline foundation for the second game, so we enter Allegiance on more solid footing. Thoughts?

Tags for response: Coffee_Ninja, @Barden_Jusik, Sith-I-5, CPL_Macja, JediFalcon, KraytDragon90 and GenOochy

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Good read so far, and nice to see that you have already shoehorned the Mon Cals in, though if based on my contingent, should be a flotilla rather than a fleet. What is the state of the Dac homeworld

22. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    we're getting thunder storms and you're getting a blizzard. I love storms

I'm sure you will work the game as you see fit Bravo, I'm fine with what ever you decide. As long as we get a chance to get to smugglers run...

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, on the smaller missions, I am building up to Yav and the Delinquent being asked to help evac Flitter, though if that is not possible, SGIS will have to do what it can.

24. Whitelight

Aug 10, 2007
    Looking great so far ill try work on cs maybe get a foreshadow post for next story lin or how every u thinking of bringing my chsrter to life im at work just on phone right got to do something to stsy awake since been here sense 11pmfor last night

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo, you have put so much effort and heartache into Intervention, as evidenced by Screen One of the Library Thread, that I think it would be a shame to compromise the ending just to launch the second game. Do the best with what you've got, would be my call; no gaurantee Allegiance will be as successful as Intervention's best.

Mitth_Fisto and Whitelight like this.