main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Role Playing 101

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Syrix_Kahl, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth picked at his nails with one of his knives, leaning against the hovertaxi while waiting for the others.

2. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: Is it okay if I assume my purchase went through to keep the game moving? If not, let me know and I'll edit.

IC:
    Kera came out of the bar and walked over to Dire Wolf. "Sorry it took so long. I had to find one that wouldn't clash with my outfit." She leaned against the transport beside him. "You from Coruscant?"

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth sideglanced at Kera. "In that, everything would clash." He replied and resumed picking at his nails with the tip of his knife before finally seathing the weapon back into his boot. "And no, I'm not from Coruscant."

TAG: Inyri

4. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    IC: Gay-Len was waiting for the others to make their selections. While strolling between the opened crates, she was feigning expertise in weaponry by intently examining the merchandise, commenting occasionally on the decline in quality armaments these days. 'I wonder if I'll have time for shooting practice,' she wondered, 'hopefully, I'll be working alone most of the time and can make use of my lightsaber unobserved.'

After they cleared out, she chose the most impressive looking weapon and armor she had set aside earlier. With her new arms, she tracked down the bartender and haggled briefly. She wasn?t particularly concerned with price for the moment. She had already made a sacrifice to reserve funds by resorting to that establishment for a meal. ?I hope that doesn?t come back to haunt me,? she reflected as she pasted through the exit to join the others who were waiting out front.

5. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: LOL, Mitth!

IC:
    Kera smirked. "So glad you approve," she replied sarcastically.

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth smiled back warmly and turned his attention to the latest addition to the pack. "That leaves only the Jedi-wannabe to get here and then we can get this show on the road."

TAG: DA, Gay-Lenn

7. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera looked at Mitth. He knew how to get under her skin already. Not wise, Kera. You're only asking for trouble if you can't get along with those who you are working with. She decided not to start any more trouble with the blue-skinned alien.

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Read me sig Inyri and beware [face_devil]

9. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    IC: Gay-Len raised an eyebrow, detecting the strain between the two beings. ?That?s just what we need.? As an attempt to change the subject, she turned to the Chiss and addressed his concerns about the young Jedi?s whereabouts, ?He was speaking with Hooper as I left. Feeling restless, Wolf??

10. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Mitth - Are you sure you want to buy 4 more knives? You already have 1. Unless you're considering using them as throwning knives? And don't forget - you're supposed to be Lawful Neutral.

Fel - For this game airtaxis are free. They didn't pay in the movie, and I really couldn't be bothered deducting credits everytime you travelled somewhere.

- Storyline
    The Party
    - The airtaxi pilot watches the four of you bundle into the back of the taxi. Where're yer headed?

(I assume that all purchases are taken care of before the airtaxi leaves:
    DA - nothing
    Mitth - 4 knives [awaiting response]
    Inyri - Blaster Pistol
    Gay-Len - Blaster Pistol, Light Armour)

Fel - The line moves up a bit, but you still seem to be no closer to getting in. The bouncer looks down the queue at you, you get the feeling that he's watching your every move. Someone taps you on the shoulder, it's a human woman. She flashes a coy smile, "I haven't seen you here before. You new in town, hun?"

11. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC:
    "She decided not to start any more trouble with the blue-skinned alien. "

See, Mitth, I promised to behave! (At least for now)

~Inyri

12. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    OOC: Sorry for falling behind guys....I've been utterly flumoxed over the past few days but it shpuld be clear sailing from here :)

IC: Ki-Dara ran out through the front doors of the bar and rolled into the air taxi in the nick of time. The driver was asking them where they wanted to go.

"I feel that we should attain more intelligence data on our mission before proceeding. Hooper said the CPF would know a lot more than he so maybe we should just drop by the local station ad request their assistance?

It is a distinctly bad strategy to approach a battle without knowledge of one's opponents so unless anyone else has any better ways to gain information regarding our adversaries......"

?[face_plain]

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Syrix- Can I change my affiliation? Chaotic Neutral, i think that would fit me. Or maybe Lawful Evil? Anyway I am way too much of a trouble maker to behave. :D What do you suggest?

And yeah, I bought four knives because I can use them more then just throwing knives. Never know when five knives can be handy.

"Sounds like a plan." Mitth replied after he took the front seat. "If we do, I'm waiting outside in the taxi."

TAG: Anyone and Syrix

14. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: Mind if I get a little naughty with the person behind me? :D

Oh and how many credits do I have left?

IC:
    Red Moisture Plant

Hmmm, this one's a hot one, he thought looking over his shoulder at the woman behind him. "I haven't seen anyone like you here before. Very few people here are..... as good looking as you, lady," Fel said coyly, smiling at her.

As he said that, he put one of his hands into his pocket and silently set his blaster
    pistol to stun. The Twi'leki bouncer had looked at him ever since he joined the line. He might be laying a trap to take care of him.

He then set his rifle to kill, just in case.
    He didn't like to harm pretty ladies, but if push came to shove he would stun her. Of course he had no problem with killing ugly nerf herders.

15. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC:
    "I'll go inside, but we need something better then, 'Hey, we were wondering if you'd help us get the reward money by giving us information on gang warfare.' Anyone got any good ideas?" Kera looked at the others, hoping one of them had an idea for a lie. She found lying was easier when one had a chance to rehearse it.

16. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Mitth - Alright, you've got 4 more knives. As for your alignment, I'll change it straight away, since this is only going to be a small game. If it was part of a larger campaign or an epic game, then I'd ask that you change your alignment in-game. There are two ways (that come to mind, there may be others) to do this:

1) Start playing your character as Lawful Neutral, however, as the opportunities arise, start making your decisions more and more as a Chaotic Neutral character. Hopefully I should notice this change and I'll let you know when I've changed your alignment.
    2) There's an item in D&D called the Helm of Opposite Alignment. When worn, the item's curse instantly takes effect (there's a roll to see if the characters will is strong enough to resist. The alignment of the wearer is radically altered - good to eviel, chaotic to lawful, neutral to some extreme commitment(LE, LG, CE, CG) - to an alignment as different as possible from the former alignment. Alteration in alignment is mental as well as moral, and the individual thoroughly enjoys his new outlook. (Only a wish or miracle spell can restore the character to their original alignment, although they make no effort to do so themselves.)

I'm sure I could conjure up a SW-universe item that caused the same effect.

And in regard to your question about learning skils. I will grant you an opportunity to leanr a certain number of skills every time you level-up.

Fel - My records show that you have 837 credits left.

--
    Party - the airtaxi heads off to the CPF building.

Fel -

"Ooo, that's some pretty serious weaponry for just anybody to be carrying around." She places a hand on your shoulder and leans closer to have a better look, "Are you a soldier?"

Edit - Markup code

17. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    yoda went into the council chamber, followed by Jimb-Oh Lihm.
    Mace Windu greeted them. "Master yoda, welcome back." His eyes met Jimb-Ohs. "And master Jimb-Oh, what brings you here?"
    Jimb-Oh was getting nervous. mace was a very powerful jedi, and his calmness was irritating after yodas statement about a crisis. "I came to the temple for no special reason, but i met master yoda and he informed me of some kind of crisis. if you dont mind me asking, what is it about?"
    mace glanced at yoda, as if to say that he had done something bad. "nothing really, there is no big crisis. nothing that would interest you at least."
    yoda shook his head in disapproval. "master mace, stop lying you must! my former appenticer this is, trust him i do. help us he might!"
    Ki-Adi-Mundi agreed. "He... could help us, master mace."
    Mace gave in to the proposal, even though it was obviuos that he didnt liuke the idea himself. "ok then, i will tell you our problem, master Jimb-Oh. but you must promise not to sell anyone about it!"
    "I promise," Jimb-Oh answered without any doubt.

TAG: Syrix_Kahl(for the mission)

18. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Ok, I actually had a slightly different idea for the mission briefing, MrJango, but I didn't wnt to put words into your character's mouth...

I'll start from when Jimb-Oh entered the Jedi Council Chamber.

--
    Jimb-Oh Lihm stood in the centre of the room while Yoda made his way to his chair.

Yoda: Your progress we have been monitoring. Impressive are your skills.

Jimb-Oh: Thank you, Master Yoda.

Ki-Adi-Mundi: Indeed. You abide by the Code in all matters. You have great control over The Force, your lightsaber, and most importantly, your emotions. You provide a fine example to the young initiates. It is why we have asked you to come before us.

Mace Windu: After the appearance of the Sith Warrior and the loss of Master Qui-Gonn, we began investigating the matter a little more. We have detected concentrated force use, north of here. We want you to find out what is causing this. If the Sith are trying to establish themselves here on Coruscant, then the Jedi must know about it. Go to a warehouse in Sector 3, Area 1. Here's the exact location *Mace give Jimb-Oh a small datapad*, you'll meet another Knight there, by the name of Kol Tebar. He was the first to report the force usage. He can fill you in on what he's found out. May the Force be With You.

--

19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera glanced out the window at the large building housing the CPF. She bit her lip thoughtfully. Too bad they didn't have time to make up some fake ID's or such. Things would be so much easier that way. Well, she could just lie her way through this one. It wasn't as if anyone could run a background check on her, she'd rarely been off her homeworld before and normally used a fake name at that. She turned to the rest of the team. "Any of you interested in coming along inside with me?"

20. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:
    Red Moisture Plant

"Well actually I'm a bounty hunter so to speak," Fel told the lady. "Fel's the name. If you have anyone you want to put a bounty on, I'm all ears." He was now closer to the entrance and would be there soon.

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    "Not me." Mitth replied, folding his arms across his chest and pulling his hood closer over his face as two CPFs walked past their speeder. He was no fool unlike some of the other ruffins that were with him. He wasn't going to waltz into the station and ask for information on the gang. Not with the price that is on his head and the Empire looking for him. He was mad enough to remain on Coruscant. "You can wave a million credit chip in front of my face and I still won't go in there."

22. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    IC: ?I think the Jedi should go with you. It will lend credibility to your inquiry. Though, I am unsure if HQ is yet aware of the arrangements we?ve made with the patrol officer. Perhaps D'uril is right, and we should formulate a different excuse...?

She turned to the young jedi and continued ?...unless you have a problem with lying. In that case, I will join you. Two females might be better able to... coax some information from them."

23. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    OOC: thats ok, Syrix. your version was just as good as mine if not better.

IC: "thank you for this faith in my capability, my masters. i assure you, i will always di my best to obey the code."
    he paused a little while to look at the data pad Mace had given him.
    "i am sorry for the loss of master qui-gon. i hope obi-wan is doing ok after all this. trust me, i will do anything i can to unravel this mystery."
    Jimb-Oh bowed to the council. "I will report as soon as i can."

yoda raised his hand in a symbolic gesture. "may the force be with you."

Jimb-Oh left the room, holding the data pad in steady grip. now he had to hurry to that warehouse in sector 3, before more mysterious things happen. what was the name of that jadi again.... Kol Tebar! yes, that was it. He could probably be a good help.

jimb-Oh hid the data pad in his pocket and went down staris. perhaps the taxi speeder was still there. if only he had told him to wait.

24. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    "Yeah, the Jedi would lend a good deal of credibility. He could say he was investigating into this for the council." Kera nodded thoughtfully. "Although, as she said, if you don't feel comfortable lying...maybe you could lend me your lightsaber and a brown robe and I'll pretend to be a Jedi." Which would work provided they don't ask me any questions about the Force. Seeing as I don't know the first thing about the Jedi, that could be a slight problem.

25. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Ki-Dara weighed the options. Lying about anything was not one of them. It was clear that he had to go in and anyone who wanted to come along would be welcome. The fact that these beings felt the need to lie to obtain information spoke volumes for their strength of character. Particulaly that stubborn Dire Wolf. Best to let it go and "Be the reed....." as Master Yoda was always saying. React to the moment with a view to the future.

"I will go in and obtain the information we seek about the whereabout and status of the gang. All of you are welcome to join me but I will not lie about our purpose. We are acting in the interest of public saftey first and foremost and I have no problems doing just that."

With that, Ki-Dara-Jundi got out of he air taxi and began to make his way inside the CPF buildng. Quietly he was hoping at least one of them had a sense of comraderie(sp?) and wouldn't make him do this alone.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.