main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RoP Week 5!!! (Same thread, New Title.)

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Ok I just got off the phone with Scott. He said that someone had mentioned not wanting to shoot on Friday being that its Good Friday. I must have missed that part when I was gone.

Thats cool by me if thats what you guys want. Scott is going to dinner with his Mom that nite and will not be able to get there to open up till after 9ish. That is if we decide to shoot or not. I'm good either way.

I still want to shoot on the 16th and 23rd. I will be gone on the 30th and 7th so no shooting then but if you guys wanted to get together and rehearse thats fine by me. I'm going to Denver for Vacation. :D I'm going to take the bluescreen and camera and re-re-refilm the stuff with my Grandma. Plus I want to film my Bro, Sis, Mom and Dad as background fluff.

So what do you guys want to do?

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm personally all for shooting as much of me as you can as quickly as possible so I can be done by the end of May. Perhaps if only Scott and I can make it, then just you and I, Bret, can set up everything and I can get ready while we wait for Scott to come. Then we can film the duel between Scott and I. Just a suggestion, if only the 3 of us can make it.

3. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    The problem is we cant get in there without Scott. Or rather cant be there without him. And on top of that I just found out that I'm probably going to be working Sat Morning because some idiot supervisor at work cant say no to the maintenance planers and took in a plane with a hugh inspection. Of course HE wont be affected by it since it starts the day before his weekend and there is no WAY he'll work OT.

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Sounds like RoP could use a week off! IMO

Take care of things at work, enjoy the holiday, and get back to filming the following weekend.

5. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    A week off is fine. But if I end up going through with the whole teaching thing starting in June, I'm gonna have to totally be done with all of my stuff by the end of May.

6. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    We won't have a third camera if we don't film this week. I *might* be able to get one next week, I dunno... our projects are due the week after next.

7. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    OK after talking to Drew and Scott again we are NOT going to film tomorrow. I DO have to work on Sat. And Scott will not be able to get there till very late. So with set up and tare down we are only looking at 2 or 3 hrs of filming. We'll do it next week. Enjoy the nite off. Go see a movie or something. Hellboy was good!

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Ok, are we planning on filming this weekend? Bret, we're really cutting my time down to the wire. If you are only going to film on Fridays, we have the 16th, 23rd, and 30th in April... then the 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th in May. Seven Fridays left til I'm done. I will be willing to film on Saturday evenings too, but I gotta know in advance. I think you still need me to film the fight with Scott, some castle stuff, and all of the final duel. My time is running up... June's gonna be here before you know it. And I absolutely need to be done filming my scenes by June 1st.

I wanna know if we're filming or not because Kill Bill is coming out on Friday, my friend turns 22 on Sunday (Saturday night) and I'd like to see Kill Bill sometime this weekend, but I gotta let another friend know if we're gonna do it on Friday or Saturday (depending on if we film Friday or not). So what do you and the cast think? Comments guys?

9. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    We ARE filming this Friday. However. I wont be in town on the 30th and 7th. Vacation in Denver. But I dont need to be. Scott is doing the choreography so between him and Drew, you can film.

Here's the thing. Since time is running short for you and Scott. I need a TON of effort from you Eric. I mean a TON. We've been having a good time and playing around between takes. But we've been getting stuff done so I havnt had a problem with it cause you guys are for the most part ready to go when I say "Action!" But in order to maximize filming time, we need to cut it WAY down. I'll need 100% concentration on the task at hand. We will be concentrating on yours and Scotts/Wills parts to make sure we get the fights done.

This Friday. The fight between you and Scott and some pickups with me, Scott and Cindy and you.

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Um, I'm confused about what effort you need from me that I haven't been giving? :confused: If you are referring to staying on task, I'd say we're all somewhat guilty of that.

11. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    We all tend to get a little side tracked and go off on tangents between takes. We're just having fun. No big deal. But We need to minimize this the next few weeks to make sure we get it all done. If you are telling me that there is absolutely no way you be able to film anything from June 1 on then I need you to help me make sure we get EVERYTHING filmed before then. So I need your help in making sure we stay on target. Thats all I'm asking. Savvy? :D

Will. Any chance you'll be able to make it in the next couple of weeks? Even late?

In May I'm going to want to film 1 day at the Castle. Early morning. To avoid the crowds. You guys figure out the day and I'll take it off from work if I have to.

This week I want to film the first fight. Shouldnt be to hard.

12. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    This week I can probably make it, I work until 8pm. Next week though, I work until 11pm so I doubt I can do anything, unless you still want me to go.

13. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    OK cool. Maybe we'll film stuff with you and Eric then instead.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'll be there Friday...I don't get out of work until 9:30pm (in Parma by 9:45 at the latest) so I'll be in Solon sometime after 10-10:15ish.

We need to minimize this the next few weeks to make sure we get it all done
    As someone who's done this type of stuff for a living, there is a time and place for "having fun"...but I agree 100% with Bret, everyone needs to stay as focused as possible...cause "I don't have time to discuss this with the committee" :D

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Actually, Geoff, I'm the one who gets to talk like that. As the star, I don't need a committee. Anyone who thinks otherwise can watch me pout, go to my trailer, and not come back. We'll see how the film turns out with no Depli. ;)

16. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll be there. Bret, did you want me to get a camera? I think that my partner and I have to do a bit more filming, but we could do that on Thursday during class because it's supposed to be nice.

We need to minimize this the next few weeks to make sure we get it all done
    Plus what Krash said...

I totally agree. My partner and I filmed everything in one day for our project. It took longer than we thought to film the things that we needed, since our "talent" was goofing off (but we did manage to get some good outtakes :D). If we would have done things quickly (I tried to mave everything along, since I was shooting everything), my partner would have gotten to leave at the time that he wanted to get to his other job (but his boss wasn't there. ;))

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, the thing is, is you're not always going to get the take you want for print on the first take. So setting up a shot, then running it through several takes can take a while.

18. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Yes it does take awhile.

And for some odd reason, my partner and I always got the third shot to be the one that we wanted...

19. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Yeah Cindy if you can get one do it. The more the better.

Hey Eric :p :D

Its funny how the take thing works. I'll get a great take and sometimes I'll say "do it again" just in case. But with the saber fighting you never know. So if we have 3 cameras you should always get at least something cool. Sometimes its a bad take and you get it in the computer and you say "Sweet thats better than I tought!"

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, Cameron Diaz said something like that about the fight scenes in Charlie's Angels Full Throttle... that they had so many cameras rolling, that something was bound to look good. Plus they used a lot of shorter cuts.

21. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Yes, Cindy. Please bring your camcorder. I will not be able to bring mine this Friday, since I'm lending it to two of my classmates. We're doing a corporate video for our Software Integration group and they will need to shoot a few sequences off campus.

I, however, will be able to make it Friday.

22. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Um ok well that kills the 3 camera idea. Oh well. We'll make do. Scott says to be ready for a work out. :D

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    As the star, I don't need a committee
    Nah, you just need a reality check sometimes. There is no STAR in a fanfilm, fanfilms are just short films made by a bunch of fans (in this case Star Wars). I've worked with a formerly abused killer whale who takes better direction then you do. ;)

It took longer than we thought to film the things that we needed, since our "talent" was goofing off (but we did manage to get some good outtakes)
    Lesson #1 Cindy...as a having alot of "outtakes" other "choriographed spontanious moments" without getting all the work done is simply called WASTED TIME.

Hey Bret, can I get a copy of the script? Or at least something with the kinds of storyboard ideas you/Scott/Drew have been working on in your head. Heck, even a copy of the script...with notes in the margins would help me figure out what kind of ideas you guys are wanting. I tend to think very "sports" minded...when I'm shooting. I can get up close, pan, tilt, and twirl the camera with the best of them...problem is with the bluescreening, that's like BAD. I think MY talent with a camera will be useful when you go back to Squires Castle (pickup shooting?)...I need a date soon to schedule off work.

24. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    as a having alot of "outtakes" other "choriographed spontanious moments" without getting all the work done is simply called WASTED TIME.

Yes, I know it was wasted time, but some of the things that we did get was very funny. (like the manager explaing how he eats him M&Ms... don't ask.) The one other time on what we did shoot was what we wanted, just the 2 guys argueing. That is what we wanted, and it was natural. Plus another reason why we ran an hour after what we thought, was because we were in the E.J. Thomas ticket office, and they were working, thus meaning phone ringing right before you start to film.
    And there wen't that many outtakes as you think... just a couple of flubs, and not calling my parter "Bernie"

I'll reserve a camera when I get to that building tomorrow.

25. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Bad news Bret... there are no more cameras for tomorrow. :(

Looks like we'll have to make do with one. I could maybe get one for next Friday if I know by Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.