main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS Group showing

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    OK, so I am starting this to see who all would be interested in getting together on a weekend to see ROTS as a meeting/event.

I was thinking the weekend of the 28th/29th, as this weekend will likely have the theaters having sold out showings and it is rather short notice.

Now, while I think that the best theater in the area is the Regal Manor in Lancaster, I would be willing to go to another theater if most people want to go somewhere else.

So, sound off and let's get this planned!

2. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    Well you know I'm interested but when and where is tough to decide. Right now I'm not sure what I'm doing this weekend, right now I want to go to hanover this weekend to see it in digital at the R/C theater so we could all go there. Or we could do that next weekend.

3. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Next weekend is not very good for me, unless we can arrange for it on Sunday the 5th.

As for going to Hanover, that had come to mind the other night when I discovered that they are the only theater listed on tf.n as being digital in PA for ROTS. That may not work for all though.

Hopefully, more folks will chime in and let us know if they are interested!

4. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    Id love to go see it you can count me in whenever we decide when to go.. I cant make it the weekend of june 4-5 im going to a collectors society summer social saturday and then possible wizard world east on sunday

5. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Great now we just have to find a theater thats good for everyone to attend. And june 4 or 5 is good for me anyway.

6. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    NAH i think i changed my mind i dont really want to go to philly sunday so the 5th is good for me

7. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    So, are we thinking that the 5th is the best for the 3 of us?

The time would have to be mid-afternoon or so for it to be good for me.

Are we planning a meeting for before or after the showing? If so, we need to find someplace close to the theater that is appropriate, ie decent restaurant, diner, coffee shop, etc.

Didn't we have someone who was going to be seeing ROTS at Hanover at the midhingt premiere?

8. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    Sunday anytime is great for me. What theater would we be going to?

The Regal Cinema in Harrisburg is great, been there twice so far... That might be too far for you and Scott though.

I wish we could get a bigger group going.

9. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, I think we were thinking the R/C Theater in Hanover which is a digital theater.

I will post something on the Yahoo! group in case someone doesn't come by here to see that we are putting this together.

10. Thedarkone2003

Thedarkone2003 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    New guys allowed to come also?

11. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Of course.

12. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Of course, no one is excluded!

Actually, it takes attending a meeting to become a full fledged member.

Is Hanover alright with you for a location for seeing ROTS?

13. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    Its great with me.

14. Thedarkone2003

May 23, 2005
    I grew up in Hanover=D
    Im cool with anything just let me know the date and time, be nice to meet some new faces!!!

15. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, we are looking at the 5th of June, and seeing a show starting no earlier than about 2 PM.

Since you grew up in Hanover, can you recommend any places near the theater that would be good for our group to meet at after the showing?

16. Thedarkone2003

May 23, 2005
    Hrm let me look into it, i mean there is typical places, Damons, etc right near there, its a whole shopping strip down that line, might be acoffee house near there. Im not sure ill take a look this weekend, i lived there till 16 but i go up there every week for events on weekends, what time we looking to go that day?

17. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, I just fandango'd (is that a word?) the Hanover theater for this Sunday, and if the times are the same for the 5th the only digital times that can really work for me would be the 130 or 330. I know that I said that I couldn't do a show before 2PM, but I could do the 130 and then we could meet after.

18. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    So what time are we going to agree on going to the showing?

19. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Unfortunately Fandango still hasn't updated with the times for this Sunday. But, figuring that the times are going to be the same as this past weekend, I would have to say that I would like to meet for the 330 showing as I don't think I can guarantee that I would be there for the 130 showing.

What is the vote on having the meeting prior to the movie or after?

While it would mean not being done until later, my vote is for after the movie as that will lead us to have a more immediate response to what we liked/disliked. As well as discussing FF business.

So, at last count we were looking at 4 BSEs. Is this correct?

20. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    3:00 will be good with me as will meeting after the movie. And it looks like it will be 4 of us, along with my brother cause he needs to see it again.

21. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    That time would be fine. My dad will be accompaning me as he really wants to see it in digital.
    I thikn we should have the meeting after words... Because that should be about dinner time.

22. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, Fandango finally updated, and it is confirmed that they have a 330 DLP showing. It is good that we had decided to go with that time as there is no longer a 130 DLP showing.

As we hadn't heard back from Thedarkone2003 on restaurants and such nearby, I did a little looking, and there is a Damon's Restaurant nearly right next to the theater. If you've never eaten at a Damon's, it is an American style restaurant that has burgers, ribs, salads, steaks, sandwiches, etc. It is an affordable place to eat and should have no problem providing space for us. Figuring that Scott and Andrew will have at least one parent along, Xanthe's dad will be there, we will need room for 7 or 8 people.

23. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Is everyone still going to show up tomorrow?

Please let us know if there are any changes in your ability/plans to come to the movie and meeting asap.

24. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    3:30 showing is fine, I'll be there a little sooner.

25. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    3:30 is great. What time do you think we should arrive and where will we meet in the theater?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.