main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPG Running an Imperial game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Charlemagne19, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    A general thread.

How would you run a game of Star Wars where the protagonists were Imperials?

How would you play the Empire?

How about the soldiers working for it?

Would you recommend it?

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I had a pretty good Imperial game back in the day. Players worked as an Intelligence unit, and were tracking down a parallel Rebel group I was also running. Managed to capture them as they fled Hoth after about a year of game play.

I'm actually about to run a sequel campaign. The leader of the group had gone on long term assignment before Endor, and is returning after the fall of Coruscant. Everyone else will be new characters with different leanings amongst the fracturing Empire. It'll be fun to see how it goes.

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    There was a book with character templates in WEG--can't remember the name of it right now. Broke the templates down into Imperial characters, New Republic Characters, and Fringe characters (this was years before WotC did the same thing). The Imperial templates also had a section on running an imperial campaign. Kind of funny--the templates listed were similar to the original templates from the core book, only refluffed from rebels to imps.

4. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I ran a Rebellion-era campaign with the PC's as Rebels (my favorite campaign yet) as well as a Darkside campaign (that took place 1000 years before the movies). For an Imperial campaign, I'd combine the two. Have the PC's play stormtroopers or elite versions, give them objectives (Search for a hidden base, attack a base, hunt someone down, retrieve stolen data, etc.), and set them loose. For many of my adventures, I first had the PC's acquire a map of their objective, then set them loose on it (which was usually a mini-sandbox), allowing them freedom to carry out their missions. Maybe the first few missions would be linear until they got used to it, but after a while, let them hunt down Jedi or rebels in hiding or strike a rebel cell.

Throw in military ideas and it could be a lot of fun.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    What system are you using Charlemagne? WOTC? WEG?