main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Line Trooper Accessory sets

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by ThePostman, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
  2. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I really like this idea, I only wish Hasbro had thought of these before I bought Commtech Vader just for the interrogation droid... :p

Any idea when these will be out and how much they'll cost Postman?

3. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Well Rebelscum reports that they should be out later this year and it is important to note that they are a Target exclusive.

4. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Lucky for me my area just got a Target last year, because I'm defiantly gonna get these. :D

I wonder if all of the Endor sets will have the dirty biker, or if it will be mixed? I hope it'll be a mix between clean and dirty because I never did get a clean one.

5. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    I read also that all the figures are repackaged older figures. The one that I would be really interested in is the Death Star set because I never did get the Death Star Trooper.

6. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    as for cost I would wager around $10 I wouldnt think they would be much more, they will probably be around the deluxe prices.

7. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    aaarrrggg!!! i just bot 2 TPM accesory sets from a specialty shot for the robes and lightsabers!!!

the lightsaber with a blade was ok - but the cloaks did not fit who i wanted them for.

at least i onlt paid $5.00 a piece.

i will probably buy at least 1 arena kit - but not the others.

8. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Look good and the figures to look to be at least slightly different. The biker scout is dirtier for example.

9. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    yes, I think they are the same molds though

10. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    I think these are pretty cool. I will bet that they will be $9.99 like a delxue figure set. I hope not more. It might go to 12.99 like the POTJ deluxe, but lets hope it stays at a lower price point (like the Saga Deluxe)

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm there dude!!!!

You get a Death Star Trooper, a Biker Scout, and a Battle Droid with lots of extra stuff!!

Cool.....

I'd rather they used the POTJ Stormtrooper guns though....

12. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    I'de like one with a Stormtrooper!

13. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    How about an Imperial trooper set with little pegs to switch the armor around. You could make him in his basic black suit, then have a stormtrooper set and a scout trooper set....

That'll be cool....

14. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    That would be, I have a question for all you...What is that Troop Building kit thing that I have heard about from Hasbro?

15. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Check it out at the fan club site. Basically its a set of four stormtoopers(commtech mold) and four weapons. There are some asian sets that are all in pieces though. I have seen them for sale various places on the web. They were basically the body parts for the commtech stormtrooper. Not assembled and in plastic bags.

16. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I like the arena duel and Hoth ones the best. I will get the arena battle for the lightsabers and another battle droid. I may get the Hoth one for the soldier and cannon. I won't get the Endor one. It should've came with an Endor trooper. I won't get the imperial one either. I bought that damn Vader just for the Interrogation Droid as well.

17. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    That battle droid looks to be of the reddish variety seen in AOTC, and not released before, even though it is an old mold.

And I'm not sure, but the Hoth soldier looks different too. He looks like the guy that game with the radar gun deluxe back, but with the Hoth Captain's head.

So they're old molds, but slightly tweaked. :D

18. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    what are the chances that they might begin to give weapons something other than plain gray or black colors a la the new lightsabers?

and has anyone ever heard of a lightsaber accesory kit(?) with a bunch of spare lightsabers in it?

19. Imrahil2001

Imrahil2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    The Hoth trooper's body is just Luke Hoth's, actually. It's a tad jarring, as the paint doesn't even seem to match.

The best of the lot seems to be either the DS Trooper, who -appears- to have better legs than his wild "stretching my achiles tendon" predecessor (they look like Tarkin's legs instead), or maybe the reddish battle droid, which is really a cooler color than the bone-white TPM versions.

(Hm. I wonder if he's reddish because of the different mineral content of Geonosis?)

The biker scout is okay, but the pose is so specific that he's going to just look like the other biker scouts.

Ims

20. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    They look a little to fat to be Tarkins legs...(death star trooper)

I suppose they seem pretty cool, I think they could have done a better job though, but hey we all know that Quality isnt Hasbros main goal... :D

Seriously I love the Hasbro products, its just a few black sheep in the family that ruin the family reunion for everyone.

21. Knightstalker-

Knightstalker- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    I like the battle Droid accessory set. Anyone here who's played Galactic Battlegrounds will recognise that big red jet pack looking thing as an anti-aircraft launcher that the battle droid wears on his back.

22. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    My only complaint is why couldn't they have included a clean version of the Scout Trooper...those were so hard to come by the first time around I don't know why they would want to put the "red-headed stepchild" dirty one out again... Beyond that.. I'll have all four please.

23. Jango_Da_Fett

Jango_Da_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2002
    i want the Endor set. 5 helmets, now that will be awsome. Do the helmets come off of the bridge thing.

24. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Probably not, but I guess we have to wait and see.

25. SaberSlinger

SaberSlinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I am extremely excited that they are making these, but I just have 1 qualm - the handcuffs in the arena set are gonna be pretty worthless with the AOTC figures :(

o]||||{ -------SaberSlinger-------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.