main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx San Diego International Comic Con 2007 -- July 26th-29th, 2007

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Lady_Jedi_Carenix, May 29, 2007.

1. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Definitely know I haven't posted a thread here about Comic Con 2007. :D Tis fun to spread the word, though. :)

Who: Comic book/pop culture fans

What: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/
    One of the largest conventions in the United States celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, 100th Birthday of Milton Caniff, 100th Birthday of Hergé, 100th Birthday of Robert A. Heinlein, 10th Anniversary of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer on TV, 25th Anniversary of Groo, 25th Anniversary of Love and Rockets, 25th Anniversary of
    The Rocketeer, & 25th Anniversary of Grendel.

Where: San Diego, CA

When: Thursday, July 26th ? Sunday, July 29th, 2007 (a preview night is held Wednesday, July 25th)

How much: 4-day badge is $55 until June 7th, then $65 until June 21st (thereafter is online or at the door registration for $65, but trust me?register online, because you don?t want to wait in the two mile line to register onsite)

Hotel prices vary, though sharing a room with me is $130 for three nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday).

Hey all! I realize the timing isn?t the greatest, considering a number of us have just gotten home from Celebration IV, but the San Diego Comic Con is coming up in July and it is an awesome con to attend.

I have a room at the Holiday Inn San Diego ZOO area, and am in need (kind of sort pretty desperate need) of roommates. For a three night stay, hotel cost is $130. I am willing to cut that cost in half if you are willing to sleep on the floor (presuming that I get at least one other roommate). In theory, the hotel is close enough to the tram that we can either walk or ride over to take the tram and not have to deal with Comic Con parking.

The new ?Harry Potter? book comes out the week before (July 21st) , so I?m sure there will be plenty of HP related panels as well if that?s any incentive. ;) 

If you are interested, please let me know ASAP as July 1st is the deadline for hotel deposit, and June 21st is the last day one can request a refund for registration.

As of Tuesday, May 29, 2007, the special guest list (but there are many, many more yet to come):

2007 Special Guest List
    Sergio Aragonés
    Kyle Baker
    Alison Bechdel
    Allen Bellman
    Ray Bradbury
    Dan Brereton
    Daryl Cagle
    Cecil Castellucci
    Darwyn Cooke
    Guy Delisle
    Paul Dini
    Roman Dirge
    Cory Doctorow
    Ann Eisner
    Warren Ellis
    Mark Evanier
    Renée French
    Gary Friedrich
    Christos N. Gage
    Neil Gaiman
    Rick Geary
    George Gladir
    Laurell K. Hamilton
    Gilbert Hernandez
    Jaime Hernandez
    Adam Hughes
    Joe Jusko
    Miriam Katin
    Mel Keefer
    Scott Kurtz
    Joseph Michael Linsner
    Joe Matt
    David Morrell
    Karen Palinko
    Lily Renee Phillips
    Mike Ploog
    Paul Pope
    George A. Romero
    Rowena
    J. Michael Straczynski
    Ben Templesmith
    Roy Thomas
    Morrie Turner
    Mark Verheiden
    Matt Wagner
    J. H. Williams III
    Kent Williams
    F. Paul Wilson
    Brian Wood

Thank you,
    ~LJC

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    They just announced that Hasbro is going to have a figure of R2-KT for SDCC. :D

3. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Ooo, shiny. :D