main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Saturday...In the Park...I think it was MAY 17th

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Saturday May 17th. We will meet for a mini cookout, location yet to be set, and then venture on out to see the Matrix.

We're talking late afternoon...3:30 - 4 then a early evening showing.

SO we're open to park locations. Since we'll be going to the Oakveiw 24 for the flick I suggest we go to Walnut Grove park on Q St.

2. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
  3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Sounds cool to me.

Is it too early to propose a Force of July picnic/cookout thingie? If we get a specific date set by the movie outing, maybe we can actually get it off the ground this year. that give us just shy of 2 months to get it together. The first Sunday in July is the 6th. Is that too close to the actual holiday for everyone? We can start looking at locations and discussing food & drink.

Whaddya think, Sirs?

4. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Good idea Craig!

Also, if you plan on being there the 17th, start posting so we know who is going to be there and what they are bringing.

5. azayzel

azayzel Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    Here's an idea for the July outing that was mentioned (maybe this should be another thread?) Anywho, if this is going to be a picnic type of get together, how about Lake Manawa? I have a couple of jetskis (and a few ground rules), plus there are pavilions, bike trails, and the sand beach if you want to go that route, plus there's the playground for all the people to little to get in the water. LOL, just kidding! I think this would be a good time.
    Lemme know!
    Dan

6. Rhi-Lan

Rhi-Lan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
    Regarding the 17th, I'm in. Got no idea what to bring though. Maybe some weenies. Oooo, wait.. I've got a a$$load of frisbees. All cookouts need frisbees, It's Jedi law.

7. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    Dunno, I doubt they'd taste good.

8. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Okay, I'm in. Have we decided where, yet? I'm bringing special brownies. No, not those special brownies. Craig may remember them from a long time ago. I don't know if my parents ever gave yours the recipe, but we'll see. Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

9. Jedi_Drummer

Jedi_Drummer Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2003
    There's a chance I might not be able to make it. I'll be out at Husker paintball that afternoon, and I don't know if I'll be able to make it back in time. I'll let you guys know if things change.

10. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Yes...where are we going to meet? Or do I just make the command decision?

11. Rhi-Lan

Rhi-Lan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
    Command away o great one. (After all I just moved here. Do you people even have a park?)

12. azayzel

azayzel Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    The date is fast approaching, what's it going to be? News has it that it's supposed to be mid-70's over the weekend with chance of showers, let's hope for no Tornadoes like today!

13. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    We may want to pick a time we want to see the movie, as I think it'll sell out fast. 6-ish? If it does sell out, Q-9 always has tickets to the big shows.

14. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Well I saw if we do a park, and we do the Oakview 24, then we should go to Walnut Grove park, which is like 150th and Q'ish.

Or if we dont want to risk the weather, which has been rather unpredicatble of late, we can just meet at a resturant for dinner too...someplace like Buffalo Wild Wings, etc.

15. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Oh, now you've gone and done it. Thrown in the old restaurant fall back. Now, it's all going to go to hell in a handbasket. I've got to tell you all I'm pretty hyped to make brownies, but if you don't want to do the park thing fine. More for me. I, personally, think we should do the park thing. If it rains we can fall back on the restaurant, or something. My suggestion would be to buy tickets before going to the park which would require us to set a time, and we'll be ensured seats. I'm open to any park. I think OakView would be the ideal theatre. Q Cinema has too much cross-talk between theatres. Take that all you short post readers. =P

16. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ok...here goes the command decision. I saw we go to the 6:15 Oakview showing. We meet for our cook-out at Walnut Grove Park at say 4'ish...that gives us time to gather, eat, relax a tad and get to the movie and get seats.

We will only do the resturaunt as a rain out plan. SOOOOOOO.........we know John is bringing his short-bus brownies....that leaves, ummmm, just about everything else. Anyone?

17. azayzel

azayzel Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    Nya, nya! I already saw the Matrix last night at 10pm, pretty sweet flick though so I'm at least going to see it another time in the theaters. Hopefully we'll have the wrinkles ironed out by tomorrow evening (i.e. Friday), though on a lighter side... Saturday is supposed to be a darned nice afternoon, Sunday too!
    Dan

18. sith_itch

sith_itch Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Hey,
    I saw the Matrix yesterday afternoon. Looking forward to catching all the stuff I missed the first time (loud crowd, loud niece). In the interest of getting to Oakview in time to stand in line, I suggest we morph from cookout to picnic. Ya know, sandwiches & stuff that doesn't have to be cooked there. I volunteer to bring some sandwiches. If anyone is opposed or allergic to roast beef/cheddar or turkey/swiss, post now or bring something else. Roger, I'll try to find bread big enough for the frisbees.
    See ya there.

19. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    That sounds like a very good idea. Chicken, sandwiches, etc.....tasty. So I'll jump into the fray here and volunteer to bring the beverages, rated PG of course. I'll even see to some ice, hehe, what a guy I am!

20. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    I was really hoping to attend and see M2 with you guys, but unavoidable family junk has forced me to cancel. Hope you guys have fun. I won't. I was really looking forward to a game of Discs of Tron with Roger. :(

21. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    So who all IS going today? Enough to bother? Right now all I know of is Darly, John, Roger, Dan and myself. Any others?

I have my ticket for 6:15 showing ordered...so who will I at least be seeing the movie with?

22. azayzel

azayzel Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    Hey everyone, sorry I missed you all Saturday. It was a pretty busy day for me, not without its own surprises/misgivings, anyway, I'm sure everyone who showed had a good time. I'll see you all at the next big event (unless I'm working)!
    Dan

23. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    Wish we could have made it...had an unexpected and unavoidable family thing to go to in Beatrice.

Saw Matrix on Sunday though, and it was good (and loud). So, is anyone else confused? I think I need to rent the first one as a refresher, then see this one again...

24. azayzel

azayzel Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    LOL, I think I watched the first one two or three times this past weekend (don't ask), I then just went a saw Reloaded again last night to fill in some blanks. I think I still need to see it at least one more time when I'm not so tired. It could make for some good discussion.
    Dan
    BTW How many of you stayed through the 15+ minutes of credits to see the preview for the next one?

25. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    There was a preview for the next one after the credits? @#%$&! Nobody told me!

I couldn't have waited anyway - had a coke during the movie, with predictable results 2 hours later...

Oh well, I was planning on seeing it again anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.