main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA SAVE THE IESWS!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Storm_Granger, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I know the feeling. I'm from Lake Elsinore, but I'm at UCSD now. :(

2. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    *Reclines*

I mean, I'm sure there is people who like Star Wars in the Inland Empire....

There has to be some.... I mean, after all.... We're the Inland Empire.

I think we need a fancy website like the LA folks...

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Some of the people who live in the IE just go to the nearest big Fan Force. I know Bridget lives in Chino, and she's a partial member of San Diego, LA, Sacramento, and San Fran. :p

[face_thinking] Hmmm... maybe with Bridge and Andrea's help, we can slowly get this place rolling again...

Hey Andrea, you still heading off to the Air Force?

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_laugh] Well, I promised a banner...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/legomania2/Junk/FFDead.jpg]

And I would like to point out that in the background, those are infact the San Bernadino mountains. :p

5. Tink_Lady

Tink_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    ok ok...I know I suck...I do, but I do check the boards regularly, I just usually dont have much time to respond, but here I am!! I'm still alive and around!! I promise!
    Melissa

6. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Actually, I am living up in Marin right now (a stone's throw from Skywalker Ranch actually). But my family is in Chino, so I go down there every now and then. I seem to be the roaming FF member. I've been to a meeting in LA, I'm a partial member of San Diego and San Fran, and former CR for Sac.

You guys should all feel free to drop in on the Orange County or San Diego or LA groups. They would be glad to have you and maybe once the movie opens you will find more people in the IE. When you go to the movie, make sure to drop the name of the IESWS to anyone who sounds vaguely interested in meeting other fans. Wear a shirt, carry an Insider (that's how I accidentally recruited a couple members at a Sacramento meeting), anything!

We all know how big the IE is, so there HAVE to be just as many fans out there.

7. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! there are people here!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a full second page!!!!! i am sooo happy right now i think i might cry!!

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sheesh, people, I know my photoshop skills suck, but I didn't think it was that bad... ;)

*waves to Bridge*

9. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    *Pops in*

Hey oh who whatty?

Marin? This is the Inland Empire FF! Marian isn't in the IE!

10. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    I love that banner!! i think it should be our new banner it is so perfcet!

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *waves to Rachel* Hey you! Long time, no see! The banner looks good...nice and desolate. ;)

Yes, I am very very well aware that Marin is not in the IE. There is a world outside of the IE, no matter how hard everyone else tries to convince you otherwise.

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :eek: THERE IS????

;)

LOL, as I'm sitting here in San Diego.. :p

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Yes! I have seen the outside world and lived to tell the tale!!!

Did you know that trees don't grow out of concrete normally? And the sky, yeah it's really a bright blue! Quite pretty actually, someone should write a poem or song about it. And stars! At night there are these shiny things that are sprinkled all over that inky blackness! :D

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sad part is, I saw more stars back home than I do now. :( Since all the buildings have some kind of lighting on, I haven't seen the moon or stars since I've been home.

But hey, I have a little thing called the ocean right there. Fair trade. ;)

Okay, so, club business. Currently posting, we have 1 full member, 1 new member, 1 full member who pops in occasionally, and 2 partial members. What a ragtag group we are. ;)

So Andrea, is the Air Force thing still on? Cuz if not, I'm unofficially naming you the president of the IEFF. :p

15. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    no i decided not to go.....there some problems and i said screw it maybe later but as of now its a no

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :)

Well, this place is slowly coming back... I'd nominate you to be president and I'd vote, but there's that stupid rule about the majority and such... :rolleyes:

17. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    lol well maybe we can have a real vote once this place is alive again and it is soooo good to see people here and to watch this slowy come back it makes me soo happy!

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You're going to comic con, right??

19. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    I live in Corona just inside Riverside County so that counts as IE. Anyone else have tickets for the 12:01 AM showing at Irvine Spectrum?

chow
    thebadge

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    the badge, I'm currently down in San Diego, so I'm going with the San Diego group to the midnight showing in Mira Mesa. :) Sorry, dude. :)

21. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    I think i am going to Con at least i am planning on it, and i dont even have my tickets yet

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    PLEASE go! I haven't seen you in almost 2 years! :(

I saw the rest of the IE group last year, but you weren't there. :(

23. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    i wasent allowed to go last year but i am really planning on being there, have i given you my new cell number yet? and i have a new house number so i will pm them to you. it would be GREAT to see you or just hang out on a day that you had off or a weekend that you werent working i go down to San Deigo enough now that i should just come see you!!!!

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  25. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    I am new here and was hopeful to find a more active group. We are here in Hemet and would love meet more fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.