main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL 'Scapers, take heart

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthJurist, Nov 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Just received this from a friend.
    --------------------
    `Farscape' fans use Internet to resurrect canceled show
    --------------------

By Maureen Ryan
    Tribune staff reporter

November 19, 2003

A massive Web-based fan campaign apparently has succeeded in bringing back the
    canceled TV series "Farscape."

The cult science-fiction show, which premiered in 1999 and had a four-season run
    on the SciFi Channel, will return next year as a 4-hour miniseries, according to
    a knowledgeable "Farscape" source and several Internet reports.

A spokesperson for the Jim Henson Company, which created the show, would not
    comment on the record about the future of "Farscape," and a SciFi spokeswoman

said the network had no comment regarding the show.

Most of the cast, including stars Ben Browder and Claudia Black, reportedly is
    being reassembled in Australia in December for the filming of the mini-series.
    It is not yet known whether it will air on SciFi or another network.

When the show was canceled in September 2002, fans staged rallies in cities all
    over the U.S., wrote thousands of letters and used the Internet to wage a
    massive campaign to bring it back. As chronicled in an August Chicago Tribune
    story (chicagotribune.com/farscape), months after the last episode aired in
    March, hardcore "Scapers" continued to work for the show's return and even held
    "Farscape" conventions.

"I've never seen an online community like this," said Nina Lumpp, who co-founded
    the Web site SaveFarscape.com early in the campaign to bring back the show. "I'm
    very excited. There was a lot of work done by the fans, and to see something
    actually happen is tremendous."

"As a TV viewer, there's usually very little I can do" to show appreciation for
    a favorite TV show, said Astrid Reinhardt, a "Farscape" fan from Los Angeles.
    "This campaign gave me the opportunity to tell the world about `Farscape' and to
    try to effect a change."

[Criton]How Batman is THAT!![/Criton]

:D :D :D

~H~

2. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    As a Former Star Wars Pimp, Sometime Farscape Freak and Now Matrix Whore. I am Happy and will throw a party when the show airs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.