main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sci Fi Journal/Rhode Squadron Combined Events

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hello one and all

i don't check my fan force email nearly as regularly as i should (dex, you are just now getting a reply to that HP/SW crossover thing :p) but i received this maybe two weeks ago, from the newly-elected chair of the SciFi Journal (whose show can be seen on public access):

We met at the IMAX when they were hyping Star Wars in their theater. I'm one of the host of SciFi Journal, and just got elected to be the Chair of the RI Science Fiction Club. You had mentioned wanting to do a combined meeting of our two clubs.

Are you still interested? I think it's a great idea. I asked RISFC club members if they were interested and got a good response.

We generally meet on the second Saturday of the month, and for the next few months we will be having a bbq/pool party at a members house. If you like (though I don't know how big your club is) you can all attend one of these meetings with us -- or we can do another meeting on neutral ground, so to speak. <g>

Let me know. Timing can be flexible.

carrie's note: so let's hear some thoughts from everyone!

2. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Sounds groovy. Wonder if their cookout can hold 2 more people *runs*

Seriously though...whats this sci fi he talks of. Is it a type of building material used in subs?

I think its a neat idea. Cook outs are cool. But be warned...their may be trekies there!! *dun dun duuuuuuun*

3. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Sounds like fun to me but I'll be in Maine for 2 weeks (Aug 7-21) so I might miss it.

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Do it in September and Roseanna be happy! :D

Just kidding (sort of...); don't plan a meet around me, but I'd love to do this sort of thing anytime. :)

5. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    well september would work just as well for me, if josh and roseanna will be around. the only thing i really have going on is my sister's birthday on the 23rd and she wants a big shindig.

6. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    Hey that does sound very cool. I was interested in the meets anyway.

7. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    September sounds good to me also, the only problem would be Labor Day...but I'm sure nothing would be planned for that anyhow. I'm very flexible for weekends in general, so doesn't matter much there. :)

8. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    i have received another communication

How about Sat. Sept. 13th? Pool party and bbq still.

how does september 13th work for everyone? works for me.

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Sounds good to me. Boston meets are the 3rd Saturday of every month, so there shouldn't be any conflicts. :)

10. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Zang!

*translation:Excellent*

11. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    That date sounds good to me. :)

12. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I will be back in the state on August 30 soooo yaaay I want to be involved!

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ¡excellente!

i have rsvp'd for september 13 :)

14. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Cool now we must use mind control to make them join us. Or just spike the punch! :)

15. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    Sept 13th sounds pretty cool. Now, I just have to make sure I don't lose my cool. I am pretty shy at first and I don't want to chicken out!

16. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Paaaaaarty! Wheee!

17. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    hi guys,

i got an email with a time - 1:00 pm - and directions to the place...looks like it's right down the road from my house. do we want to just meet at my place and go from there? or do you just want me to PM the directions to everyone and do it that way? or whatever...whoever wants to do it which ever way they like. just let me know :)

oh yeah, and they said to bring a swimsuit if you like, and to bring beverage and whatever food you'd like to grill or something to share with the group.

18. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    I hope I can come. I had so much fun last night and I am sure hanging out with the Sci Fi clan would be cool too. However, I just got into a car accident. (Someone wasn't paying attention and hit me in the rear.) So now I have to get my car repaired and rest up cause I am sore. What lousy timing!

19. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    man you're like the third person i know this summer to get in an accident, kerri. i hope you're feeling better :( if you can make it, we'd love to see you again ... if not, we'll understand.

we won't guilt trip you too much

:p ;)

20. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Oooh looks like I can come! My first meet! Yaaay! I will meet wherever so long as the directions are really good and really easy - I'm awful with directions!! I might not show up 'cause I'm dreadfully lost!! :p

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I will be there, unless school drives me insane first. :)

22. Essence

Jul 16, 2003
    MonaLeia, if you get more lost that I did last month at my first meet, then you win the prize :D

Oh, and thanks Carrie. I am feeling better (not a major accident) though my car may be in for repairs while the combined meet takes place. Couldn't get it in sooner since I needed it for training in Warwick tomorrow. Hopefully I will know more soon since I would like to go. Terrible timing!

23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    i think what i will do for this one is have people just meet at my house then we can go from there....just cause i've never been to the other place before. so if you need directions to my house be sure to PM me :)

24. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    oh yeah, one more thing! [/uncle from jackie chan adventures]

since it starts at 1, let's say we should meet at my place between 12 - 12:30, to give everyone a chance to arrive then we can all carpool/caravan over. yay :)

25. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    man i'm talking to myself here :p

this is a last call to get directions to my house, please PM me if you're planning on attending. i only heard from a couple of people.

coolio!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.