main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scrapbook for Star Wars Celebrations

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by JediJustin, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Hey guys,

Thought I might see if any of you could assist me with this issue. I am currently in the process of assembling a scrapbook containing magazine articles and clippings that cover all of the Star Wars Celebrations. I am carefully cutting out pages from various magazines that have SW Celebration coverage and inserting each page into an archival-safe 3-ring polyethelene sheet protector that I purchased from a company called Archival Methods. Then I am taking each sheet and storing them in a heavy duty 3-ring binder to create a large scrapbook that you can flip thru.

These magazine pages, coupled with our C3 and C4 experiences & loads of pictures that we took, would allow my wife and I to stroll down memory lane whenever we wish to experience the excitememt of all the SW Celebrations over and over again.

I have already assembled a pretty sizeable collection of articles and reports from the following magazines:

Star Wars Insider
    Tomart Action Figure News
    Lee's Action Figure News & Toy Review

I just wanted to reach out to you guys and see if anybody can recommend any other magazines that they know of that do contain coverage on the five SW Celebrations (including CE). If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Justin

2. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    There was a mention in the conventions section of Starlog #356, I remember reading it in my copy while on the plane to C4. There was also the photos in the LA Times the weekend of the convention. Not very big and I only saw it in the one day (5-26). There were many more online at the Times website. I found my newspaper cutouts for C2 and C3 from the local papers so I know there were some.

I did a shadowbox to display all of the freebie items, neat stuff, and handouts I picked up. Every time I pass it hanging up I think back to the fun I had.

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Just wanted to share some of my pics with you guys from my SW Celebration scrapbook. I finally finished carefully removing each article from its respective magazine and inserting each page into an archival-safe sheet protector.

The collection includes articles & some goodies from all 5 Celebrations and currently almost fills up two 2" thick storage binders.

Here is the link: http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/jlasalata/SW%20Celebration%20Articles/

Thanks.

- Justin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.