main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Scratchers

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by firstsonofsolo, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Just curious on how many people have actually gotten? How many entries do you have and how much money have you won?

I have purchased 31 tickets=$93
    I have 15 entries
    I have won approximately $29

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    So it's a 1/3 ratio to winning something? Maybe not the BIG money but something back at least.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Jake and I bought I don't know how many.. but our winnings total less than $10 I am pretty sure.. when he is awake he will give exacts.. I am not really sure.. but overall.. it's a bust.. but the pictures are pretty!! too bad you have to scratch them to see if they are worth anything.

4. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Whenever my parents get scratchers, they seem to only win a dollar here and there...it's fun though. But on Wednesday I'll be legal to gamble (again)! :p

5. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Its your 21st birthday? Oh sweet you have to let us take you out for your power hours!!!!!!!

6. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    If is is your Birthday, Happy birthday [face_dancing]

Ummm.... what's "power hours"?

7. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    12am-2am...............gosh!!! Lets see how much the little Jedi can handle hehehehe

8. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    lol o_O I do have to go to school the next day... Actaully, one of my friends is probably "taking me out" after church, which should be fun(ny).

9. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Church on a tuesday night? No I mean wednseday morning from 12am-2am........ You see technically by law you turn 21 a 12:01 am or midnight tuesday night!

10. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    *sigh* Everyone is so determined to get me soused.

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Soused? New one on me. Never heard that before.

You have 70 or so years ahead of you to get "soused". Just because the federal government says it will be legal to drink at 21 does not mean you have to drink or do it to excess. You are an adult and can make you own choices.

12. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Life is much more enjoyable when, the morning after, you are able to remember everything you did the night before.

13. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Well add 12 more scratchers $16 in winners and 8 more in entries.......Had to buy the last of Mobils roll.....Still 5 $10,000 tickets out there!

I pesonally think everyone should get completely trashed once when they are young, then they realize how crappy it feels the next day and learn very quickly.......But we do not have to get you trashed! There are plenty of enjoyable drinks and just sip them over an hour period...

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    That's what I did. I drank 14 oz of Jack Daniels in less than half an hour. Having not ever drank before, so not knowing the effects.
    Needless to say I got quite drunk and quite sick, upon "loosing the Jack" out the window (don't ask). I swore to God if I LIVE through that night I would never do that ever again.

I have kept that promise ever since. I drink very rarely and not much at all when I do. I?ve not gotten even ?buzzed? since, in over 20 years.

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You lost Jack? How can you lose a big hairy Wookiee? :eek:

16. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    I didn't buy any scratchers yesterday, but I did go down to the corner bar for my drink (where they didn't even try to card me). First I ordered a sex on the beach. They didn't have one of the ingredients. Then I ordered a pina colada. They couldn't make that either. So, I ended up getting a cosmopolitan. Silly me thought it would be cranberry juice with a little vodka and triple sec, but nonono, it was vodka and triple sec with a little cranberry juice. [face_hypnotized] It was just a little strong.

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    is today or yesterday your birthday. We did not wish you a happy birthday either!!! JEesh.. I am so falling down on the job!!

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    What kind of bar could not make 2 mixed drinks and then could not make the one they had the ingredients for properly?

I've been in maybe 3 bars my whole life (only had a drink in 2) and I've never had that problem. Not that I have a plethora of experience or anything, just seems odd.

Was the experience everything you thought it should be? I bought a Rolling Rock on my 21st birthday and it just lost the ?thrill? once it was legal.

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    every time I get a martini, which admittedly is not that often... I have a side of lemon juice or cranberry juice brought with it.. I have never tasted a martini that was not too strong.. I can make one last for three or more hours with no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.