main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    YES! :D

GGrievous has started a new trend for getting Dave's attention. :p

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    YJ was one of my favorites, but I haven't watched them all at once like you have. I think there's plenty of stuff in there that people will either love or hate. I thought Onderon was okay at first, but I'm catching more and more glaring plot holes now. I wasn't a fan of "Revival", believe it or not.

Wind down as in coming to an end? I hope not. :(

I'm betting the 2nd episode. R2 crushing him would be funny, especially if he ends up being a traitor or something. :D

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I think that it all boils down to what makes a season better for each and every one of us.

I can see why you liked a lot more S4's first half than this seasons - season four having Rex as a cameo in the premiere, Kit Fisto, Quarren, a new clone named Monnk, it had Tarpals, it showed episodes with Wolf Pack as the only clones on screen and, of course, I think it has UMBARA or 501st clones GALORE! I may not like the arc but if I put myself in the shoes of people who love the 501st legion I do get the love the arc gets.

A lot of things that I am sure would appeal very much to a fan like you dear Seerow.

The thing with me, Season four and Season five is that so far S5 has had less "No No"s than Season Four had for me.

You know about the Tikkes thing, Grievous getting humiliated in the worst possible way I could imagine, Nomad Droids and Umbara's lack of appeal to me.

I love some things in S4 like the Quarren, QUARRRRREEENNNNN, the Aleena, Krell but there were too many overwhelming negatives for me to love the first half of S4 more than the first half so far of S5.

Season Five there have been more things that I have enjoyed a lot - Hondo vs Maul, Onderon, Droid Gunships, the battle of Onderon, King Rash, A lot of Hondo being bad and DRUNK, Illum, Yoda not on Coruscant and his chair, the Circus nod to "A Bug's Life", Doctor Who as a droid, Grievous winning for an entire season, Slave I, Battle of Florrum, Hondo vs Battle Droids.

Again, it is all a personal preference. ;)

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Umbara Arc was awesome and i probably already said that [face_laugh]

InterestingLurker and Apophis_ like this.
  5. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I agree it was probably one of the best arcs in TCW.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Definitely

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I knew you would say that.

As I said, it is all a personal preference. Those who do like clones at all would not like Umbara.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    uhh you mean people who like clones would like Umbara, and people who do not like clones would hate Umbara

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Kinda... Cause there is nothing there for them per say.

10. aldrestjedimaster

Sep 4, 2012
    I like clones but I mainly liked the arc because of Krell he was awesome there were lots of good battle scenes, and yes Krell was a jerk but he was still cool.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That is true. Krell was fun for the little time he was on screen. They did not use him enough. He barely did anything until he sliced up those clones in the tower.
    And his villainy was too obvious by the end of the first episode.

12. aldrestjedimaster

Sep 4, 2012
    It would have been nice if he had escaped the clones and they had him fight some of the jedi.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That would have been UBERSWEET!!!

14. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Umbara was great..The scary thing about that arc is that it could of been epic. They developed rex and Fives more than any other episode besides the deserter for Rex. Krell probably should of escaped and met his death at the hands of Rex or Fives in a later arc. But it was still in my book the best arc of The Clone Wars.

Seerow likes this.
  15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    KenobiSkywalker and Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan,

Yeah, I know my personal biases can hit hard but I would like to think I can enjoy episodes of TCW without the 501st or Obi-wan. Honestly I guess Young Jedi just didn't click right for me and I approached it wrong. I was excited to go in and watch all the parts of the arc together like I did with Umbara, Slaves of the Republic, and Rako Hardeen because I'm all about overthinking those puzzle pieces and putting them together, not just internally with the arc but with the entire show at large. I took for granted the final episode would be awesome because the last two were badass. It was another of my square peg, round hole moments because there wasn't really much to put together. It did enlighten me more on the mythos however and I enjoyed that. And honestly there are some things going IRL that probably cause me not to be able to turn on my lame filter, suspend reality, and bring my inner 8 year old the the surface like I normally do.

I also probably should have watched the last episode once on its own alone and tackled the entire arc alone on my own. I did watch it with a buddy of mine who tends to be a much smarter and deeper thinker than me and I can be fairly impressionable. Its possible this is the 2nd arc in a row he's dragged down for me. Still, I was always going to end up with a different perspective for the Young Jedi arc. No matter how you try to explain it to me or slap me in the brain. If you give me 6 kids and focus on just 2 of them because you are going to look like your going with a Sentai team to me, I'm not going to like it.

Revival was a single ep that gave me good puzzle pieces to work with so I liked it.

16. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Secrets Weapons Episode Guide!

http://starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep510/#!/about

"Humility is the only defense against humiliation."

R2-D2 is part of a team of Republic droids chosen for an important mission led by the diminutive Colonel Gascon to obtain an encryption module from a Separatist dreadnought. The droids must overcome numerous challenging obstacles to succeed in this crucial assignment.

17. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Something tells me that there will be an entirely predictable gag about the incredibly pink QT-KT ("cutie Katie") having a magnetic attraction to a lot of unwanted masculine droid attention.

This Doctor Gubacher seems to like getting up close and personal with droids. I'm sure his species' electrical attributes have their uses, particularly when M5-BZ is unable to remember them. ;)

18. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    From Episode Guide for Secret Weapons:

The stern Jedi Master assembles an elite squad of operatives to carry out the mission of securing a crucial piece of Separatist technology. Master Windu makes clear the gravity of the challenge that awaits D-Squad.

Rounding out D-Squad is a smart-alecky WAC pit droid named WAC-47. He has not served with the Jedi before, but has proven himself in service to Clone Commander Neyo.

D-Squad's objective lies in the heart of a massive Separatist dreadnought, guarded behind several layers of security, and commanded by a sharp-minded super tactical droid.

[​IMG]

Seerow and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Has Neyo even appeared in the show yet?

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Nice! It is up...

They seem to be on a ship already or something.

So here is where we meet the other Kalani...

NEYO!? With Pit Droid?!
    So this is it... could we see Neyo!?

[​IMG]

Here is some randomness...

There is something in the reference to a commander Neyo asset.
    320 Clone Trooper Ep3 Adi Gallia is referring to Nomad Droids that was pushed back. There we had Clones with Neyo's symbols.

And it seems that originally this droid and production number is 506 or something.

Could we see Neyo in S5?!

He hasn't but I hope he does soon.

Seerow and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    That Super Tactical Droid is gonna be in this Arc?

22. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    It's a strange name, "WAC 47". [face_thinking]

Seerow likes this.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    He must be Whack then :p

24. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    *Wacky

Seerow likes this.
  25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    For once the opening saying isn't half bad.

[​IMG]

Seerow likes this.