main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    OK, i think we've been given that clip WAY out of context. My guess is that Tarkin does something to kinda screw over Ahsoka, put her and/or the Jedi in a bad light, or Ahsoka may be ticked off due to something that happened with Letta and Tarkin ain't helping. Barriss probably just feels bad for Ahsoka for any one of these things or possibly a combination. She's been set up as Ahsoka's friend and nothing else so she feels for her. Remember what they went through in Brain Invaders. Its possible also that Ahsoka is freaking out and Barriss feels bad for her but thinks she should settle the f down.

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    No kidding! Deep breath...
    Why in the world GFFA would Barriss, directly or indirectly, want to harm anyone?

Nitpick: In that clip, the animation of Tarkin bothered me. Something I noticed about Tarkin in ANH, and probably in that citadel arc, is his reservation. He doesn't show his emotions with his face; he intimidates with his words. Should I assume that Tarkin is really worked up over Ahsoka?

rumblewagon likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    She tends to do that to people.

4. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    did Dooku want to hurt anyone, or did he just lose faith with the Republic?

5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I would find it hard to believe as well which is why I tossed it out there as pure speculation. Perhaps a close friend of Barriss's was killed in that bomb blast. I don't think we were provided with all the details of who was actually killed.

Seerow and CloneWarsRescored like this.
  6. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    could be, there are 6 dead (presumably) jedi

7. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    At least one clone and one civilian were killed, and don't forget the wounded.

So Jackar was the bomb, because his wife put nanobots in his breakfast, and then sent him off to work.
    [​IMG]
    Ahsoka mentioned that Jackar and Letta were noticeably underpaid, so how would Letta afford nano-bomb-droids? Did she get them from Barriss?
    If Barriss is the mastermind, then she blew up one of her own friends? That would be awful! I don't think Barriss is behind the bombing, because I think Luminara would be aware of any untoward behavior from her Padawan. They have a different relationship than Anakin/Ahsoka and Anakin/Obi-Wan. Yes, Dooku and Krell turned their backs on the Jedi, but they were free agents. Maybe I'm too of defensive of Barriss, like Anakin who undoubtably will defend Ahsoka, and Leia: I'm far too trusting. I don't want to be wrong about Barriss! :_| Afterall, Anakin and Dooku turned, but they were seduced by Palpatine. Did someone seduce Barriss, too??? :eek:

Seerow, Garth Maul and Paparazzo like this.
  8. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Poor Barriss is probably going to sue you all for defamation.

Zabrak 2, Seerow, Hank Hill and 3 others like this.
  9. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
  10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Rewatching the Fox clip, I realised I am sick of the Imperial March in this show now. Not simply because of how often it's used, but how often it's misused, in tacked on scenes that don't add anything. We've had way too many random Vader moments and not nearly enough Imperial foreshadowing, like in this arc. That would fit the music better and would actually further the overarching narrative, instead of blasting the trumpets whenever Anakin spills his drink.

And this is an aside, but does anyone else think the Republic tech in TCW is a bit too Imperial looking? It's essentially a carbon copy of the Death Star/Star Destroyer hallways, which I'm assuming were made dark and plain to look like some evil, military stronghold's decor. Seeing as the Republic's meant to be the good side in this conflict (gift of foresight notwithstanding), shouldn't it be a little lighter? It can still be plain to give it that functional, military look, but at least not so dark grey and black so we know we're not actually at the Empire yet.

11. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Has it been confirmed that six people (including/excluding Jackar?) died? That would be great help in updating the 'Official TCW Body Count Thread' for Letta.

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Which episode blasted trumpets when Anakin spilled his drink? Are you sure that the Republic is on the side of "good"?

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    It was in a short, "A Day in the Life of Anakin," one of several mini features that were planned as DVD/Blu Ray extras but were shelved early and never made it to animation. It was essentially Imperial March every time something mildly annoying happened to Anakin in his daily routine, complete with a close shot of his scowling face. Spilled coffee, red light, someone barging past him on the street, having trouble jiggling the keys in the lock, and other little things like that. The climax was when he finally got to work, someone had eaten the last Danish. "Where's my Danish? WHERE IS IT?!" he shouts in his Batman voice. Luminara is passing by as as he shouts out, he grabs her with the Force and chokes her.

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I see the point of not overusing the Imperial March... however I strongly disagree about its use here. It is great here for this clip with Fox and crew because the music is done so well with the full orchestra and because it is important to establish this theme as its associated with the burgeoning Empire and its troops. It makes more sense that the Empire didn't just spring up as soon as Palpy snapped his fingers, but that it solidified for very specific reasons over the course of time. Its the Imperial March, not just Darth Vader's theme.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I realise now that my comment could have been worded better. I approve of using Imperial March in scenes like this, what I object to is its use in Vader moments, which have happened way more in TCW and if anything matter less than showing the progression to the Empire. I mean the films are meant to be about the fall of Anakin, this is where we can expand on the other side of it, the rise of the Empire.

QuangoFett likes this.
  16. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I didn't think we had heard the Imperial March that often. We had it when he interrogated Poggle with a Force Choke, Sidious had some during 'The Lawless', it's being used in the upcoming episode. Was there anywhere else? The slave arc maybe?

17. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    So, part of your rant is about a parody video that was never made?

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    This is definitely post of the week.

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    In the Voyage episode S2. The guy who has Satine hostage tells Obi-wan that he cannot kill him otherwise it would make him a cold blooded killer too, Up pops Anakin too kill him while the Imperial March is playing [face_laugh]

It was so unintentionally funny I laughed out loud when it happened

20. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, it was used a lot in season 2. Slave arc did have it as well, and Mortis did quite frequently.

21. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Maybe on Mortis, during that flash of Vader's helmet?

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    That was intentional dark humor... don't you dare rip on the great Paul Dini! ;)

Seriously though, i took that as a sort of black-hearted attempt at humor. I thought it was effective, and nice to see a humorous slant on the Darth Vader foreshadowing.

fett 4 likes this.
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    But at least we got the breathing too which is always great

24. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I'm watching ANH right now, and Luke just mentioned his dad being a navigator on a spice freighter. And with the current arc in mind, I can't wait to know where Anakin is at the end. I want him to be so offended that he leaves the Order. He and Ventress can chill at Chalmun's!

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    We are all witnesses victims.;)