main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Secret Warriors - (A Marvel RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    Agostinho Machado aka Tempestade
    Tenochtitlan, Mexico

Things happened way to fast for Agostinho to properly react to them. One second he was having a gun pointed at his face and the next second another member shot a bird down for no real apparent reason. Agostinho concluded that these people were some kind of mercenary squad hired by treasure hunters or even a government agency doing surveillance. Whoever they were, they were armed and dangerous and Agostinho had to be on his toes when dealing with them.

As he devised a way to ensure his safety a holographic image of a strange man appeared on the wall in front of them and seemed to give the group some orders. Definitely some kind of government agency. Agostinho stood and observed as there was some dissent among members on the actions that had just taken place. Tension was already at a high level with him showing up in the middle of nowhere and surprising this crew of killers.

Agostinho barely caught the words that came out of the gun-toting man?s mouth the next second, ?Blink, fly us all over it like you said.? This sentence left him in shock before he finally realized what these people were. All this time Agostinho had thought that he was the only person with special powers, but it seemed as if he was very wrong.

?W-wait? fly you over? You mean that one,? he pointed at Blink, ?can fly?? Agostinho?s face betrayed his emotions and his mouth was gaping open as if he had just seen Pelé.

TAG: Mexico team

2. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Isi/Walker
    Arctic

Changing back into human shape, Isi followed the others into the base.
    "Ok, so we're in. I just hope Degree doing that set something off."
    She turned to Cryptologist as he mentioned life forms.
    "Animals? Big or small?"

TAG: Cryptologist, rest of Arctic team

3. deathwisp0R

deathwisp0R Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2008
    ooc: just so you all know reticle is ontop of a hill with his optic camo activated.

ic: reticle

"And you. You soeking with me, eh? You looking for trouble? Cos if you try anything like that again, we go fist-to fist, no guns, alright bru?"

Due to reticle's enahanced senses he could hear what the obnoxious one named Spectrum said despite the distance and the buzzing sound in his ear from his optic camo. Reticle decided that shooting the bird was a little risky. Then again his whole career as a sniper was. To acknowledge the obnoxious man's statement he deactivated his optic camo and walked towars the group. And said in a gruff voice " rule one of battle: think before you act if you did you'd see that this 'local' is more then he seems." he turned to the newcomer and said "Arn't ya?"

tag: mexico team

4. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: ...

The abandoned base was cold, but not nearly as cold as the weather outside. There were a few icicles here and there hanging from the metal ceiling.

The bunker was fairly small, approximately 20 feet by 30 feet. Computers lined the walls, all of which appeared to be shut down. In the center of the bunker, a giant S.H.I.E.L.D. logo was painted on the floor. It's a good thing the door controls were broken, or the security systems would have kicked in.

Across the bunker, opposite the door, was a large corridor that led downward, deeper into the Earth. As soon as the team stepped through the burnt hole, and the complex sensed lifeforms within itself, the lights in the corridor flickered on. The slanted corridor reached down a few hundred yards.

TAG: Antarctica Team...

5. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Antarctica

"Damn, now we have to go down there." Degree yawned again, but continued across the room, over the S.H.I.E.L.D logo and to the opening of the corridor. He looked back at the others, then started down the steps. There was something weird about the lights coming on and the computers not. Hell, with Nick, everything was weird.

Tag: Antarctica

6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Blink

Blink watched as things went from okay to bad. They hadn?t been there long and already people were acting insane. When a strange man walked out of the jungle, one of the guys, whose name she was pretty sure was spectrum, aimed a gun at him. Blink flinched noticeably, imagining it going off. Then another guy actually aimed his gun at Spectrum? no, a little above Spectrum and shot a bird down while Arnold was trying to talk him out of it.

Blink sighed. What's wrong with these people?

She rubbed her left wrist a few times out of habit while looking amongst the guys around and in front of her. She lifted her hand slightly in case one of them needed to be smacked against the gray wall of the temple. The air, hot and humid crowded around her, making her wish she had a hair tie. Apparently things would be okay, because nothing worse came of it. Spectrum actually laughed. Laughed! The new guy was summarily forgotten by most of the team, including Blink. He didn?t make much more noise and wasn?t part of the space the group took up.

Blink?s gaze snapped to Bey as he told her to fly them over the wall. She shrugged and had lifted her hand towards the one closest to the wall when the new guy spoke:

?W-wait? fly you over? You mean that one,? he pointed at Blink, ?can fly??

Blink spun on her heel to look at the new man for a moment then moved to stand almost completely behind one of the guys, shielding herself from his line of sight. It was one thing that the rest of the team knew about her ability. It was quite another when some stranger found out and was staring at her as though there was something wrong with her.

TAG: Mexico Team; Dubya

7. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Hmm... I can see not much is happening in here. I guess I'll have to spice it up even more.

[b]IC: Nick Fury
    Underground HQ[/b]

Something was wrong. The network was trying to force him out. He was rapidly losing control of the Mexico and Antarctica bases. This wasn't good. "Damn it..." he mumbled to himself.

[hr]
    [b]IC: ...

A small stone panel at the top of the pyramid slid open, and out came a little robot that resembled a flying saucer. It wasn't any larger than a frisbee. It's internal clock told it to make it's daily recon sweep. Even though the base had pretty much been shut down and abandoned, this little robot was still "alive" and kicking.

It began circling the vicinity when it picked up human heat signatures on it's radar. Humans? Here? Now?

The little recon robot zipped over toward the heat signatures to check it out. It slowly slipped down through the trees and hovered over the group of Secret Warriors. A camera popped out of the bottom of the robot to film the humans.

Underground, inside the Mexico base control room, a computer picked up the recon robot's signal and switched itself on. Was it sensing intruders?

[b]TAG: Mexico Team...[/b]

[hr]

The sensors started switching on throughout the base as the team entered the bunker. The network tried to switch on the defenses in the entry bunker, but the computers weren't responding. Something was corrupted.

Now it sensed the intruders in the downward corridor. They had to be stopped.

Back in the corridor, as the team began heading downward, a noise came from the next room at the end of the long corridor. It was a metal "clanking" sound. It was almost like...footsteps.

[b]TAG: Antarctica Team...[/b]

8. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    Agostinho Machado aka Tempestade
    Tenochtitlan, Mexico

The girl who could fly apparently was very shy and secretive about her ability as she hid herself behind the other group members when Agostinho questioned her ability. So many thoughts and emotions were flowing through his mind at this time. He thought that he was the only one to have some kind of weird ability and when he learned that this girl could fly he didn?t know what to think. He assumed that the rest of the members of the group had some sort of special ability as well and wondered how unique these abilities were.

A long silence emanated throughout the air before Agostinho realized that he had been staring at them with his mouth wide open and might have made the girl very uncomfortable. ?I didn?t mean that in a bad way. I just never knew there were people that were so similar to me. Although I can?t fly? I am different.? He gave a reassuring smile and carefully took a step forwards. He wanted to know who these people were and wanted to know more about his strange ability.

TAG: Mexico Team

9. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

Beyers Blesbok AKA Spectrum

Mexico

As the stranger (or local, or scrompie, or whoever the hell he was) expressed his amazement at Blink's ability, the girl deftly sidestepped to hide behind Bey.

?I didn?t mean that in a bad way," said the stranger, realising no doubt that he'd been staring with his bek wide open. "I just never knew there were people that were so similar to me. Although I can?t fly...I am different.?

Bey was about to respond, when something moved in the trees above. He glanced up, and ignored it, but kept his revolver in hand just in case.

"Look bru," he said to the stranger. "I don't really care who you are or what you can do. We've got work to do. Blink, get us over the wall. No dossing around this time, alright? Just do it."

Tag: Bultar, Mandeillord, Mexico team

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Arnold Rosencrantz, alias FLASHBACK
    Mexico

"Look, I know getting over this wall is important and all," Arnold began, whipping Rosebud out of his side holster and clicking off the safety in one swift motion, "But shouldn't we be a bit more concerned about that?" He pointed his finger at what could only be described as a 1950's approximation of a "Martian" spacecraft, complete with some type of "eye" on the bottom. As a Martian, Arnold had to admit he almost found it patently offensive.

He kept his gun drawn, but in a ready position, taking great care not to point it at the saucer. If it was some kind of security system, the last thing they needed to do was set it off.

TAG: Mexico

[i][b]IC: Will Guildenstern, alias Cryptologist[/b]
    Antarctica[/i]

"No, by lifeforms I mean [i]us[/i]," Will replied. As if on cue, the lights came flickering on in a well-defined sequence of computerized activations. But that didn't explain the very ominous sound he heard emanating from down the halls. The clank almost sounded like the sort of sound Cybermen made on [i]Doctor Who[/i], of which Will was a casual viewer. Like metal... that was walking.

"Now what the blue hell could that be...?" he thought aloud, waving his hand over the area in front of him to see if he couldn't read some type of program. Was... whatever it was part of the security system? Or something else entirely?

[b]TAG: GM, Antarctica[/b]

11. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Blink, Mexico

As the stranger spoke, Blink stepped out from behind Bey just enough to see the man?s face. She hoped he couldn?t see hers too well. Blink never trusted strangers. It was a way of life for her to hide her ability so that no one would know and here was this man, having heard all about it. Blink lifted a hand to tuck her hair behind her ear, being careful not to make eye contact with the stranger.

Blink wondered just where this man had come from. He had said he was going to a city through the jungle but who did that? Sounded like from his little chat not many. At least he didn?t look like he had any weapons. But that he knew about her ability was bad enough. She thought for a moment about bashing him against the nearest tree, but she didn?t really want to hurt anyone. She?d never done that before and didn?t really want to start.

The man spoke again with a smile on his face. Blink guessed that was to help make him seem nice but she was having none of it. When he stepped forward, Blink discreetly lifted her hand towards him, hoping no one would notice. She wanted to make sure she was safe and she knew her ability could help keep her that way.

As Bey spoke, Blink looked up at him. He ordered that she start about getting them over the wall, but then Arnold pointed out a flying disk. Blink, knowing that the little silver disk was watching, figured after some time that if it had already seen them it had probably heard them too. And that meant it knew about her anyways. After all, Bey or someone had said it was probably not being monitored.

Blink decided to go first. After all, she didn?t want to freak anyone out and it seemed like the man was confused about her abilities. He thought she could only make herself fly. Blink stepped back from Bey and turned around. Concentrating, she began lifting herself until she was above the wall just past her waist, then she turned herself around and sat on top, placing both hands on the wall. The whole time she was in the air she barely moved. It was no big deal to lift something and put it somewhere else, but she had never done it to herself before. It was exhilarating, flying like this and yet a little unnerving, even for only a short time. She resolved to practice more the second they got back. Blink looked over her shoulder and saw nothing but smooth sand below. Blink turned her head to look down at the others.

?It?s safe.?

TAG: Mexico

12. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Antarctica

Great, now there were footsteps. Metal footsteps, which meant that something was moving. Nothing was supposed to be moving in this abandoned place. But there were and he did not feel like crying about it. The steps made him think of some 40s or 50s era horror movie involving an evil robot with a bad temper.

His hand twitched and then was covered in fire. He stuck it out in front of him and continued forward. "Um...who's there?" What the hell? They were the intruders.

Tag: Team Antarctica, Dubya

13. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Mexico

"Huh," said Bey simply when Arnold pointed out the strange saucer, high up among the trees. "Security system."

Blink flew herself up to the wall a moment later, and she lifted Bey next. He was slightly uncomfortable with the sensation of being flown into the air, but forced himself to relax. Once he was at the top, he turned around to address the team.

"They know we're here now," he said. "We move fast, get in and get out."

For a moment he considered shooting down the saucer, thought better of it, and hopped down to the other side of the wall.

"I'll lead the way," he barked, and unslung his rifle from his back. He immediately crouched down, scanning the area for any visible threats.

Tag: Dubya, Mexico Team

14. deathwisp0R

Sep 1, 2008
    ic: reticle
    location outside temple

After the girl who could fly was done checking the area reticle decided he would be of the most use on top of the temple to stand guard. After all there was no telling how long it would be till Osbourne's goons came looking for what ever data was in this temple. With that in mind he aproached the girl. With his most polite sounding voice he said " Miss would it be too much to ask for you to fly me up a way's up the temple so i can climb up and find a good sniping spot? I figure i'll be of the most use by covering your exit in case The enemy comes here for the data. Oh! I also have a walkie talike so we can keep in touch while your in there. It's encrypted but i can't guarantee it would last long against a good cryptologist. I'd give it to the loud man but i think he'd break it and based on your behaviour your generally a non-combatant so it'd be less of a inconviencence for you to carry it." Reticle was hoping he was using what civies call 'non-threatining behaviour'

tag:Blink

15. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Nick Fury
    HQ

"Damn it!" He slammed his fist on the desk in anger. He had lost his control of the two bases. The security systems must have kicked in and gone back on-line. If the situation got any worse, he would have to go out in the field and help the team himself.

The little saucer-like recon robot had transmitted the data to the base's main computer. And the computer was following the intruders' location.

Within minutes of the team touching the ground on the inside of the wall, A door slid open at the top of the pyramid. A metal "clanking" noise was heard. Out of the door came humanoid mechanical creatures.

Standing at least 7 feet tall, three robots stood at the top of the pyramid aiming weapons down toward the team.

[hr]

The metal footsteps grew closer. Then, a humanoid robot stepped into the light.

Two more appeared behind the first. Standing at about 7 feet tall, the robots stopped and pointed their weapons up at the team.

[hr]
    [b]OOC:[/b] The robots that are appearing look something like this, except with a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on it's chest:
    [image=http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/timesplitters/timesplitters/us/universal/leftnav/leftnav_bottom_home.jpg]

16. deathwisp0R

Sep 1, 2008
    ooc: Hello all. I regret to inform you all that Real life requires that i must take a leave of absence from the game. i hope to play again some time soon. untill then. bye

17. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Hmm... It seems the hype from the first page has vanished. Oh well...

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: I'm still up for this, but everyone does seem to have vanished...

Mexico

"Ag sies man," hissed Beyers, as the robots emerged from the top of the pyramid. He was the first of the team to cross to the other side of the wall, but that also meant he was the only member of the team trapped with no place to go but forwards- towards the enemy.

What was more, he couldn't fly, he couldn't flash through time, he couldn't move objects or any of that kak. All he could do was alter other people's perception of colour. And that was a fat lot of use against bloody machines.

"Ah Blesbok, you mompie," he cursed himself, and aimed his rifle. He began firing at the robots, running towards the cover of nearby trees as he did so.

Tag: Dubya, the Mexico team

19. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    In this as well.

Degree
    -Antarctica

Dammit, a robot; a big ass robot. Degree begin to heat up his hands, fire forming at the end of his arms and stretching down like whips to the floor. He was going to negotiate, but then he remembered that robots did not negotiate. They attacked and kept on attacking. Nick was supposed to have all these things figured out. They were supposed to meet little to no resistance.

That was out the door. Raising the fire whips up, he snapped and cracked them at the robot's joints, wanting to weld them and tear them off.

Tag: Dubya

20. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: We are going slowly, but for courtesy's sake I feel I should still inform you all I'm going to be away on a brief holiday from now until the 31st. See you when I return!

21. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Yeah. Kinda tough to run a Marvel Universe game with only a couple players. I'll hold out a little longer and see what happens.

[b]IC: S.H.I.E.L.D. robots

Spectrum's shots whizzed up toward the robots. One of them took a bullet directly in the head, but he was still alive and kicking.

The once those first shots were fired, the robots began firing back. The robots targeted the group and opened fire. The sound of machine gun fire overpowered the jungle sounds as it echoed for miles.

[hr]
    [b]IC: S.H.I.E.L.D. robots

Degree's fire whips did the job. The first robot tried to walk closer but couldn't because his legs joints were melting together. Instead of trying to move when he couldn't, he just aimed the machine gun and fired.

The other robots behind it also opened fire at the group. The entire corridor was soon covered with bullet holes.

22. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Antarctic

He hit the floor as soon as the ray of bullets started flinging across the hallway. Damn, he thought as he raised the temperature of his fire to an intolerable degree. If he had unleashed this upon a human, it would literally burn the meat off the bone and then make the bones crack.

Breathing in deeply, he pressed his palms together and sent a slice of fire down the hallway that would burn the robots in half. Well, he thought it would. Why was he the only one fighting anyway? Damn scabs.

Tag: Team Antarctica

23. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    i'm still in

Artic Team

Isi backed away from the flames. It was getting more intensely hot every second. No sooner had the flames subsided that the robots started shooting. Isi hit the ground.
    "Degree, can you melt the guns? If you immobolise them I can turn into something big and crush them."
    She coughed, the heat was stinging her eye and making them water.
    "Just tell em when."

TAG: Degree

24. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree-Antarctica

"Yeah, sure." Still kneeling on the floor, Degree withdrew his fire after making some burn marks on the robots in the back. His fingertips ignited and then he began firing off his own balls of fire, pelting the joints of the robots.

"It is all you."

Tag: Twinky, Team Antarctica

25. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Arctic Team

"Thanks"
    Isi started to run forward and changed into a rhino, charging and building up speed in order to knock the robots out of the way.
    It did occur to Isi that this might not work, but by then she was in full charge.

TAG: Degree, robots, any

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.