main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate moderator nominations

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Lowbacca_1977, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    As some may have noticed, Jabbadabbado has returned to regular user status however we don't have a new moderator to have his soul drained and patience tried yet. Having seen the negatives of trying to set up Mubarak type of thing, and after a few of our potential candidates have pulled some General Sherman stuff on me and decided that they would not want to, or can't, step up to a moderating position, it has been decided to open this process up to you in a rather fashion that would make King Abdullah proud, in case there are some high quality candidates for moderator that hadn't come to mind yet and may be getting overlooked.

Once we have figured out some candidates, the final decision as to who will become a moderator will be decided by the Mod Squad, and so while I'm asking for input, this isn't going to be an actual election or such. To avoid this turning into campaigning or such, do NOT put nominations here, please PM those to me and just post in this thread as it relates to general questions about this process. When candidates have been determined and this goes to the mod squad, those candidates will likely NOT be made public, although our new moderator will probably be announced, unless my 'secret police' suggestion is green lit. I will pass along at least a portion of the comments that are PMed to me in suggesting people to help give the mod squad a more detailed background on the candidates. Finally, do not PM me that you will be graciously accepting the moderator spot. We're not playing that game. Nominations should be of other people.

As a reminder, two of the key things I'd like to see in our next moderator would be the ability to stay calm and rational to handle disputes, and the time to be around enough to be active. This shouldn't be about who you think is RIGHT most, but who you think would be fair and even handed. Also, our newer posters and lurkers are just as welcome to make suggestions as our veteran posters here, the more input the better.

And again, any nominations should be PMed to me, just post in here if there are questions. No campaigning either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.