main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Sept Party

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LordGoldenArrow, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StickmanLt

StickmanLt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    *Mwahahaha!* Maniacal laugh. Jedi can't beat the sith. The only way they can win is by cheating, either going 2 against 1, or by whining like a little farm boy until their sith lord father buys them the speeder they wanted on their 16th birthday...

Anyway, for those of you who don't have sabers, I make them, so I'll try to bring a few extra. I don't want to turn this into a feeding frenzy and cheat good friendly Star Wars fans out of money, but I will probably have a few to sell as well, if that's okay with the people planning this event.

Also, for those who find that the saberfighting we do irresistable, I'm trying to set up a saberfight club near UCF. But I won't get into that on this board, the saberfight club topic is here in the Orlando forum if you want to find it.

I hope to see everybody there! I've only been to one fanforce meeting before, so most of you might not recognize me. But I look forward to meeting everybody that I didn't meet before, and re-introducing myself to those that I did meet before, and then have been forgotten by. :)

StickmanLt

P.S.- Woohoo! Post #100. Isn't that special.
    Sorry. I had to go back and edit this P.S. in after I realized that I was a nice big round number. :p

2. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    grr...now i have to go and get good at it before the meeitng.....

3. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Darryl,

It's possible that I may soon have the instructions to make origami TIE fighters, for double the burning fun. [face_devil]

-Katie
    Thumper

4. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    You can't destroy us. We are inwincible.

5. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Okay. Since I've heard lots of comments about the beach...anybody that has a problem with changing the location to Beachside send me a PM or an email.

Art

6. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    BEACH!!!!!!!!! YES THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
    Or do I ahve to beg?

7. LadyDemoness

LadyDemoness Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    To bad the party isnt THIS week. I have the house all to myself. If we choose the beach I would have invited you all to my place if we get rained out. I'm only c. 500 yards from the beach!

I might still be able to if its alright with my parents. (Which wont be likely)

But thats IF we choose the beach instead.

8. JRHermle

JRHermle Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2001
    If it's at the beach, should I still make the candy whackers? Maybe we can have one of the tall members of our group hold them while we take our turns beating the crap outta them?

Just asking...

With any luck, we'll have a hurricane that weekend and get some waves in this state.

Herm
    JRHERMLE@AOL.COM

9. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Herm,

Yes, please make the pin cusions still. :) We'll find a way to use them. <g>

Art

10. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    I agree, make them either way. :)

11. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I called Wicham Park today and asked about tent camping sites. They have uite a few and as the plan stands now, either friday or Saturday... maybe both depending.... I am going to get a site and pitch a tent. Additionally I am going to bring my telescope and mountain bike down to do a little stargazing.
    Anyone else interested let me know soon because they have a group camp site there also. The regular lots are limited to one tent, and a small storage tent for kids, and supplies and stuff.
    For more info go to...... www.campingspacecoast.com/rv&tent/wickam.htm
    This could be an adventure!!!! At the very least it could be a chance to just veg outside of the huslt and bustle of normal civilasation.
    Buzz

12. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Buzz,

I'll join you with the telescope and bike.

Sandy

13. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    I swear, this thread changes every time I look at it. :p

Yesterday I went to look at a place called Lori Wilson Park in Cocoa Beach. If people want to have the party at a beach site, I'd suggest this one. It's a couple miles south of 520 on A1A, and it has two covered pavilions with tables, BBQ grills, a volleyball court, a playground for Buzz and other kids, a grassy field (not a knoll, sorry) and a boardwalk over the dunes to the beach.

Lori Wilson Park will be a farther drive for everyone but if people want the ocean I think this is the best bet. I personally would still rather go to Wickham but that's just me.

As far as camping goes, I think it sounds like fun but I don't have a tent or anything here. Though I have slept in my car before...

-Katie
    Thumper

14. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    I second the vote on Lori Wilson and second the vote on Katie sleeping in her car.

Sandy

15. LadyDemoness

Nov 1, 2001
    Lol!

I'll bring my crappy telescope that can barely make out the rings of Saturn. As for camping, the only stuff I have for that is my TMNT sleeping bag from my childhood.

Has anyone ever played street hockey?

16. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Lori Wilson Park sounds realy nice and all but does it have camp sites? I looked at the link and didn't see any. I am going to stay a Wickam anyhow just becasue I have to get out of town.
    As for crappy telescopes mine isn't the greatest in the world either, by by golly the joy of sharing the stars with my freinds is an exprience I am reticent to let go of!
    I have done my fair share of camping in the past, and the best part when I choose not go it alone is the revival of good conversation. It's been an unbelievable year for a lot of us and I think this would be good to get together like this.
    Not to meantion it can be a trial run for the Keys Odessy.
    If this is a viable option for the Wickam event everyone interested in camping let me know and I will see what I can come up with. I know I can rent camping packageson base.

17. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    No, there is no camping available at Lori Wilson Park. The Hilton is a quarter of a mile north, though...

-Katie
    Thumper

18. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Well, since we posted to the other Florida people that we are doing the event at Wickam and now that we have this camping idea, I think we should stick to Wickam for now.

Camping would be cool.

Art

19. LadyDemoness

Nov 1, 2001
    I was wondering if anyone has ever played street hockey, because if so we could bring some hockey sticks or a broom (if no hockey stick) and a tennis ball and play some street hockey. It is a very fun game.

I dont recall if Wickham Park's roads are paved all the way or not. But it don't matter. A dirt road is just as good.

20. Lord_Gita

Oct 5, 2000
    I'd try that. Do I need to bring my blades or on foot?

21. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hi guys!
    I'm pretty new here and was wondering if it was too late to say I'd like to come to the party. I hope not, because it sounds like you guys are planning some fun. :)
    I'm all for some street hockey, by the way!

22. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Hey hey Jayna! Good to see you again. By all means come to the festivities!!!
    Buzz

23. LadyDemoness

Nov 1, 2001
    I prefer to play street hockey by foot rather than by blades. Plus, since I'm not sure if the park's roads are paved its better to play by foot.

24. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Hehe. I can't play street hockey period. lol. Due to that fact that there is a projectile, and peopl movie about very quickly. :D

I just got the caste off my arm, I don't need another one, or on my leg. lol.

25. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Hey, Mayo. You've been kinda quiet lately. You're still planning on coming, right?

-Katie
    Thumper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.