main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

September Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by MoronDude, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, I'm really sorry we couldn't get anything to come through last month. I take the responsability for the whole mess. Now, however, I'm in Vegas full time going to UNLV and am alot more available. here's my schedual:

Monday: class 5:30pm to 6:20pm
    Tuesday: classes 11:30am to 5:15pm
    Wednesday: class 5:30pm to 6:20pm
    Thrusday: classes 11:30pm to 5:30pm
    Friday: classes 1:00pm to 6:20pm
    Sat & Sun: FREE for the time being

We could do something on a Wendesday or Thursday after 7:00pm, or somthing on a Sat or Sun after 5:00pm (protoss' schedual)

I'll check the official MSU hours now that schools in session, and that would be a great place to meet. Also, DR said that maybe his apartment complex will let us use their clubhouse. Either way, it sounds good.

Do we still want to devote the next meeting primarily to the prospect of a Fan Film? And, hwich day would be most convieniant?

2. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    im guessing sunday would be the best day, i normally do something wed and sat, so maybe thurs would work also. depends more on the date so i can see what i doing

3. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    The MSU would be the perfect place to meet. I checked the times, and they are as follows:

Mon-Thurs: open til 10pm
    Fri & Sun: open til 8pm
    Sat: open til 6pm

So if we wamt to do it on a thrusday at :00pm, we could have 2 1/2 to 3 hours for a meeting! So, I just need some feedback.

4. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    what time did you want to do it at, all i see is :00 pm

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Oh yeah, sorry 7:00pm

6. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Time good for me are, nothing before 7:00 and 99% of Saturday evenings are spoken for.

Check it out www.eklectia.com

7. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, tentative next meeting date:

Thursday, October 3rd at 7:00pm at the MSU

sign in if you can make it, if not then give a better time for you :D

8. JediShampoo

JediShampoo Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2000
    Uh hello all, I'm new. To this JC forum, that is.

Think I work Thursday night...but just in case and I can stop by and crash the party-- what in the heck is the MSU?

:) Thanks
    Kristen

9. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    as of now i think i can, and i need some kind of directions to this place

10. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Crash away, JediShampoo, crash away!

The MSU is on Maryland Parkway near the corner of Tropicana. Here is the quickest way to get there. Do you know where UNLV is? well, if you are going down Tropicana, either way, you turn on Maryland parkway, going towards Flamingo. the first light you get to is University Rd. Turn on University Rd. and there is a big building right next to the bookstore. That is the MSU. By 7:00pm, you don't have to worry about finding a visitor parking spot, just park in a student space. Inside We'll all meet and choose a place to sit. I'll be there extra early to watch for everyone.

Oh, Protoss, will you be able to pick up Anthony? if you can, just tell me when, and I'll tell him. Do you want to meet him in front of Borders again?

11. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    yeah i can get him, does he know where its at, just in case i misread your directions.

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    umm, i don't think so, lemmie see if i can get you a map.

copy paste this:

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=University+Rd.&csz=las+Vegas&Country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, I'm going to make it official. Thrusday, October 3rd at 7:00pm at the MSU at UNLV!

On the agenda: We are devoting most of the meeting to the prospect of a Fan Film. We will get together and find out what everyone is willing to contribute and take it from there. We can also start punching out a story. It doesn't have to be all about a Fan Film, though, and we will no doubt have tons of fun.

So, if you are planning to come or at least say theres a chance you can come tell me right away so i can give the info to Obey Wann.

14. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey all, I will definitely try to make this meeting, I"m just posting to let you all know I saw this.

15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I scouted out the MSU today, and there are at least three great spots to hold a meeting, so if one is being used, we still have options! Hope to see everyone there!

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Protoss, are you still able to come? When should I tell Anthony to be at that Borders? 6:15? 6:30?

17. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    yeah im coming, have him be there about 6:20

18. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, I'm here at the MSU, using a computer in which I can look right out to the parking lot. Its 5:19 now, and I'll surely be here when anyone shows up!

19. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, well while the last meeting did not work out how we planned, I would still say it was a success. We talked alittle about what people would want to do in the making of a Fan Film, but mostly just socialized. Anyway, we need to start planning the next one, so keep me posted of your scheduals.

20. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    I am soooo lame, I completely forgot about the meeting, damn busy life! But hey I got good news for the fan film, I can get my hands on a camera, not only that but a digital camera! Sweet hunh?

21. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Hey daryl, we were wondering why you didn't show, but we figured you had a problem with work or finding a babysitter or something. Its no problem, and we had a pretty good time, even if it wasn't very productive.

DIGITAL CAMERA?!? COOOOL!! Okay, next meeting, we get down and dirty about this Fan Film. Do you wanna do it next month, or sooner? We can have another one in two weeks if you want. how about October 24th?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.