main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Sequel Trilogy Timeline

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by The Bops, Jan 6, 2013.

1. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Bear with me, this statement is going to jump around a bit.

There was a ten year gap between Episode I and Episode II. In Episode I, Obi-Wan was 25 and Anakin was 9. In Episode II, Obi-Wan was 35 and Anakin was 19. In Episode III, Obi-Wan was 38 and Anakin was 22.

In contrast there was only a three year gap between Episode IV and Episode V. In Episode IV, Han was 29 and Luke was 19. In Episode V, Han was 32 and Luke was 22. In Episode VI, Han was 33 and Luke was 23.

Knowing these facts, I believe it is safe to say there is a direct correlation between the age difference and brother type relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin, with Han and Luke.

What if there is another parallel we’re missing? The Obi-Wan and Luke relationship. Perhaps the Sequel Trilogy will follow that dynamic. In Episode IV, Obi-Wan was 57 and Luke was 19.

Secondly, What if the Sequel Trilogy contains a larger gap between Episode VII and Episode VIII? The precedence was set between Episode I and Episode II that this could happen.

My suggestion is to set Episode VII in 25 ABY. This makes Han 54 and Luke 44. This is pretty similar to the ages of Obi-Wan (57) and Anakin/Vader (41) in Episode IV.

Episode VIII, I would set in 44 ABY. This would allow a story to be told where Luke meets a wife and has a child in Episode VII. As a result, by Episode VIII, Luke will be 63 and his child 19, making this relationship similar to Obi-Wan and Luke in Episode IV.

My point? This timeline allows for us to see how the next generation of Skywalkers are born, sets up a mentor/protégé relationship between Luke and his child, and gives us two films to see Luke’s child at Luke’s age in the Original Trilogy.

Mark Hamill will be 64 when Episode VII is released. Harrison Ford will be 73. I believe Hamill can pull off playing a 44 year-old and playing a 63 year old three years later when he is 65. Harrison will be more of a reachplaying a 54 year old, Alec Guiness was only 63 when he played 57 year old Obi-Wan. But Han lived a pretty 'rock & roll' lifestyle, didn't he? He probably would age a bit quicker than a stoic Jedi Master.

Comments??

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Still I think Episode 7 should not take place in 25 ABY, but later on.
    According to the EU, the YV war begins in 25 ABY.

Apophis_ and Samayel_ like this.
  3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Your Episode VIII will infact be Episode VII......at 45ABY Luke is 63 & his Son Ben 19 .........Hamill will struggle to pull off a 44yo so why bother just set EP7 at the end of the EU timeline ( 45ABY ) as I see Luke Skywalker being the mentor of EP7 much like Obi-Wan of EP4 ..........I think if you want to go back & have Luke meet wife & have kid ect you would probably have to re-cast & no-one in the world wants re-casting ! .

Apophis_ likes this.
  4. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    We're in agreement there! NO RECASTINGII

I'm in the 'throw EU out the window' group, however... (sorry) :)

5. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    45 ABY, maybe even a bit later.

Apophis_ and Sinrebirth like this.
  6. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    45 ABY allows a large chunk of the EU to remain intact, whilst giving breathing space to the ST.

It could work.

Apophis_ likes this.
  7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think that EpVII will take place inbetween ROTJ and EpVIII and that EpIX will follow the latter.

...What was the question again?

"Everything will proceed as I have foreseen"
    /LM

JevanShevu likes this.
  8. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    No what an outrage. How can this happen? 6, 7, 8, 9?

9. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    That is irrelevant as the YV will be disregarded!

10. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Don't apologies man. I mean anyone who thinks Disney give a flying, you know what about the EU is kidding themselves on.

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    34 ABY.

12. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    I definitely think around 45 ABY, honestly, with two or three year gap in-between, so possibly similar to real time. That would give LFL/Disney some cool things to do between films.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What does "ABY" stand for? I forget. I keep thinking of Abbey Road.

Episode VII should be set at least 30-40 after ROTJ.

HankSolo likes this.
  14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    After Battle of Yavin.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Thanks. Makes sense. Thought it was something complicated sounding.

16. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    Well said... Jerk. :)

17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    If they want to finish Luke Skywalker's story, ~45 - 50 ABY would be the way to go. That way Hamill, Fisher, and Ford are the appropriate age + any new heroes would be in their 20s and ready to start the 'heroes' journey.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Between 35 and 40 years after ROTJ. Or they might set it exactly 30 years after ROTJ, as ROTJ will be 30 years old in 2015.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    ROTJ will be 32 years old in 2015

20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Crap, sorry. Don't know why I said that.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    35 ABY would be perfect. Keep the Vong War and throw out DN and on. You have plenty of time to fiddle with backplots. Six years would pass since the end of the Vong War. Mara would be alive, Jacen would be alive...

That being said I still cling to the idea that the books have been leading to an end. That end is a female Solo child and a male Skywalker child being ready to take up the mantle. No need for Mara as the minute she married Luke she went from being a cool Imperial Spy to a breeder for the Skywalker family. With her dead after the birth of a child, Luke can be the hermetic Jedi many want with the child that Disney will want. If anyone wants to know where Ben comes from they can read the books or check wookieepedia about Mara.

To those who say they have to see the family, I say when you watched Tron Legacy, did it take you out of the movie when you found out Flynn had a son named Sam. Did you stop and be like who is the mother? Maybe for a moment then you moved on and get involved in the film

22. The Bops

Oct 30, 2012
    To me Star Wars is different. It's a Saga. Tron, frankly, isn't. I really didn't care that Jeff Bridges had a son.

I will care about Luke's children and I'll want to see how they came into being. Getting told, in passing, that Luke got married a few years ago and ha a son who is 20 will feel cheap to me. If this were a one or two movie deal overall, maybe. But this is going to be nine movies. After seeing where Anakin and Luke came from, I'm going to dive right into the life of a 20 year old third generation Skywalker?

This assumes there will be a third generation Skywalker. I think there has to be.

Episode Swag likes this.
  23. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Yeah. EP 1 was 30 years before ANH, so that makes sense.

24. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I actually don't think we'll get an exact time frame from ROTJ to the ST. We'll see offspring grown up most likely and that will give us some idea but it won't be exact. Nor d I think it's necessary since the focus will be on the New Generation and not the OT principals. The relationships that will be important will be [presuambly] brother to sister as in the Solo twins if they use them and then twins to cousin Skywalker.The girls will have a sister dynamic. Then of course there will be how the New generation relates to the old and the burden of carrying on the family Saga etc...

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    45 ABY or after, but no earlier than 90 ABY. Perfect slot for the EU. Has to be there, for me, or I'm...

....wait for the over-dramatic statement which won't be followed through because we all know I'm going to watch it even if Chewbacca is in it....

out.

Apophis_ and Darth Chiznuk like this.