main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Sequel Trilogy Timeline

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by The Bops, Jan 6, 2013.

1. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012

:D[face_devil][:D]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    You know what would work as an interesting plot for VII... but probably wouldn't happen.

The Skywalker kid(s) are kidnapped (around the age of 10-15 years old) and the old heroes (Luke, Mara, Leia, and Han) and the Solo kid(s) have to rescue them...

I mean if you're going to go with young kids for a Star Wars film... make them mcguffins, not pod-racing fighter pilots.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  3. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    True...

4. Aizakku Rorensu

Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    I can see this happening. And 25 ABY is a good date for me.

And the only things I'd add for my take on what you set up is that Han and Leia are married when we open (and have been for, say, 20+ years), and Jacen and Jaina have been born and are now mid-to-late teens. And yes, I imagine I may be borrowing a few concepts from the EU, but that's all I'm doing. And Jacen and Jaina in name only, of course, no convoluted EU backstory (everything is stripped down for easy accessibility for a general audience). And I'm going with Jacen and Jaina because I feel that there should be some kind of next generation representation of Han, Luke and Leia in the first movie. So they would check that box.

And yes, I can easily live with Han and Leia being married off screen, enough was established in Empire and Jedi to extrapolate. Luke I can't, Han and Leia I can.

And yes, your Episode VIII set up works for me too. Ben Skywalker (if we want to call him that) is 19, that works. Jacen and Jaina would be in their 30s at this point, so that's kind of touch and go in relation to Ben. But Ben and Luke would be the focus of this movie. As far as Luke's wife and Ben's mother is concerned, like you, the only stipulation I have is that it happens on screen. Something that big does not happen off screen, and your idea of setting it up in Episode VII works for me.

Anyway, yeah, I like my additions to your idea. :cool:

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't mind it if Luke gets married off screen just as long as we see who his wife is in Episode VII. She could be the villain, she could be dead, she could be alive and a member of the Jedi Order, whatever just show who she is and I'll be cool with it. I don't think they need to spend one film setting up who she is and the romance between she and Luke because I think the films need to focus on the younger generation.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Another words, just appear behind Luke's shoulder...

7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Not what I said at all but if that's how you read it okay...

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I get what you said... My ideal way of having her shown, would be a family hologram... Ben can look at it and smile and show that he misses his mother but has moved past it and has carried on with his life.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn't mind that. It would be a very nice little moment.

10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    If you have time in the movie, with either Luke or Ben looking at the holo, someone could approach them
    Other: "You really miss her don't you?"
    Ben: "It has been nearly five years. Sometimes I forget what my own mother looked like. So I stand here trying to memorize her features."

Something that shows they have moved on but still miss her

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I could see that playing through the whole trilogy similar to how Harry Potter mentions his parents and how others are always telling him how much he looks like them. Very nice!

12. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Until you said this, I didn't realize I feel the same. I can handle Han and Leia's story progressing off screen (even having kids) because the relationship was established in ESB and ROTJ.

Luke's story needs to be shown. He and his potential children need it for this to work. It would seem rushed and slapped together otherwise.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Agree to disagree...

14. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Exactly bro.