main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Setting Preferences for Alerts (and Other Profile Options)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LAJ_FETT , May 31, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Notes on profile options from the temp boards:

Xenforo seems to like sending alerts for everything. To shut off alerts that you don't want,, hover your cursor over your username at the upper right. You'll see a section for Alert Preferences. Click on that and you can turn off any that you don't need. You can set other profile settings using the same method. You can also get to Alert Preferences by hovering over 'Alerts' in the same area.

You might also notice that xenforo will automatically have you "watch threads" for any thread you post in. To turn those off as well, go up to your username and click on "Watched threads." You then will have to manually unwatch all the threads listed, but as long as you have your alerts turned off, you shouldn't receive any more.

And to stop getting e-mails every time you get a new PM (or, as the system calls them, a new message in a conversation) you need to uncheck the appropriate box under "Contact Details".

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I think Grimby changed it so that it automatically leaves the "watch thread" option off when people register.

3. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I'm just coming here because it says "other profile options." How do we change our birthdate? I created my profile with someone else in mind and want to change it to my birthday.

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    From http://boards.theforce.net/account/personal-details : "Once your birthday has been entered, it cannot be changed. Please contact an administrator if it is incorrect." Thus you will need to PM one of the admins.

5. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Ok, thanks.

6. Josh Fitzer

Josh Fitzer Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2015
    How can I change my username?

7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Please see the Username Change Request Policy. :)

8. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    How do I set up a footer/signature area for my posts? I have looked all over the boards for that this morning.

I'm referring to the area with the blue dotted line and below it where people add group membership and quotations to their posts.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hover your cursor over your username at the top right. In the drop-down box you'll see a section called 'Signature'. Go there to add or update one. Just a note that we don't allow images in signatures. (Smilies are OK).

Tython Awakening likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Is there anyway to change the last seen in blank thread that pops up any time you open the profile picture or is it locked?

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you go into Preferences on your username there is an option to 'Show your current activity'. See if yours is checked and if so uncheck it and see if that helps. However, on my ID it is unchecked and I still see the 'last seen in' message but that might be because I'm an admin.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes note mods and admins can see everyone's status. If you uncheck Show Current Activity then your status won't show for all regular members.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks Todd! I saw the query just as I was heading offline this morning so I didn't have time to test or anything.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hmm weird seems like it’s not working for me. Would being a VIP effect this in anyway?

Edit: wait no it’s working at least for other users. So I still see it but I just checked with a sock and it seems they no longer do.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - pretty sure the option is so others can't see but you still can.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    This is what I see:

[​IMG]

Is that what you expect?

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think that's what he expected. As a mod, I can still see what he was doing as well as how long ago.

Jedi Knight Fett and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep I was confused as for me it first appeared the same way. Thanks.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    How can I change my username? I saw that the dedicated thread was closed, so I don’t know who to ask...

20. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    EHT likes this.
  21. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    There is a dedicated thread to this specific request.

Dandelo likes this.
  22. The Emotional Jedi

May 18, 2021
    Yeah, but the problem Is, the dedicated thread was closed. I can't post a Request on there.

23. The Emotional Jedi

May 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2022