main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF group activity ideas

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Taeriel, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Dragon boats are cool. I've done a lot of white water rafting so I have never had to just go in a straight line before.

2. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    What a great idea! I vote for more bbq's/picnics, here in SF like Alamo Square or Dolores Park, or anywhere in Golden Gate Park, as well as the beach. We can reserve a bonfire pit. Fun!

I also vote for happy hours and movies!

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm in for mor bbqs and picnics. San Francisco is always unpredictable no matter what time of year though.

4. irishjedimaster

irishjedimaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2010
    Im always down for San Francisco.

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I agree. BBQs and picnics are high on my list as well. The Bay Area has so many wonderful natural outdoor locations - we should take advantage of it. :)

Also, I'm definitely planning to host another BBQ potluck at my house again this summer. This time I will avoid falling in the creek. ;)

I love the idea of happy hours as well. The challenge is getting home after the happy hour! Maybe we could do some weekend night get togethers - go out for happy hour and dinner and maybe some dancing?

6. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    That all sounds good to me. After April 15th I will be ready to party. :D

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Just booked a hotel for Kathy, Dale, and myself for Anaheim Comic-Con & Disneyland!

8. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Did you mean to you have posted that in the comic con thread?

Well coming up in the summer, we do have Pirate fest, which is free and a few Ren Fair's too. And let us not forget, Baseball season starts soon.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    No, cuz Anaheim Con was posted in this thread. As for baseball, if I didn't already have plans after WonderCon setup, there's an Giants/A's game at AT & T Park. We could probably do one of the themed/giveaway nights.

10. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    I'm going to the pirate thing like i do every year. How about we meet up for fish and chips again matey's?

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Too bad the pirate thing isn't held on my birthday, which is "Talk Like A Pirate Day".

:-B

12. Callisto_DAerisian

May 26, 2005
    pirate day sounds like fun mateys! arrrrr [face_skull]

as for other ideas,
    Happy Hr/Dinner: there's Nightlife @ The CA Academy of Science ($10 every Thurs, adults only w/ drinking, etc.) and yes allison, dancing!
    and of course there is always the Cat Club on Thursday nights for 80s night. lots of good memories there with matt and his MJ moves!
    Hiking - Land's End

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I've heard of the Night Life event at the Academy of Sciences. That sounds like a blast. Cat Club is always fun too. The challenge for me is it being a Thurs night for either... painful when the alarm goes off for work the next morning. [face_tired] I feel old! :_| I might be able to swing it sometime when I have a Friday off, though. :)

I haven't been hiking at Land's End before. Sounds interesting.

I also recently read about a place called Huddart County Park up in San Mateo County. It sounds like it has some nice hiking and I'd love to check it out this summer. I'm also planning a trip to Butano State Park.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    From April 2 - 8, the Castro Theatre in SF will be doing a tribute to composer Lalo Schifrin, starting with THX-1138 this Friday. If I didn't already have plans that night, I would go.

But I'm going on April 8th, when they'll be showing one of my Top 5 favorite films, Enter The Dragon.

:D

Check out their schedule - pretty cool films to see on the big screen:

http://www.castrotheatre.com/p-list.html

15. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Holy crap! "The Gate!" This new print must be from the FINALLY released widescreen DVD. Classic 80''s cult horror. Heavy Metal music played backwards opens the gate to hell in kid's yard. Don't try this at home.

And a Stanley Kubrick Festival. Still a few Kubrick films I've not seen. I've yet to see Barry Lyndon, Paths of Glory, or The Killing. Wondering which cut of Eyes Wide Shut they will be screening?

16. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh - OK. was wondering if that was a go!

17. MyBlasterGoesPewPew

MyBlasterGoesPewPew Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2009
    I have just prepaid a space as a vendor in the Anaheim con in two weeks, Pasadena Con in May and SD con in July.Did not book one for June due to the camping trip.If anyone is interested or will participate in coming down to any of these let me know.I always get exhib. passes at a lower rate.
    I have one exhibitor ticket for Anaheim con left at 25 dollars for the 3 days.

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    :oops: Eva, please post under your own login.

19. Callisto_DAerisian

May 26, 2005
    rotflmao!

perhaps we can ask heli to log off too!!! :) see you guys at the con tomorrow!!!

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The Giants have some pretty cool events w/giveaways this year:

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/sf/ticketing/group_special_events.jsp

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=sf&y=2010

21. Callisto_DAerisian

May 26, 2005
    Callisto_Daerisian likes this.

Oops, wrong site. :)

Let's get it started!

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, let's do some stuff! :D I'm busy through next weekend, though.

What do we want to start with? Maybe something straightforward and easy for everyone to begin, and then work our way up from there?

23. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Sorry i have been out of touch. (((bad cr))) But as some of you know, this is a very hectic time for me. 4 more days. I will be down in Anaheim this coming weekend but maybe we can plan for something the weekend after that. If any of you have a time or event that works, feel free to go ahead a post it. Or else we could make Alison our social director, like Julie on the Love Boat. :D

24. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    all my free time is used boxing up my stuff and moving it to SF by the carload. I will be done by may 1st

25. irishjedimaster

irishjedimaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2010
    Chewy and I are, as Ice Cube said, down for whatever most weekends. It looks like we have a wealth of ideas we can mine from just these last few pages. As an aside, there is some sort of pirate...thing... coming up in late june, like a week after we get back from camping. check it out. I am not a fan of pirates, nor the lawlessness and cavorting they seem to identify with, but Im sure a few of you will be interested. Its on the Vallejo waterfront, so, you know, cuidado. If the bullets coming at you are round, then, hey! your at the festival. If not, then, well. Your probably a few streets down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.