main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Picnic

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm not paying attention again, was there any decision on location?

2. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Not till Friday.

3. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    AKAI - I just saw Gary Numan last Wed. here in DC and he *rocked the casbah* so it should be a great show! We stayed afterwards and got his autograph too.

The picnic sounds like fun - I wish I could be there! :(

Hey Robert - can I get your recipe too? I can't bring them to the picnic but I'd love to make them here! :)

4. GreytaleNovastar1138

GreytaleNovastar1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    Hi everyone... I would gladly attend, but (as usual) I am teaching classes, and continuing to prepare for the CA state fair in Sac on September 1st.

Have a great time, and I'll continue to look for openings on being able to attend more S.F.F.F. functions!

5. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    ditto...where is it?

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, as of now it looks like it's gearing towards Junipero Serra Park in San Bruno.

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I think if it took this much effort to promote this idea within the club then I really think it wasn't worth pursuing this late into summer anyway. Just like the suppose-ed camping trip, resevations and such would have to be book in early Spring at the latest for good or popular locations esp. if it's on weekends. Also, just coming back from Comic Con I think most people want to recover their budgets and such rather than extraneous commitment to buying food and transport... I personally don't care, but I can easily see how most people in the club might.

Anyway... I'll bring something and it won't be on the list.

Hey Rob, was the LOTR picnic coming up this summer too? I recall the email a few months ago but nothing since. Zim was planning it right?

8. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I dunno, it seems to me a few people just can't come because they have prior commitments and that's always gonna happen. Otherwise we have quite a few members who have signed up for bringing things. I don't think it's too unreasonable that this may not be taking place in the city of San Francisco, and I'd imagine if there are a few people who need rides all they'd have to do is ask. :)

Regardless of the turn out, I think it's a fun idea to have our meeting be a picnic while the weather is still nice!

9. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    LOTR picnic is 9/16 in Marin. I'll double check with Zim on the details, the area was free, but we don't get a grill.

I don't know what I'll bring yet.

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Speaking of rides, if anyone is coming from the south bay and would like a ride, let me know. (Kathy, I was going to see if you wanted to carpool, but it sounds like you have to leave early?)

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Actually, this picnic WAS mentioned back in one or two of one of our spring meetings. It's just that we were all so pre-occupied with Comic-Con, that it seemed to get pushed to the side. As for the other plans, like the "Endor" camping/picnic trip, a snow trip, etc., it's true those require planning months ahead of time; and sometimes events just come up, or we just don't have a place on our calendars for everything we want.

As for this meeting, it just so happens that it's a picnic setting, and we've never really had a picnic just for the SFFF. I was hoping to do one for our anniversary every year, but like I said before, that falls around Memorial Day weekend, and next year, there's C4.

I really hope more people can make it tomorrow, because we have TWO events coming up in the next few weeks, and I would like everyone's input on them. Besides, I'd personally like to meet some of the new members in person, especially before these two events.

12. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, I can't stay too long and wouldn't want to force you to pack up before you are ready to go home Alison.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, it looks like we have a winner (sorry Erick).

Here are the directions:

JUNIPERO SERRA COUNTY PARK
    1801 Crystal Springs Road
    San Bruno, CA 94066
    650-589-5708

From the North:

Take 280 SOUTH and exit CRYSTAL SPRINGS ROAD and turn right on CRYSTAL SPRINGS ROAD. PArk entrance is 1/2 mile up the road on the left.

From the South:

Take 280 NORTH and exit SAN BRUNO AVENUE, turning LEFT onto SAN BRUNO AVENUE. Go under the freeway and turn LEFT back onto 280 SOUTH. Immediately exit at CRYSTAL SPRINGS ROAD and follow directions for southbound above.

I will try to take the spot with the view (Meadow View). This is a RIGHT turn after entering the gate, and will be up the road on your LEFT.

Remember $5 per vehicle for parking.

14. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    Well, I thought I was gonna be able to make it out to the picnic, but a TON of things filled up my Saturday and now I can't go. Have fun all.

15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm in Concord, is that north or south of the park?

Erm, never mind, I'll just go to mapquest! ;)

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

Yeah, I think there was a lack of enthusiasm there too. Although it's true, we do need more of our own events that are SFFFFFFFFF.

17. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    It's funny, I thought I rememberd some of the girls thinking that the picnic sounded like a good idea! It kind of doesn't matter, since it is happening now. Yay!

- kay dee

18. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Sad :(
    I will not be able to join you this time :(
    Have fun!!!

19. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    FYI - More info on Junipero Serra Park:

http://www.bahiker.com/southbayhikes/juniperoserra.html

http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/smc/department/home/0,,5556687_12313307_12328481,00.html

EXACT LOCATION(s) Depending on what we get first:
    http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/smc/department/home/0,,5556687_11314004_11870528,00.html

OR

http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/smc/department/home/0,,5556687_11314004_11870572,00.html

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Okay, I have a silly question... [face_blush]

When is the picnic? I mean, what time are we suppose to be getting to the park? I'm guessing afternoon or lunch-ish...?

21. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
  22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, I actually posted 11 am, since I'll be there at 8 am holding the spot, and I'd like to start the meeting at 1 pm, before Kathy leaves.

23. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Ack, well I read "noonish" before going to bed last night. So since it's 10:30 now and I still have to hit the shower.... I'm gonna be there around noonish!

See ya!

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks to everyone who came out to our first SFFF picnic! Overall, a pretty good turnout, decent weather and great conversation. [face_laugh] Here's to next year, maybe on Endor? ;) Sorry to those who missed it, and the meeting. :(

25. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    I'll bring Adam to the next picnic, as long as you guys all promise he won't be on the menu! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.