main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

She Made My Bed/He Kicked My Butt--Luke/OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sock_of_Darth_Vader, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Ok, a day(or twenty) late and a dollar short. Darth Real Life's been killing me lately.
    Inspired by all the other 'He/She made my bed' fics that have been floating around the boards lately. According to Lady_Padme, anyone can write one, so here goes :)
    -------

She made my bed.

Well, technically speaking, it was Leia?s bed, but she wasn?t in it at the time. I?m pretty sure she was in Han?s, but I really don?t want to think about that.

Anyway, I had been up in the medbay. Again. Two-Onebee was not best pleased to see what I?d done to his beautiful prosthetic hand, but he was soon distracted by what had happened to the rest of me.

?Commander Skywalker, no standard human should have survived such massive electrocution!?

He seemed quite indignant?for a droid?that I was still alive and (more or less) walking. But then, I?m not quite a standard human?I?m a Jedi. I?d be dead six times over otherwise.

When eventually the med-droids quit prodding, poking and jabbing me, my feet carried me automatically to the door of Leia?s quarters. I hadn?t been assigned a bunk, thanks to my detour to see Master Yoda, and it looked like a toss-up between Leia?s couch and Wedge?s floor.

She was sharing the quarters with another Alderaanian girl. Neither of them were there when I arrived, so I sat down on Leia?s bunk to wait for her to turn up. I was very tired. I ached all over. I was?I was asleep.

It?s not a good sign when the first thought on waking is, Where am I? My confusion was only increased by the cheery voice that declared, ?Good morning!?
    Human, female, with a trace of Alderaanian accent. I unstuck my left eyelid.

Second Lieutenant Keitin Avram, all hundred-odd pounds of her, was perched on the end of my bunk.

?Graagh,? was my intelligent contribution to the conversation. I opened my other eye.

?Rise and shine, Commander. You?ll be ruining my reputation.?

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Fortunately, I was still clothed, though my boots were gone. She must have tucked me in as well, I thought, embarrassed. No one had tucked me into bed since, well, Aunt Beru. And not even then since I was twelve.

The floor, when my feet hit it, was cold enough to wake me up properly. I watched her make up the bed, small hands tucking in the blankets with neat, quick movements.

?I came to see Leia. Last night,? I explained. Keitin grinned.

?I think Captain?sorry, General?Solo has already ruined her reputation.?

She patted the blanket, a thoughtful frown between her level brows.

?I?m surprised she chose him over you, actually,? she said lightly.

Oh help. Is she flirting with me? I stretched out in the Force, but her sense was merely curious. She really wants to know. What am I going to tell her? I decided on as much of the truth as I could.

?Leia and I are?best friends. She?s like a sister to me.?

?She?s an amazing person,? Keitin commented. I nodded agreement. I?d noticed before that Keitin seemed to have what Han would call ?a bad dose of the hero-worships? for Leia.

I found my boots and sat down to put them on.
    ?If you?re going for breakfast, I wouldn?t recommend anything elaborate?the culinary droids are a bit over-excited.?

I stood up.
    ?I?m going to eat, hit the showers, and then??

I stopped. Everything I had been striving for these last months was done. Han. My father. Becoming a Jedi. What more was there?

Keitin smiled up at me. Her hair was a shade or two lighter than Leia?s, and little curls of it were coming free of her plait and falling round her ears and forehead.

?I know, it?s a bit of a shock, isn?t it? Still, we have a whole galaxy in front of us.?
    -----

'He Kicked My Butt' will follow when I have time to type it. :D

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Tee hee! That was great!

?I think Captain?sorry, General?Solo has already ruined her reputation.?

Loved that line! Great work - I'll look forward to the next part!

Shaindl

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Not bad, DV, though I did think it was strictly a Handmaiden thing. *shrugs* I guess I was wrong. Bravo!

-Emmi

4. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    I thought that too, but LadyPadme PM'd me and said it was ok, so I went for it. I don't think I've seen one of yours yet, Emmi? :D

5. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I wrote Owen/Beru He Made My Bed, and I've laid claim to Luke/Mara He Kicked My Butt. ;)

6. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
  7. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
  8. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    ?Graagh,? was my intelligent contribution to the conversation. I opened my other eye.

*still laughing*

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hey, that was nice! I liked the way 2-1B was quite indignant -- for a droid -- that Luke was still alive. And I liked Keitin, too, having a case of hero worship for Leia, but being perfectly comfortable around Luke, the hero of two great battles. I'd like to read more about her. But what really struck me was the way that Luke didn't know what he was going to do after he'd eaten and showered. After dealing with Han, Vader, saving the galaxy and becoming a Jedi ... what's left indeed?

10. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Ah, very cute. ;) I also liked how Han had - ahem - already ruined Leia's reputation. :D

Good job. :)

11. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Great! *hangs head in hands*

Will there be no end to these fics??? I blame *points finger* Oba! She was the one that first gave everyone the idea of "She made my bed", or whichever way it was around. It's your fault! Grand Masterful B-- *runs*

*returns, having put Oba to bed*

Mind, you, I'm not complaining, because they're all great fics!

And this one follows suit! Great job, Sock, well done! :D

*points at Oba again* :p

12. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, technically speaking, it was Leia?s bed, but she wasn?t in it at the time. I?m pretty sure she was in Han?s, but I really don?t want to think about that.

[face_laugh]

That was great. When's the next post?

I, too, believe that this is all oba's fault 8-}
    [threepiovoice]This is all your fault![/threepiovoice] 8-}

13. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    Thanks, guys. :Waves at all Amsie's handmaidens who've dropped by:

It's coming, crystalrain! Patience, padawan.

Jane Jinn, you may see more of her in future. [face_evil]

14. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    He kicked my butt.

Well, it was only to be expected. I mean, this is Luke Skywalker we?re talking about. Jedi Knight and Rebel hero and all that. In fact, I think he was going easy on me.

I should have known better than to challenge Luke to a sparring match. Thanks to my teenage unarmed combat training, I lasted perhaps all of thirty seconds before I found myself flat on my back, with Luke standing over me, hand outstretched.

He looks taller from down here, was my first thought. My second was, Hey, where?s the ground gone?

He hadn?t even let me fall, but was using the Force to hold me about a foot off the ground, as securely as if I?d had a repulsorlift installed in my stomach. I wriggled.

?Put me down, Luke??

He leaned over, grabbed my hands and pulled me upright, laughing a little.
    ?It wasn?t enough just to knock me down, was it, you had to show off and catch me...? I teased.

He was still holding my hands, standing very close to me. He smelt nice, not of sweat?he wasn?t even out of breath?but of soap and grass and something else, a masculine, specifically Luke smell. His eyes were very blue, and his breath was warm against my cheek. My own breath started to speed up a little.

?Would you rather I let you hit the ground??

I watched his mouth move as he spoke. He has the most gorgeous mouth?did I just think that?
    It?s not fair. No man that good-looking should have the power to sense thought. It just goes to show, the Force has a wicked sense of humour. Is he picking up on this? Oh help.

?Yes?do you think you can add insult to injury?? I answered randomly. I was totally off guard, and I was never so surprised in my life as when Luke neatly hooked my feet out from under me.

I hit the ground hard enough to knock the breath out of me. All my other emotions were swamped in humiliation.

?You ok, Keit?? Luke hovered over me, torn between amusement and contrition.

?Don?t worry, Luke. I asked for it, I really did.?

I sat up, brushing mud off my shirt. I needed to think, preferably somewhere far away from Luke and his Jedi talents.

?I?m going to walk before dinner. I?ll see you later.?

What happened back there? I can?t fall for Luke, I can?t! I think I am.

What are you so afraid of?
    The remembered voice echoed through my mind. Suddenly, I grinned.

?I?m not afraid,? I told the sky. ?Not now. Not ever again.?

And I ran in to dinner.

15. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    [face_laugh] I enjoyed reading that :D

Are you someones sock, or is that a regular user name (daft question, I know)

16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmm, that was pleasant, but to my mind, it didn't quite have the zing that the first ficlet did. Still, I did like the way that Keitin was thinking that no man that good looking should have the power to sense thought. And the way that she picked up on his masculine, distinctly Luke smell. Good detail!

17. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    2 nice little ficlets. :) Kinda liked Keit, would be good to see more of her. :)

And don't everyone blame oba. :p

18. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    No, crystalrain, I am no-one's sock but Vader's :)
    Did you ever have the ill fortune to come across a particularly abysmal series of kids' books called 'The Glove of Darth Vader'? I believe the sheer trauma of them wiped most of the details from my memory (Palpatine's three-eyed son lol--and Ken! I kid you not, a SW character named 'Ken'), but the title stuck in my head, and when I was picking a pen name...

Jane Jinn, I'm sorry that you thought part #2 lacked zing. It's quite hard to distill any humour out of that particular part of the Luke/Kaitin relationship, and to wrap it all up in a one-post is a bit rushed. :) She's an awkward girl; I have 70-odd pages stashed away somewhere, and that was only up to meeting Luke. Plus I have royally messed with her head en route. I love torturing my characters, though the feeling is mutual ;)

19. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    One last...little...up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.