main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Shindo's Music Dynasty!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shindo_Windu, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    So here we are!
    This will be the thread where you can find the scoops on the latest and greatest music in the cosmos, courtesy of yours truly.
    And yes, to be fair, I won't just do reviews and promotions of rock and metal bands, I'll do even some pop and r&b reviews, but since most of us up here are mainly rockers, I wont do those too much :)

And feel free to add your own input and opinions. It is highly encouraged.

The first band up on my list is Breaking Benjamin.
    I'm sure you've all of heard of them by now, and if not, you need to crawl out of the rock you're living under and chem them out.
    Formed in 1998 by vocalist Benjamin Burnley and drummer Jeremy Hummel, Breaking Benjamin quickly garnered a strong local following. In 1999, the band briefly renamed themselves "Plan 9." In late 2000, after various line-up changes, the band changed its name back to "Breaking Benjamin" and two friends of Burnley, Aaron Fink and Mark Klepaski, left their previous band, Lifer, and joined the ranks of Breaking Benjamin as guitarist and bassist, respectively. Lifer was a band that gained brief mainstream attention because of their part in an MTV cover band contest that resulted in a record deal with Universal Records.

So far, they've had three albums out, and they've all done very well for themselves.
    They've played with the likes of Godsmack, Evanesence, and Static X.

In Wikipedia it says they are post-grunge.........
    *sigh*
    But here, my friends, I will call them hard rock.
    Rating from 1 to 5 katanas....
    3.5 katanas

2. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    And I thought I'd put this up here. I havent really anticipated any new album of 2007, except for Five Finger Death Punch's debut release "The Way of The Fist". These guys are true metal to the core, and any fan of hard and clean vocals and top notch awesome guitar solos sould get this album. Comes out July 31st!! Check their songs they have on their Myspace page. Excellent. My favorit band of 2007 without question!

3. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    The next band I'd like to slightly promote is an awesome metal band called In This Moment. Straight out of California, headed by frontwoman Maria Brink, they combine hard intricate guitar work with blistering fierce vocals. She's an awesome singer; she can scream like a demon, and then she'll start singing out of nowhere...I'm sorry, she would KILL Amy Lee. :)
    Their debut album "Beautiful Tragedy" is everywhere. Go get it. You won't be sorry.

-Shindo Says! ^__~

4. Anguish_City

Anguish_City Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2007
    5FDP is incredible!!
    The Way of The Fist is so raw, it's real heavy metal; something we havent had in quite a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.