main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Ships and Vehicles of Ep VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by clone3131, Aug 15, 2013.

?

What ship(s) are you looking forward to seeing in VII?

1. X-WING

36 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. Falcon

42 vote(s)
    79.2%
  3. TIE Fighter

19 vote(s)
    35.8%
  4. Y WING

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. B WING

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  6. Snowspeeder

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  7. Slave I

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  8. Imperial Shuttle

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  9. Cloud City Car

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  10. Tie Bomber

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to get a good look at the cockpit of a TIE Fighter.

Dewback likes this.
  2. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I'm looking forward to seeing every ship again, to be honest. It's gotten to the point where there are so many ships between the PT-OT-EU that I don't even know what's what anymore, and the inclusion of anything will satisfy me at this point. There are a few main character ships that we've yet to see on-screen though, such as The Hound's Tooth and IG-2000. I definitely would love to see those captured on-screen. That said, the Millennium Falcon and Slave 1 are each a must, to have in the ST. Seeing those again would be amazing.

3. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I wanna see the Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy :)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I want mostly new ships, some with obvious inspirations. I expect the millenium falcon, and i think it'd be cool if Luke's x-wing showed up somehow. I also really want to see a lightsaber duel in the ruins of either a crashed Star Destroyer, or a Fallen AT-AT or even something of comparable size from the prequels.

5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    It'd be cool to see some Star Destroyer action, maybe a last segment of the Imperial Fleet. Maybe a PT-Star Destroyer or some other type of vehicle would be a nice PT-allusion. I also hope to see some new, creative vehicles we have never heard of or seen the likes of before. A new fighter, some Rebel capital ship besides the Mon Cal Cruiser, etc. Anything Imperial would be cool, also, as they have some of the most awesome ships out there. Another thing I want is some crazy, heavily armed&armored Imperial ship designed to, literally, destroy any competition on the battle field.

SkywalkerSquadron likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A PT Star Destroyer, an OT Star Destroyer and a ST Star Destroyer on the screen at one time would be awesome.

SkywalkerSquadron likes this.
  7. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Aw, yeah! And they wipe out a Rebel fleet. Totally the stuff of legend.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    For me it's got to be Slave 1 because if I see that I should see Fett as well

9. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    The Millennium Falcon and the Slave I are the ones I'd like to see most, from the list. I want to see some of the same ships we saw in the previous movies, but not too many. These are some of my favorite designs from the EU:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bobatron likes this.
  10. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I do wonder what new republic (or whatever) forces will allude to most. Will they harken back to prequal era republic designs, be more "good guy" looking versions of imperial designs, or be less cobbled together versions of rebel ships? I want a bit of all three, though the first two are pretty similar.

Also, prequel ships display their colors and faction symbols prominently, whereas OT ships rarely do. Do you think they'll be painted up?

11. tazscout97

tazscout97 Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2013
    It'd be cool to see a little bit more pod racing but NOT ON TATOOINE!! I don't even want that place in the movie!!

12. Ice Jedi

Ice Jedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    I had one and my cousin had one... so at least two.

13. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012

I had two, so we're up to four.

14. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    The Falcon is a given, we must see it.

I want to see an X-wing, but perhaps souped up a bit to be modernized.

I'm really hoping for new designs that wow us, but if I have to choose from ships from prior movies I loved the A-wing and TIE Bomber. Slave I was one of my favorites, but I'm hoping it (or more directly Boba Fett) does not make an appearance. TIEs are great, but I hope they aren't just battling an Imperial remnant. It's been 35 years, I hope the "evil" has changed.

15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    X-wing, Falcon, some kind of Star Destroyer and some kind of TIE Fighter will be in...maybe the Imperial Shuttle as well. Disney won't care about the rest, and we certainly won't see any EU ships.

16. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I wanted the heck out of one but settled on flying my hands around with my thumbs touching each other...until I bought a Vintage Collection one a few years ago.

17. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012

It is his home - and it is cool.;)

I'm hoping for a lot of new ships, speeders, etc. but there is room to mix in a variety from the other outings in the franchise

However, I would be disappointed if there was a star fighter battle for example and the Alliance (or whatever it will be, if anything) still used X-Wings as their main fighter

X-Wings are awesome but 30 years after the Second World War an individual may still have been driving the same old car but the military weren't fighting with Spitfires

stormcloud8 likes this.
  18. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

I would imagine though that the Falcon will have seen better days by now in the Saga, and will be a bit more bit up - inside and out.

I'm hoping we get to see much more of it on the inside.

19. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I had a cloud car toy as well, that makes 5.

I seem to remember the figures would not sit nicely in the cockpits?

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Technology was advancing at a very rapid pace during WW2, so designs became obsolete in short order. But now, many air forces are still flying F-15s and F-16s that were designed in the 70s. Before I retired in 2009, I was still flying combat missions in Iraq in C-130s built in 1963.

21. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012

I bow to your superior knowledge, sir ;) - and this would make sense in a galaxy trying to rebuild itself - especially if star systems are not untied as they once were which I hope is they way the go instead of a New Republic/Federation type model.

However, for aestheic's sake, I hope we get more new designs than old - the ships themselves can be old but something we haven't seen before.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    What is the top one called? What story is it from?

And what story is the Imperial gunship from?

23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That imperial gunship was from The Force Unleashed 2. The top one is a K-wing fighter.

24. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Thank you.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I picked five options but my top three would probably be TIE, X-Wing and the Falcon.