main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Should this forum have a new banner?

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by NaboosPrincess, Feb 26, 2007.

?

Should this forum have a new banner?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2007.
  1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

16.0%
  3. Whatever you say, NP

24.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I think this is pretty self-explanatory. Now, I don't know what I will do with my life if Mulder & Scully and Elizabeth Swann no longer appear at the top of the page each time I stop by this forum, but I guess that is beside the point. Vote and let your voice be heard, oh RPR denizens.

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Yes. It's always nice for a change. Today is the NSWRPF and RPRF's one year anniversary, and I would like nothing better than to see new banners as signification.

Of course, I mean no offense whatsoever towards Zebra3, as she did absolutely marvelous work on these banners. But I'd like to see something different for a change, and wouldn't mind seeing an annual RPF contest (we could make it a formal occasion... I'm looking at you, Imp).

And NP, I can totally add in Mulder, Scully, and Elizabeth. ;)

3. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Yeah, again, never liked the RPF banners. They just sucked. Bring on something better.

4. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Whatever you say Miss NP!

O:)

-I_H

5. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    I'd trade in my sexy Link, Uhura, and red-eyed chick who always makes me think of Ghostbusters for some reason, for one good Halo pic in the banner.

Or maybe if nothing changed, but every so often the Harry Potter inside the Stargate became someone/something else. :p

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I would like to see a banner with nothing but colored concept art images (no digital artwork, just old fashioned, traditional drawings and paintings done by hand). I doubt it would be very hard to find such art for a lot of franchises and genres. For real life stuff that we sometimes tend to play, just look at video games. WWII you can easily get from Medal of Honor or Call of Duty. Civil Wars (American or European), any civilization simulation/strategy game could work. Westerns you could get from Louis La'Moure[sp?] novels.

For the genres that are not franchises, simple regular artwork would be nice so long as it is hand-done and not digital.

I think having a smooth flowing banner of nothing but artwork would be nice.

7. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Do you know of any sites that have such artwork (I'm firing up Google right now, but I'm curious if you have anything specific in mind)?

8. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Are you talking about something like the Fan Art banner? I'm just trying to picture it.

9. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I got to work a while ago and this is what I've got so far. I think I'm on the right track.

10. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Change is always good and its about time to get a new banner.

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, I think it should have a new top. And I really like were your going so far with it Reynar_Tedros.

By the way when I voted I scrolled, and I think my vote poll got put in the wrong box as against. Sorry[face_worried]

12. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    I like it so far, Reynar. The only thing I recognize is Indy, though-- what are the other parts from? They're really beautiful.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm actually not quite sure, but I chose to put them on there for reasons you've already explained. I think the middle one may be from a Final Fantasy game, but I can't say for certain.

14. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    if need be, i could scan some stuff from Art of Halo and Art of ROTJ

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    More like the sample that was just put up. Think of a lot of Ralph McQuarries concept artwork for Star Wars. It was all hand painted. No Photoshop tweeking, no digital remastering. No CGI. Nothing to do with computers. Just simple oil paints, a palette and a brush. Majority of original style concept artwork lacks computer graphics tweeking. I'll hunt around looking for such work to help ya'll out.

16. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I rather like the banner, but a change of scenery is always good.

17. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    So...where did the Superhero theme come from? I like it and all, but it's a tad unexpected and arbitrary.

And I just realized the Thing is cut off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.