main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should we postpone Narnia?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by Illd_Saber, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    It appears that a few of us won't be able to make it to Narnia this weekend. Should we shoot for next weekend?

2. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    Sure, we can. But dosen't Kong come out next weekend? Maybe we could make it a double feature!

3. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    I posted the times for Narnia in the theater thread. I will wait to see it, so if anyone wants to go send me an email.

4. QCJediGal

QCJediGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2005
    As much as I'd love to go to Narnia with the group I won't have time to do so until after christmas...Working retail this time of year is horrible!
    Though I do hear the movie is wonderful.
    Though I do believe I have this Sunday off. I could go see it Sunday if anyone else would like to go that day.

5. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    I could do Sunday

6. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    I could do Sunday as well.

Afternoonish would be best ... while the kids are napping.

7. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Here are the times. If the change I will post them again. Pick a time, anytime ;)
    12:00
    12:30
    1:05
    1:35
    3:15
    3:45
    4:15
    4:45
    6:30
    7:00
    7:30
    8:00
    9:35
    10:05

8. Darrin_Sith

Darrin_Sith Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    Narnia was freaking gay! That is the only movie i have ever walked out on in my life. It was just too dumb for me to handle. The acting sucked hardcore too.

9. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    I'm having second thoughts about watching it. I had heard the acting was bad and that a few of the green screen effects were horrible.

10. Darrin_Sith

Dec 26, 2005
    i am telling you now as a good source, you aren't missing a thing if you don't go and see Narnia

11. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    Have you seen Kong? I'm hearing nothing but praise for that.

12. Darrin_Sith

Dec 26, 2005
    i have seen king kong twice, and yes it is the best movie of 2005

13. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    BLASPHEMY!! HERESY!!:eek:

Can you think of no other movie to come out 2005?;)

14. Darrin_Sith

Dec 26, 2005
    sad but true, best digital animation i have ever seen in a movie too

15. QCJediGal

QCJediGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2005
    I did enjoy King Kong it was a wonderful movie. While I will say I loved EIII and that is my favorite movie of the year, King Kong defiantly blew EIII out of the water with the digital effects. At least thats what I think

16. Jedi_Twin18th

Jedi_Twin18th Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    yeah Narnia SUCKS!!! the graphics are good don't get me wrong but it's so cheesy and childish it makes me sick. It reminds me of Harry Potter and his vibrateing broom stick.

17. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Wow, so that's what Hermoines been doing in her dorm room by herself all those nights . . .

Anyways, haven't seen Kong yet but now I definitely will. I heard it was long as hell but decent none the less. But that's just Peter Jackson for you. The man broke the edit button right off the console.

As for Narnia, I completely agree with the sentiments above. But honestly, what did you expect from Disney? They Disneyfied the whole thing. Sure they did a good job of establishing Edmund as a total **** and the "Queen" was fairly bad ass. But should a person really go to that movie cheering for the bad guy when that's not the intention?

I felt myself thinking, "oh I hope she stabs Lucy with that ice pick wand thingy."

That girl cried at everything. 'Oh Aslan is dead time to cry, oh wiat a minute, he miraculously came back, tears of joy. Oh Edmund betrayed us, waaaaa. No wait, he's back, I think I'll cry, oh my face hurts from smiling so much boo hoo hoo. Oh this is the end of my child acting career.' Now there's cause for real tears.

If they put that one in the hands of Peter Jackson the casting would be more responsible, the run time would be longer, the battle would feel more involved and no magic potion would be bringing people back from the dead like there's just no such thing as consequences. Oh, oh and they would stay adults when they went back through that wardrobe.

You better believe there'd be no Santa Claus handing out weapons to minors either. No way. If Pete Jackson were in charge of this baby, Peter would have to kill one of those annoying beavers to earn that sword and his sister would need to actually practice archery before the bow shot itself for her.

As a story it has potential but it needs to be given some creative adjustments to meet todays audience. There's just no suspense or any real reason to feel anything for anyone when the cast can't act their way out of a paper bag and every time anyone gets hurt, they are miraculously healed for some reason.

18. Darrin_Sith

Dec 26, 2005
    Narnia had nothing good in it whatsoever...it is the worst movie I have ever seen. I didn't know the movie was made by Disney either until i went and saw it. And peter jaksons edit button is awesome. I like his style..i like long movies as long as they are good. King Kong has nothing even close to boring in it. THe hole movie is really entertaining and stunning. I saw it twice already...I'll probably go see it again too.

19. Illd_Saber

May 16, 2005
    One of my coworkers fell asleep 3 times during Kong and another said it was okay, but nothing special. Yet another coworker loved it and my dad has seen it twice already. Different strokes ...

20. Jedi_Twin18th

Jun 3, 2005
    I think if you don't like King Kong you just don't like movies.

Edit:
    Ok, thank you. We understand that you did not like Narnia.

21. Jedi_Twin18th

Jun 3, 2005
    P.S. No I did not like Narnia, obviously that offends some people...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.