main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive [Sign-Ups] RPF vs. EUC Lightsaber Tournament - Contestants Announced!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    [face_laugh] I can read you mind, old man!

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Me, too.

And official statement concerning my post and the recent surge in activity concerning my post

I feel the need to adress the strange happenings of the last 24 hours. My PM box and mail account are bursting from people offering opinions or demanding statements of myself.

You guys had pushed me so far, I considered not posting anything. But that can´t be the way . . .! I haven´t joined the tournament to discuss. Therefore don´t expect me to do so.

In my following post I will assume my character is not "doomed" to be totally inactive while the Jedi takes care of his wound, leaps up and finally attacks. Under this premise I will post. This is my interpretation of the rules.

If I am wrong I´ll accept my disqualification (which I assume would follow in that case) without argument and ask all those who want to make a point out there to do the same!

This is a game. Let´s not make it anything else.

Thanks.

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    please, people, don't complain at fins. seriously, it's a game. i'm not going to. and if i'm not going to then i don't see how anyone else has the right to complain about it either.

i realized i shouldn't have posted everything i did at once. that was my mistake, and fins made me pay for it. this does not mean that i don't have a response to it. So on THAT note, leave it be people. do not attack fins for this. period. he has been completely exemplary, and i personally have no complaints about anything that has happened in this duel. if i lack said complaints, what right does anyone else have to protest something? since it does not effect them in any way, there is none. i remove that right by taking no issue with it. now leave it be.

it's up to the judges, not us, as to what was appropriate and what wasn't.

4. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    A apologize for writing my suggestions to you Fin. If was egoistic and unneccessary. While I could apoligize on the phone, I think a public one will serve the purpose much better . . .

I was obviously unaware it became a movment, but nevertheless . . . I feel keeping my mouth shut in the first place would have been better.

And I did not wanted to overshadow your duel which is fantastic . . .

On the topic . . . *insert silence*

;)

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh fins? just wanted to publicly state that i have had a lot of fun doing this with you, possibly more than i ever have during a duel and definitely qualifies as one of my top five favorite experiences in the RPF.

thank you for helping me to have such a good time with this. and i would note, you have earned my respect even more than you already had throughout this.

*bows*

EDIT

oh, and if you're where he did get that idea lordt? i have no issue with it. whatsoever. you have no need to have apologized in my book.

6. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Nono, I have talked to him about something . . . tourney related. I wouldn´t advice Fin on strategy when itcomes to RPing, for he is by far superior to me, there . . . o_O

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    ah. i see. still, no harm no foul so far as i can see. but not being privy to what it is i can't say definitively.

you're a good man lordt. i'm glad to call you my friend.

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Yeah.

Sure.

[face_laugh]

LordT, you are always welcome. Don´t worry. It wasn´t meant for you.

And I know what you mean, Trimaj. It was a great joy and experience for me, too. An excellent duel between to unusual foes . . . and a pleasure to read your posts . . . I actually liked your guy and hate mine for trying to kill you :p

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    lol. true that fins. i don't think i've ever seen to characters so utterly different, yet tied together in so common a fashion. it was... quite interesting. shame we won't get to explore it anymore.

*grins* it was a pleasure to read yours as well. you showed yet again why you're one of the stars of the RPF, whether or not you want to be one my friend.

by the by, there is another post up. i'm going over it for errors, but i didn't really notice any in a skim over. other than forgetting to tag the judges in the current situation.

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Truly a duel of RPing giants. I must say I deeply regret you two met in the first round . . . great posts. I think I´ll pick my Summer Award Nomination from them . . . just hard to decide which . . .

And my PM to you was nothing but romantic, Fin. So if you complain . . . :mad::p

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    and i did find a few things that needed fixing. bah. oh well, it's fixed now.

yea sirak... i kinda wish we'd met in the second round myself, or that it could have been just me and him going for the win because that... *shakes head* i'm not gonna say anything because it will sound like i'm being prideful or have an inflated ego. but i think it speaks for itself.

agreed sirak. my best post is coming from fins in that duel. simply amazing stuff.

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, it is over . . . what a duel. I am sorry I had no time to do my own "black out" post, which would have concluded it in a perfect draw, but Trim´s last word made it a perfect thing . . . I wouldn´t be surprised if a few people would take your posts to nom them, Trim.

Now let´s wait for the judges. Good luck Trim. If I make it, I will regret you didn´t.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    congratulations fins. it was an honor to duel with you.

if anyone has a dissenting opinion, i thank you for your thoughts, but please keep them to yourself. do not let this become a point of contention between anyone.

14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I have won? Wow. Actually from Trim´s quality I deduced I did not stand a chance. Thanks, Trim. Thanks judges for your confidence in me. And actually I really enjoy everybody liked the read. When I signed up I did so with great doubts I would enjoy this . . . but I thought in my GM days I rarely get the chance for a good duel so why not . . .

And now I must say thanks to you Trim I had great fun . . . great fun . . .

The upside is obviously I get more of it with Mitth . . . another dream to duel with. The downside is, I won´t get more of this broken Jedi who moves so fast . . .

*jumps into Lorn personality* Next? Ah . . . MITH! *grins*

I am looking forward to the next duel. RPF vs. EUC is even now, I´d say . . .

Master-of-Evil vs. Tee? *sits down* Should be interesting. :D

15. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Oh Fin, congrats. People can´t resist that badguy image of yours, can they? And I am sorry I have to see Trim go . . . but two go in and only one comes out . . . as tina turner used to say . . . :p

16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ´grat Fin. Actually I would love to see these two in a game. Maybe the new Abyverse wave gives you two the oportunity for a refight inside of a real plot. I´d lurk it any day. :p

Great job Trim. I agree with the trio of judges on one thing totally. It was a hard decision they had to do . . . actually based on taste, probably.

I liked the second saber surprise move of Fin and how Trim reacted to it, by loosing a part of his hand. I really did. Just to highlight my fav moment of the tourney, so far . . . :)

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Congratulations to both of you, hears to the first pairing to actually make the third judge come out of hiding to resolve a split decision! Hear, Hear!!

Though my fears are now realized in having to duel a xenopsychopathic nihilist with revelation issues, I enjoyed reading it immensely and look forward to our clash Fins.

As for the PM issue, I got none[face_worried] Although for some reason I kept thinking Fins character was going to speak like Jack Nicolson from a Few Good Men if properly provoked. Had myself in stitches waiting to see if it might happen.:p

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Congratulations Fin!

We'll be sorting out the next duel shortly! :D

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Second time I hear it . . . well, so far nobody has heard me speaking, so the Jack Nicholson voice could be in there :p It will be fun, Mitt. I am sure of it . . .

Thanks for the congrats, pmwise and here. :)

20. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Is the tourney on hiatus? And is everything sorted out? Sorry for breaking the silence but I feel some people want to know what has come out of the confusion of the last few days and actually . . . everybody seems to know, anyway.

Guess I am not spilling secrets when telling people it wasn´t as silent as this thread appears to be.

21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I am oblivious to the drama, didn't know anything was happening behind the scenes. :p

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Why not keep it that way then. Let´s roleplay again. o_O

23. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    ~lowers fins eyebrow~

Agreed, when is the next round planned to start anyway?

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    *wonders who is playing with his brows*

Think it should go up soon. My weekend-trip has disturbed the schedule, I am afraid. [face_worried]

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    nothing to see here... move along... judgments hit things on the head very well.

again, i'll ask that any complaints be kept to yourself, because the long and short of things is i was out role played, and i actually have a theory i'm going to be writing up as a result of this.;)

next duel starts when? monday maybe? hopefully?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.