main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Silly predictions for Episode 2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Swiski66, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swiski66

Swiski66 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    OK. Time to add some fun to this forum. I know everyone's depressed because Episode 2 has come and gone, but time travel in your mind...say...one year ago, before any plot info was released. What predictions did you have for Episode 2 or events that you expected to happen in the movie but didn't? Were you on the money with some predictions or were you way off? Here's an example: Lucas likes to borrow ideas from history or mythology. There are 12 members of the Jedi Council. In the bible there were 12 apostles who followed Jesus and one was Judas. My silly prediction was that one of the Council members would be a traitor and aid Palpatine in the early stages of destroying the Jedi. I put this info together before I knew anything about Count Dooku's role. I read somewhere that Ki Adi Mundi had a binary brain, so for some reason I thought he would have developed a split personality too and perhaps turn on the Jedi. Pretty silly, huh?

2. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I didn't have a silly prediction, as much as a silly wish a couple years back: I prayed that George would drop Natalie in favor of a better actress!

[ducks from the rotten tomatoes...]

... ok, I'll go back to my room now...

I'm sorry!--You all know I couldn't keep my mouth shut on that one! ;)

3. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Well... I'm not sure I had many predictions. I thought Jango would be killed, and he's probably not rubbing dirt on that wound and getting back up. Then again, I also predicted Boba's mom would be killed, when in fact his mother was a beaker. Oh, I did think the clone troopers were going to be bad guys until I saw a puzzle at Walmart that was called "heroes" and it had a clone trooper in the montage. I thought Jar Jar would die a horrible, horrible death, like something that even I wouldn't do in GTA3... wait, that was a hope, not a prediction. And I thought more Jedi, or at least more Jedi with names, would be killed.

4. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I'll admit that I was all for Jar Jar biting the dust, too. I was disappointed in the fact that he came back as a Sentor's Aide...even if, in the metaphorical sense, he got thrown under the wheels of the bus in the end.

5. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I pray that the yo-yo NSync jedis were killed in the Geonosis fracas. I suppose Britney will show up in EP3 as a dark jedi, striking down Justin in a climactic Pepsi-product-placement finale. She will then turn Hayden to the darkside with her promises of limitless power and belly button rings.

6. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
  7. Red05

Red05 Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2002
    About a month before Ep 2 came out, I thought about the Death Star and hoped it come into play in the movie. I'm glad it did.

8. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    i remember hearing, or perhaps it was just a product of my imagination, that there were to be armies of mandalorian warriors. I suppose this was true in the sense that the clone troopers we're cloned from jango fett but i was hoping for more mandalorian screen time.

also i thought that the clone war would be in full swing 5min after the opening credits and darth vader would grace the silver screen towards the end of the movie. with the movie ending as the republic is about to crumble and darth vader beginning his quest to destroy the jedi.

oh how i miss the anticipation of AOTC.

-mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.