main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Site updates and changes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, Jul 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Recently, some may have noticed the site has been unavailable at times. This should happen a bit less frequently now. The host was upgrading the servers.

Please use www.SWNYC.com as your main link. Mainly because you will not get the annoying pop-up ad :)

I am in the process of adding a classified ad section through Bravenet. Hopefully this will be a place for local collectors to buy/sell/trade merchandise. For now it is located on the INN page of the site, but Watto's Shop will most likely get it's own page soon. Also, I would like an idea of how many out there would be interested in using this area of the site to buy/sell/trade please. Responses can be posted here or e-mailed. Thanks!

The requests fo pictures from meetings promt me to ask that one attendee volunteer to be the photographer for the larger events. I would but unless you want all subjects photographed to ressemble the Headless Horseman, I vote for whoever else wants the job.

Ok, that's enough rambling for now. thnaks for listening!

2. nycdexter

nycdexter Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2001
    umm... I've been doing the snapping for the first two events, I'd be happy to volunteer to do it "officially".

My only caveat is that since I still prefer film, it takes me two or three weeks to get them posted (actually, the delay isn't in the film processing, it is me making them pretty for presentation ;))

But I plan to be at most, if not all, of the events, a "backup" wouldn't be a bad idea in case I have to miss a few though.

You can see my "resume" here: http://www.idexter.com/misc/fanforce/ ;)

I'm looking at a nice electronic flash as my next toy, the BMA pics came out pretty nice but there are some pretty harsh shadows from the built-in flash. I'll have the BMA photos posted pretty soon and I'll post the link on this board as well as at Starwarsnyc.com

3. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Thanks much Dave!

(he takes GREAT pics!)

4. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I have some pics, not very good ones. My only problem is I do not have the space anywhere on the web to post them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.