main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Princess Leia Slave Bikini

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Paradoxigirl, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    I think pantyhose would look fine as long as it's not the horrible super cheap quality and as long as it matches your skin tone well...
    you can also try out some make-ups to cover stretch marks

2. tangledecho235

tangledecho235 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Well, I guess this is a stupid question but I need opinions. I'm about to buy the skeleton to the bikini for like 300.. and basically add on the rest..and make my own chain and really..tweak it.
    The thing is i'm buying the costume for my boyfriend/fiance. He's really into Star Wars and I've given him a lot of crap for it, because I'm a bad person and the whole idea was just a little hard to adjust to for a while. However, I'm over that crap and I wanted to say so by buying a bikini and well... and possibly wearing it to a dvd release party or something... who knows.

Is this a good idea to go behind his back and do this... I mean will he enjoy it or think im invading his space. He's started dissociating me from that part of his life and I want to show him I care.. Oh boy. Just any answer would really help.

3. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I would love it if a girl did that for me. [face_dancing]

4. Phayze

Phayze Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 2004
    I agree with Villie - it would be quite a gesture to show him that you care about his interests with something like a metal bikini. I'm certain that he'll apreciate it . . . immensely. ;)

5. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    aww that's uber thoughtful...

I don't know if I'd spend $300 on just the skeleton and then even more for the rest (on the other hand I don't know how much they usually cost to make).

6. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    I think it's kinda sweet too. Hell, I'd do it 'cept right now no one wants to see me in a bikini. . .maybe after I've lost another 25 pounds or so :)

7. tangledecho235

tangledecho235 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    A big thanks to all of you. I think I'll continue with my ideas. I was really worried he'd think I was stupid or something but you've all made me feel better about it. Really. Thank you all.

8. fthcolumn

fthcolumn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Hey everyone,

I've arranged for a great photographer to take a group pic of all the
    metal bikini girls at DragonCon 2005. It will be a great way for those
    who didn't make it to the Celebration 3 shoot to have second chance
    (after all, this is still the year of the "Sith"). Anyway, here's
    where we will meet.....

2pm
    Saturday
    Rebel Legion Booth (located in the room with all the other non-
    profit, club stuff)

...from there we'll march over to whatever background will work
    best. I hope everyone can make it!

If anyone has any questions, let me know!

Jamin

webmaster

Leia's Metal Bikini
    www.leiasmetalbikini.com
    webmaster@leiasmetalbikini.com

9. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Unlocked for recent query. :)

10. Twilekgirl

Twilekgirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2004
    Thanks so much Sister Sola! [face_peace]

11. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Twilekgirl, you're working on a Sleia as well? I (almost) thought I would be the only one working on it, because it's so hard to find information of it. ;)

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hard to find information?? :p

www.leiasmetalbikini.com

13. Twilekgirl

Jan 20, 2004
    Yeah, I'm going to be working on this one little by little. I'm going to try to get myself into shape in time to wear it to DragonCon '08. And Miana Kenobi is right....the best information out there on this costume is the leia's metal bikini website.

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Miana, I was at their site and it's a good start, but I couldn't find any information about how to do everything on your own. So I set up my own plan and I hope it works out. It has to, because I want to finish it until the middle of March. So there's not much time left. ;)

Getting in shape? Mhm... maybe a good idea... *eats some M&Ms* :p

When is the DragonCon?

15. Twilekgirl

Jan 20, 2004
    Here it is:Dragon*Con

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks! :)

Then you have lots of time left! I hope you have started already, so you don't get under time pressure like I am right now. :p

17. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    its very hard to find any information on how to make this costume.

i used sintra to make the plates for the front and back of the skirt as well as the head pieces. then i just used puffy paint to draw the detailing onto it. i used electircal wire to make the bra and the armband and used shower curtain rings for the collar

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    What's 'sintra'? And what's 'puffy paint'? Could you post a pic, please? Because there might be another name for it in Germany. :)

I tried it with wire, but it helps only half the way, because I wanted to put latex around it. Now I'm trying another way...

The shower curtain rings is a cool idea. But I don't think I'll go with that 'necklace'. ;)

19. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
  20. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    sintra is a type of plastic generally used to make signs, it can be shaped when heated up in boiling water, might be easiest to try calling some plastic suppliers in your area they might have some.

puffy paint, is a three dimensional paint as seen here

21. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Sintra is a common name here in the States... it is basically a plastic known as Expanded PVC.

-Bill

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, StormtrooperPrincess! :)
    Especially for the second link, because I didn't know that one. I found the first one some weeks ago and even tried to join their group, but I never got an answer from them. :(

Is Sintra still flexible when heated up? Or is it easy to break? That would might be an idea, if my first try doesn't work out. :)

23. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I just had a photoshoot with this costume a few weeks ago in Central park :) I got this in April (from www.leiasmetalbikini.com) for NYCC and LOVE it. I covered a pair of thirft store boots with faux suede and made the skirt panels. I also realized that it can get quite cold while wearing pretty much nothing at all, so I set out to make a modesty robe that would still show off the costume while covering me up (I had seen one I liked and used it as inspiration). The vibro ax in the photos is not mine, I borrowed it from a friend :)
    http://imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/slaveleia

Photo Shoot (Photos by David Ng of www.ng-master.com)
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/slaveleia/large/Waiting%20in%20the%20Corridor.jpg]

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/slaveleia/large/Slave%20in%20a%20Palace%2003.jpg]

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/slaveleia/large/Where%20is%20he.jpg]

Modesty Robe...
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/slaveleia/large/IMG_88621.JPG] [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/slaveleia/large/IMG_88641.JPG] [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/slaveleia/large/IMG_8863.JPG]

24. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Those are fantastic pictures, and I love the cut of the modesty robe. Looks great :)

25. victorian-tea-rose

victorian-tea-rose Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2008
    Great idea on the modesty robe. The costume looks really nice on you. I wish I had a more Leila-like body and could wear it. Sadly, I do not and therefore will spare the masses the sight of my wiggly tummy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.