main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio *snapp-hiss* Ahhhhh! I LOVE the new FX sabers!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MaverickJedi, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaverickJedi

MaverickJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2004
    Okay, so I admit it.

I came home from work this evening to a UPS package waiting for me - the new Luke Skywalker FX saber from Master Replicas. And it ROCKS!!!

Am I the only 24 year old here THIS EASILY AMUSED?!

2. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Nice!

FYI, I have a birthday coming up and would love an FX saber... ;)

3. MaverickJedi

Apr 11, 2004
    Tobey, when's your b-day? Are we May babies together?

Clickie the squished image for a nice pic:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/TheMavsta/Journal/RIGHTSIZE.jpg]

4. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I'll be hitting the big 3-0 at the end of the month. Sorry, can't be more specific than that. :p

5. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I got a Vader FX for Christmas. I LOVE it! Just wish it was blue instead of red to go with my costume, but hey, I just keep it turned off and tell them its a white blade. But when I'm not in costume, I love to play! I love the way the light travels up and down it when you power on/off

6. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I treasure my Parks sabers for their accuracy and their durability.
    But I do think that the effects of the FX sabers are cool. I'm just such a clutz that I know that if I got one, it wouldn't be cool for long. :eek:

You should have seen the Master Replicas Jedi vs. Sith duel at C3, Mav. It was truly awesome! They used actual FX sabers and duelled with them--the only effects were from the sabers themselves.

I do find the blue to be too blue, though. The red is very accurate--more so than the "red" blades that Parks uses.

7. MaverickJedi

Apr 11, 2004
    Interesting that you brought that up, Jade. I actually got the new FX saber because it was so blue. I always thought, growing up, that if I were a Jedi, my blade would be that color. I guess some of us never get past our dreams as a 5 year old, hehe. And who to say that this is bad? ;)

And am I totally missing the boat on thses "Parks" sabers? I'm not familiar. Enlighten me, please? *looks sheepish*

8. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm glad that you like the color :D
    Personally, I like the blue-white of Luke's saber in the original version of ANH. But now Lucas has changed it to prequel blue. :rolleyes:

Parks is a maker of elecro-luminescent sabers with blades. I have an ESB Luke and a Mara Jade. He has excellent craftmanship. Its all metal. No plastic-like feel to them at all.
    He is the one that Decipher went to and asked to make the official Mara Jade saber. So I am proud to have a replica :D The durability is really good. And the quality of the sabers are excellent. Parks and his staff are also very good on customer service.

A couple of problems, though. There is no fun extras like the sound or the power up/down effect. Parks is also much more expensive. But the blades are detachable which is a big bonus. At C3 I wore the hilt more often than I carried the full sabers. ;)

9. MaverickJedi

Apr 11, 2004
    Sounds like a fair trade-off, in the respect that I might trade the nifty power-up/power-down and sound effects to be able to take the dang thing apart. Why Master Replicas did not think of this, I just do not know. I guess they probably had their reasons. *shrugs*

Someone told me today that the guy who owns Parks is a devout Christian, too. I'm not about to drop another $100+ on a saber right NOW, but I may seriously get another in the near future, and I'd seriously like a detachable blade. Do you have a link to a site or online shop that carries these?

10. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
  11. MaverickJedi

Apr 11, 2004
    Why thank you Moff D :D

12. Fitzhume

Fitzhume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Those Park sabers are really sharp. But due to money constraints I got 2 FX sabers which are on the wall above my TV in the living room. I guess it was the "Kidd" ;) in me that wanted the sound effects 1st. Think I'm going to start on my saber collection soon and probably will go to the Park name for an easier display due to the detatchable blade.

13. MaverickJedi

Apr 11, 2004
    Yeah, that is the main problem in displaying the FX sabers. I love my new Luke saber and it looks (and sounds) awesome when it's in use. But just sitting in my room it looks, well, less than stellar.

I think I'm going to have to seriously consider a Parks saber in the future just so I can detach the blade and make a nice display piece out of the hilt.

14. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Actually, MR is planning on making an FX saber with a detachable hilt sometime in the relatively neer future--perhaps the fall?

I think I'm going to hold out until then to pick up a Darth Vader one. I really would like a Vader saber. :)

15. MaverickJedi

Apr 11, 2004
    Vader saber? Oooh man. Time for a pic!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/TheMavsta/Journal/NewPix005.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.