main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social vs. Thread: Social Thread v9.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    No, I've seen the entire new series, but I've always felt as though I started in the middle, even though they made so that you didn't have to see the old show. I watched the first story arch, (first four episodes), last night... Twas interesting...

On an unrelated note, I'm going to be starting a web series called "Short Film Fridays". Simply put, every Friday, there'll be a new episode, where I introduce five short films I found online, and link over to them.

Basically, I've owned my studio domain for about three years, and had the website running since April, but haven't had anything to put on it, due to the fact that nobody I know is willing to help with short films, even when I try to work around their schedules. So, in a despite attempt to have a project up, I came up with this scheme... First episode is scheduled for next Friday, the 14th.

2. JCaauwe

JCaauwe Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2012
    I suggest starting when they did a semi-reboot in 2005. With the 9th Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) When I say reboot, I mean they restarted the numbering in seasons. Then I'd go back and watch the old stuff.

Also, I'd be really interested in that short film idea, Henri 2.0 is a good one I backed on Kickstarter.

3. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Yeah, but like I said, I've already seen all the episodes of the new series, ('05 onwards).

4. JCaauwe

JCaauwe Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2012
    OH! I thought you meant the most recent. XD

5. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
  6. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Dallas is a 3days, 20hour commute for me... (no car)... With a car, it's five hours. Eight if I attempt to cut through Austin, and not take back water country roads around it.

7. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    So, today, a few friends and I are playing this. Thought it was interesting sounding, might be fun. Will update later on if it was actually worth the time.

8. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    Holy cow. Nice to see this place is still alive!

SB

9. Robi-Wan

Robi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2006
    Oh, hey, wow! Nice to see the new forum. Haven't checked in for a while. Nice to see everything is still running!

10. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Okay, so, what's everybody been up to in the intervening half year? Anything cool and exciting?

For my part, I've been working with a local videographer called Bigler Productions working on wedding videos, both assisting on shoots and being the lead editor, from the full wedding down to the highlight that goes on the webpage. It's a lot of fun; though to some extent weddings can be pretty formulaic, it's really fun seeing everybody on their special day and working to bring out their personalities in the videos.

11. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Continuing to write short stories for the Kindle (wrapping up the yearlong experiment at the end of this, well, year).

Shooting a narrative-and-documentary comedy-drama hybrid next month.

Still editing crap for money.

Rick McCallum loves you!

12. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Tragedy strikes as the beloved "Read this before posting a new thread. Not kidding." thread, the best thread ever, was half-eaten in the move.

I've tried to patch it up best I can but I suspect that we may just need to wait for annoying repetitive threads to re-salt the forums, as used to happen in the bad old days, before I realize, "Wait, THAT was what we were trying to avoid." :p

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
  14. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Well, I'm officially annoyed...

I used squarespace to make a new design for my site. Got it looking good, had a splash page set up and everything, and linked it over to my domain, under the impression from their videos and such, that if I had a domain payed for through elsewhere, they didn't charge for the site... But they still do... Weebly just doesn't look professional enough...

Anyone know of another site that allows me to do the same thing, (make the site, and link it to a purchased domain), but doesn't charge?

15. ShadowDuelist

ShadowDuelist Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2006
    I've had the last post in that thread for the last 5 years, and then we move and it becomes unlocked and now I'm not anymore. Feels weird man.

16. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
  17. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
  18. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
  19. Penitio

Penitio Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2002
    Anyone see this yet?

20. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Yesss my fiancee posted it this morning. I hope he's able to keep working on it and finishing it - consider that the sound effects in this are fan added from a (pretty large) stock library.

21. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    I'm back.
    (And like Arnie, i'm older, no longer work in the industry, and will probably make a lot of bad cameos)

[​IMG]

Boter, Penitio and Sith-Man like this.
  22. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    So... I'm American. Born and raised. However, I have done voice work in the past, and have a boat load of different voices I can do. Well, most of the time, when I think, it's either with a British accent, or in an epic voice over voice.

Well, it's gotten to the point where I actually have to consciously force myself into an American accent when I talk out loud... Odd, no?

23. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    The big question, of course, is this: is your American accent the right region? Are you in Boston and your forced American accent sounds more Long Island? This is important.

24. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Well, I live in South Texas, but no, I don't have a Texas American accent... Don't think I have one at all, just plain American, (if their is such a thing)...

In other news, between this weeks episodes of Warehouse 13, The Clone Wars, and Doctor Who, I am emotionally drained... Not as much for Who, since I was expecting it, but after the end of this weeks W13 episode, I sat there staring at the tv for fifteen minutes... I mean wow. lol

And I thought the season opener for The Clone Wars was amazing. I don't care what you guys say. lol

25. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Hooray the boards are back (apparently somewhat recently)! Hello all. and I am from Long Island, where can I hear this "long island accent" audio for my judging.