main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social vs. Thread: Social Thread v9.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Aug 24, 2011.

1. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I didn't even realize we knew what the Massassi looked like. All I knew was the temples on Yavin IV.

So, neat. lol.

2. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    So this place is quiet for now, but I have the feeling that it's gonna pick up here next year when Episode VII's production is in full swing...

3. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Just thought I'd share this. A few friends and I play an rpg called Shadowrun. Well, due to my knowledge of Photoshop, and free time, I am often given photos with the task of editing them to work for a photo of one of the various characters. This here was the one I did this weekend, thought I'd see if I could get some feedback on here. It's nothing major, but still.

The original picture is from the show Continuum.
    [​IMG]

And here's the final product.

[​IMG]

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Pretty much my sentiments.

Rick McCallum loves you!

5. DarkEnder

DarkEnder Jedi Master star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    Hello Fan Films forum, I thought I'd stop by and say hello. Nice to see the forum is still alive!

6. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Fellow TFn'er Boter and I re-united once more...

To make lunch.

7. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    What's up all, how's everyone been?

So, I finally got to watch the 4 episode finale for Clone Wars. I waited till all 4 came out, because I didn't want to be left with a cliffhanger each week. lol The word "amazing" doesn't describe it for me. I mean, I feel like I should put on a hat, just so it can go off for the team behind the show, and to the writer of that arc. Second episode in the arc actually had a scene in it that, in my opinion, was some of the best acting in the sagas history. It really has been worth sitting through the crap episodes, just to get to the point they're at now.

In other news, today, I updated www.MonkeyHeadStudios.com with a new site layout. Not the most fancy thing, but it's a heck of a lot better than how it was before. I'd be interested in hearing ideas on how to approve, (other than to get some movies onto the "movies" page. lol)

8. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    In the second ep., what scene are you talking about?

9. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    In the pipe before she jumped.

10. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Again, my opinion. I loved them, and thought that scene had great acting, both voice, and the animation.

11. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Don't worry. I'm in the same boat sort of. I only have one short film in my "Short Films" page.

12. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Well, I'm planning on getting a couple up this summer, ending the year out with the extended version of the LCC entry.

13. StickGuy

StickGuy Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2013
    Just a cheesy action short that me and three friends put together over a couple weekends.

14. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Managed to get a 10X20 foot green screen on Amazon for $38 with free two day shipping. Should be here Tuesday. I wanted to get one in general for future use, but it's the LCC that inspired me to actually get it now. lol

Just need to build the frame.

15. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    So... Green Screen came in. I'm very pleased with it. Now all I need to do is build a portable frame to support a 10X20 ft screen... Got a good design in mind, just have to wait for the money.

16. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    I also noticed that the list price for it was $400... I got it for $38...

R2-DK likes this.
  17. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
  18. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    same

19. Robi-Wan

Robi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2006
    I just realized I've been here for 7 years and never shot a lightsaber fight. That is to say; I did shoot one about 90% rough-ish 4-5 years ago I believe but it never even got to post. Such a shame the tapes (that's right, tapes) got lost. At least I made a heck of a bunch of lightsaber pictures. I think the closest I ever were was with this short I rotoscoped and did the sound for practice featuring Ben McEwan (forgot his username) who's lurking around here somewhere:

EDIT: Omg, YouTube videos are integrated now. I feel so old.

20. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    So do you guys think with a new Star Wars film coming out sometime in the next couple years, we will see a new wave of Star Wars fan films and a revival of these forums?

21. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    That'd be kinda cool, I think. Though, the new wave of new peeps asking the same 'ol questions will be somewhat annoying...

In other news, yesterday, I discovered the Kessler Cinedrive... So needless to say, my current obsession is figuring out how to build my own programmable motion control camera rig... I got a fun shot that would be cool to do in my LCC entry, but it wouldn't really be possible without a programed rig. lol

22. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Google, "Scotland's National Animal"...

23. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
  24. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    That is very well written Adam! Spot on!

25. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    I missed you guys!