main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South African views on AotC?

Discussion in 'Archive: South Africa' started by HappyPlace, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyPlace

HappyPlace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    Hi!

Just wanted to get some reviews from the South Africans around here about the movie.

Personally, I loved it. I was not too impressed with TPM, mostly because I couldn't really relate to any of the characters. However, AotC was so much better. I would rate it the 3rd best SW movie. I have to add that particularly the love story scenes were incredible when watching it the second time. The first time the dialogue distracted me.

I think all around, the acting was better. Ewan seemed more at ease and Hayden just shines. I think GL picked the right man for the job. I know this has been a debate, but I saw muchos chemistry between him and Natalie. I loved the increased use of Yoda (even in CGI form) and the Kamino planet stuff was amazing.

All in all, an episode in the SW universe I truly enjoyed.

2. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I loved the movie, loved TPM as well - after all it is Star Wars!!

I don't think Hayden was the best choice for the role of Anakin. I don't think he can act well enough to pull the part off.

The only thing I didn't like was that they made Obi-Wan seem incompetant. Anakin talking about how he saved his life because they fell into some kind of nest, Obi-Wan not being able to figure out someone erased Kamino from the records but a 8 year old could. Obi-Wan not lasting 2 minutes in a duel with an 80 year old, while 10 years previously, as a padawan he chopped up a sith who had killed a jedi master.

Overall though, the movie was still one of my favourite Star Wars, I'd definately rank it above TPM and ANH.

3. cosa_nostra

cosa_nostra Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    AOTC was awsome, definitely one of my favorites.

Mace Windu is the coolest Jedi :cool: and Yoda shows why he is the Jedi Master.

I can't wait for Episode III.

4. FireAndGold

FireAndGold Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2001
    I AotC. I think it's definitely better than Episode I; the story's a whole lot more entwined and interesting, plus I think the detail was also a lot finer. Personally, I don't like comparing the OT to the prequels, but it was one of the better Star Wars movies. (Not that I hate any of them.)

IMO, Natalie's acting was better, and Ewan would have been just as good in TPM, had he had a bigger part. Hayden was okay.

Can't wait for Attack of the Clones to come out on video/DVD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.