main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN South Bend's version of a Shameless plug

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Apr 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Hey everybody! Check out our website at http://www.SlaveI.com

FREE BEER!

2. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Okay, I looked! Where's da beer?!

P.S. Any women in South Bend? ;)

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Would you hang around there with those kooks (if you weren't already married to one)? ;)

4. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Well... they did have Papa John's pizza and Coke... so maybe! :D

5. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Papa John's? Yuck!!!! Then again - we're talking SB & Mnpls. Haven't had a good pizza in either city.

6. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    If you want decent pizza, you'll have to head back to Chicago again. :D We've got a shindig coming up on June 2. :)

Phil

7. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I still have never had the pizza I missed in November at WindyCon!

8. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    It ain't everything it's cracked up to be. I've eaten at quite a few of Chicago's pizza houses, and they weren't that much different than some of our local Chicago-style pizza joints. Most of them are enjoyed because of the atmosphere and the dinning experience.

Besides, you can't get a better deal than Papa Johns at any Chicago pizza place. And I like their sauce. Oh, and they give you free garlic butter and pepperchini's :D Oh, and, if you get the thin crust, you get special seasoning! That's the best :D

9. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    While the Chicago pizza I had was definately very good and there's a much bigger variety to choose from, I also must admit that I love that garlic butter Papa John's gives you. Especially when the crust is my favorite part of the pizza.

10. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    Bruno's pizza is very good if you like huge chunks of sausage and pepperoni. Another good one is Saylors downtown. It is rumored they make thier own sausage.

As far as big chain pizza joints, I would have to give it to PapaJohns.

We are also addicts of Dr.Pepper in SouthBend. Maybe we could get a sponsor.....hmmmmm

11. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    That pizza at WindyCon - crap. I hate Pizzeria Uno. Plus did anyone see that flamer food critic on channel 7 talk about Lou Malnati's being the best pizza? PLEASE - that stuff is worse than Uno.

Umm....wait. This is Mnpls. I guess none of you did see that. Anyway - best pizza in Chicago. Tough call. I go with Phil's in Bridgeview (carry out place) or Palermo's in Oak Lawn, though I think sometimes they use too much sauce.

And Mav - there used to be this place in Worth that had garlic french fries. OH BABY!!! Fantastic. And, if you swung by your local place of denomination, the pastor could wave his hand and make them fat free. Honest. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.