main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SpoCon 2008 Guest of Honor Announced!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Tri-Cities, WA' started by JarusSarn, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Hey guys, just thought I'd swing by and share the latest SpoCon press release. We've got Timothy Zahn coming as our GOH, we're all really excited. The con will be August 1-3 of 2008, $25 prereg, $35 at the door, rooms will be $40 a night. We'll also have fan tables, I can get you in contact with the appropriate people if you're interested.

(Spokane, WA) August 15, 2007 ? The SpoCon 2008 Convention Committee is pleased to announce world famous author Timothy Zahn as the 2008 Guest of Honor for SpoCon. Mr. Zahn is well known for his precise writing style, often focusing on the logic of his characters over their feelings.

Mr. Zahn is well known for his novels set in the Star Wars Expanded Universe and for the creation of the Imperial character Grand Admiral Thrawn, as well as the smuggler Talon Karrde and the Imperial assassin Mara Jade. Zahn?s characters have become some of the most well-loved of the Expanded Universe.

In addition to his numerous Star Wars writing credits, Mr. Zahn has written the Dragonback young-adult science-fiction series and the popular Conqueror?s Trilogy, he also won a Hugo award in 1984 for his novella Cascade Point. Mr. Zahn has been writing professionally since 1979.

Mr. Zahn is incredibly well-loved in the science-fiction/fantasy community and Spokane will welcome him with open arms in August 2008. More information about Timothy Zahn can be found on the SpoCon website at www.spocon.us under the ?Guests? section.

About SpoCon

SpoCon is Spokane?s local non-profit science-fiction and fantasy convention. Typically referred to as a ?full spectrum? convention, SpoCon will offer everything from Literary discussions to Table-top gaming to Computer gaming and anything and everything in between. SpoCon is about promoting unity among fans of science-fiction and fantasy and all of those fan?s various hobbies and past-times. SpoCon will be donating to local Literacy charities to help keep children reading and expanding their imaginations. SpoCon is planned for August 1-3, 2008. For more information visit www.spocon.us

2. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    I was wondering when you would get around to posting something like this John :p

I am hoping I can make it up there for that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.