main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary *Spoiler* E3 discussion

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by darth-paul-, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Things you loved and hated about E3. Also thoughts and views.

Did Palps fake being defeated by Mace Windu? If he did,he took quite a risk being killed. He might have got a spurt of energy knowing that Anikan turned. Me, I think he faked it.

Also a friend of mine asked me if Palps forced the dreams into Anikans head. Both mothers and padmes dreams. That makes sense to me. But I don't know.

Just a few thoughts.

Darth Paul

2. JerichoKarvath

JerichoKarvath Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    I don't think palpatine forced any dreams into Ani's head, but as far as Sidious faking the fight vs Mace, if you but any merit in the book than i do believe it was a fake

3. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I do believe Palpy when he says that the Jedi are relentless and that he and Vader are in danger if they do not act quickly. There is a genuine threat.

Is the early teaching "All who have power are afraid to loose it" a Sith or Jedi teaching? It is true enough to be either.

Although it is a given that Palpatine influenced the conception of Anakin, did he have anything to do with Luke/Leia?

4. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Do you mean that Sidious had something to do with Anikan being born? Influenced the mediclorians to make life?

That would mean that Sidious was the apprentace of Darth (can't remember name) the Wise from the story in e3. This makes sense to me.

Also, just was a news clip on heratage park on Global. A play that they are doing spoofs ANH. Line from the play, "Use the Horse, Luke"

Darth Paul

5. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i think palps was totally faking being beat by mace, he sure had a lot of energy a few minutes later :p

6. Burds_Sock

Burds_Sock Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2004
    Palps get creamed by Mace with the saber, and then he pretended to run out of juice when Anakin showed up.

If he had kept using the lightning though, Mace would have kept deflecting it right back at him. How crumpled could his face have gotten?

Anyone have any ideas how Leia remembers her mother like she says she does in Episode VI? Does she know about Padme at all? Or is she referring to Bail's wife?

7. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    How bout thing we missed seeing in Ep 3.

I can't for the life of me remeber where George is in the opera scene? Did I miss him. I know his son gets shot up pretty good running from the Jedi temple.

Paps has to be faking it just to get Anikin to do what he wants. I was reading on TheForce.net that at the premiere the only person cheering was Danial Logan when Mace gets it. Samual L Jackson looked down the row to see who was clapping and then smiled at him.

Ryan

8. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    George is in the hallway outside the Chancellor's balcony (you see him standing next to his daughter - he's dressed in a tall hat, with a cane and blue skin). Anthony Daniels is also in that scene - ascending the stairs and Captain Faytonni (sp??).There are also numerous ILM'ers in the opera scene - Rob Coleman, John Knoll, as well as Rena Owen (who played Taun We in AOTC).

Also spotted 2 Millenium Falcons!!

Palpatine was DEFINITELY faking being weak - to further his manipulation of Anakin. I also believe that he may have had something to do with Anakin's dreams and even birth.

9. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Where were the two Millenium Falcons?

Is R2-D2 CG through all the film? How fast do you think he was going, being chased by super battle droids? (lol)

Darth Paul

10. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Power!!!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!!

That sounds like faking to me!!! ;)

And I firmly believe that Palpatine is Anakin's "father"... I actually brought it up at our post-ROTS meeting at Humpty's and got some incredulous looks... ;)

11. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Yrol: Just how many times have you seen it anyways????

I looked for him during he opera, not outside.

12. Old_Republic

Old_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    For me, it's still a bit early to judge if Palpatine was faking or not. He was knocked on his butt before Anakin even came into the room though, I'm leaning towards him being beat but had some foresight that told him Anakin wouldn't let Mace cut him down.

In the first screening Grievous bothered me. I always knew he was just a throwaway character but I found him to be too animated (not in a photorealistic way) and his voice made me think of Jar Jar with that weird accent.

13. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Sorry to intrude again, but just FYI, signups have now begun for the next WCRF Trivia Game!!!

Clickie

14. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I just saw it again last night, so that makes the current count 12. I still get choked up at certain parts.
    Trust me, George is in the hallway outside of the opera balcony - you get a good look at him just as Hayden is walking into the box.
    The Falcons can be seen after Anakin lands the cruiser, when they're flying into the Senate landing pad - one Falcon flys out and another flys in (bottom of the screen, near the middle).
    Jeremy Bulloch plays Captain Colton, the pilot of the Tantive IV, who turns to Bail and informs him of an incoming communique from the Senate (after they've picked up Obi-Wan and Yoda and are flying back to Coruscant to change the 'retreat' message at the Temple).

15. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I just saw it again last night, so that makes the current count 12. I still get choked up at certain parts.
    Trust me, George is in the hallway outside of the opera balcony - you get a good look at him just as Hayden is walking into the box.
    The Falcons can be seen after Anakin lands the cruiser, when they're flying into the Senate landing pad - one Falcon flys out and another flys in (bottom of the screen, near the middle).
    Jeremy Bulloch plays Captain Colton, the pilot of the Tantive IV, who turns to Bail and informs him of an incoming communique from the Senate (after they've picked up Obi-Wan and Yoda and are flying back to Coruscant to change the 'retreat' message at the Temple).

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Oh - R2 is not CG throughout the entire film. In action shots where he's moving fast and pretty nimbly , he's CG. But close up shots and short shots where he's simply moving forward or following someone, he's the actual droid, with Kenny Baker inside (you can start to tell the difference after a while).

They rendered Yoda flawlessly though. I still can't tell he's not real!

17. Ryrus_Pycal

Ryrus_Pycal Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    i thout that palptine senced Anikin when and then let mace windu win.when I think that palptine is Anikin father thats how he knew about him, also in ep 1 Anikin's mom doesn't really know about her Husband and I think all along that palptine's knew he was the chosen one plus if you think about how long it for palptine's plan to work ,he is a genious :)

18. Old_Republic

Mar 21, 2005
    Huh?

Dude, trust me when I say that Anakin was not created by Palpatine or Plagueis. He was created by the force, that whole speil by Palpatine was just to confuse Anakin (and many movie viewers) into thinking that the Sith really could create and/or sustain life. LOL Surely you're kidding when you say that Palpatine was Shmi's husband?

19. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    Palpatine does not need to be Shmi's husband to create a child with the Sithly arts. Is it expressly stated anyplace that Palps is NOT the creator of Anakin? It seems likely enough for me.

He could be feeding him a line about being able to create life but that seems the most reasonable given Palps control over every other event in the story.

20. Rakafraker

Rakafraker Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Okey-day. Here's what I think:
    Darth Plagueis was able to manipulate midichlorians (there was really no good reason to deceive us with this issue, also, Sidious had said that he, himself could not do it, but if the 2 of 'em got together they could figure it out) and quite likely Plagueis did so to create Anakin (easier to do in an outter-rim location where nobody really cares or would notice, possibly for the reason of having a powerful apprentice). Sidious knew this (being his apprentice and possibly why Sidious ousted Plagueis in his sleep) and could foresee Padme (who is also close to him) going to Tatooine (albeit with a Jedi who would sense Anakin's heightened force).
    Also, Sidious would have been able to know what was going on in Ani's dreams because it was obvious that Ani told Palps EVERYTHING. Not to mention that also being close to Ani, Sidious would be able to search Ani's thoughts quite easily. All Sidious would have had to do is create a situation where the people Ani loved were in pain (Like Luke feeling the suffering of his friends in Bespin). Sidious knew quite well that Anakin would one day be his apprentice because, not only could he feel the darkness (remember, Mace and Yoda felt it when he was first considered in the Jedi counsil) in him, (and perhaps having a hand in his creation) but also foresight (remember that Sidious could forsee WELL into the future). I figure that it would have been when Ani had committed enough dark deeds (including hiding his love; not very Jedi-like) that Anakin would start to have the dreams about Padme (because it was more likely to happen), but I could be wrong.

As for Mace vs Sidious, OF COURSE he was faking being beaten! He had no trouble defeating the other Jedi (Drag about Kit, though) and could have taken out Mace, but he needed him to manipulate Ani. As soon as he felt Anakin nearing (remember that Vader could feel Ben's presence on the Death Star in ANH), he put himself in a position to look like it would be hopeless unless Anakin helped in the most urgent fashion (Ani didn't want the secret to everlasting life to be destroyed). Remember that even YODA couldn't defeat Sidious and had to flee (and Yoda is the top-of-the-heap as far as Jedi are concerned).

(Apologies for all the brackets!!!! I go off on a tangent and then I have to go back and then... Forget it!)

21. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    Didn't Palps say that only one was able to cheat death? This is not the same thing as to be able to create life. This he could have actually known. I will concede that Palps or "Plagus" could have created Anakin, but he was not conceived by the force.

Both Yoda and Anakin were the better swordsman in their particular contest, but both were undone by the terrain.

22. Rakafraker

Rakafraker Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Sorry, Haggis...

But Sidious DID say that Plagueis WAS able to create life.

Sith know everything about Jedi powers (Sith Lords originally came from Jedi).
    Jedi don't know everything about Sith powers.
    Midichlorians could be manipulated by Plagueis to create life.
    Jedi believe that the force created Anakin.

It does make sense this way.

23. Old_Republic

Mar 21, 2005
    I simply choose to believe Qui-gon and Shmi over a manipulative Sith Lord regarding the creation of Anakin.

Yoda wasn't beat. He just couldn't get to the higher ground where Sidious was. This is a recurring theme in RotS.;) Honestly, I think the Yoda vs. Palpatine fight, it didn't do anything but make Yoda seem weak to some people. It was only there to explain Yoda's warning to Luke in RotJ. "Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor....." I certainly felt that Yoda knew something about the Emperor that he wasn't telling Luke. That's another discussion right there though.

Sorry if I come off a bit gruff when I post. I have a hard time relating my thoughts in the written word.

24. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    You misunderstand me Rakafraker.

Palps said that His master could influence the midiclorians to create life, and he said that he could stop people from dying. When Vader wants the training to learn how to stop people from dying, Palps admits that only one person has been successful.

But this does not mean that only one person was able to create life. I believe, until proven by cannon, that the Sith influenced the midi-c's to create Anakin. Shmi would not need to have any knowledge of this. From her point of view, it was an immaculate conception.

You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

25. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    ... a -virginal- conception... not "immaculate".

"Immaculate conception" refers to conception without original sin.

I think Anakin had a bit of that in him, at least. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.