main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary *Spoiler* E3 discussion

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by darth-paul-, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Oooo, veritate! Nice distinction - worthy of the Jesuit order :D

2. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I knew the distinction, and tried not to mix it up. Oh well I had a 50/50 chance at it.

At any rate Anakin was a "no nookie" baby, likely due to Sithly influence of the Midi-C's in Shmi.

3. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    I agree with DrHaggis; the whole "He had no father" thing is far too important to the so-called "prophesy" of the "chosen one" to overlook.

Lucas threw the whole "influence the midi-c's to create... LIFE..." thing in there to (at the VERY LEAST) SUGGEST that the Sith had a hand in creating this chosen one.

Now, I'm not at all versed in the EU, but are we told anywhere WHO prophesied that the chosen one would come? Who was it that told the Jedi there would be a chosen one??

4. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    I just thought of something. I do not think that anybody had a hand in Anikan's creation. And this is my logic.

Palps had to have know about the prophesy of one being born of the force to bring balance(kill bad guys). So, if he knew that the person being born of the force would kill him, then why create the life that would kill you?

One other thought that I have had for many years and an just now voicing it. In my understanding, balance means equal, one side is not more powerful that the other. And if Ani brings balance and kills the emporor in ROTJ, doesn't that mean that the jedi (Luke) has the upper hand (more power). This doesn't bring balance, it bring good defeating evil. No balance! Just a nagging thought. Thanks for listening.

Darth Paul

5. Old_Republic

Old_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Who ever said Shmi was a virgin? hehehehe Did you all see the way she took to Qui-gon?

I'm kind of with you D.P., but look at it this way: balance doesn't have to be a balance between good and evil people. I think balance within the Force can mean one person using 'just the Force', no light and no dark, not allowing either method to consume you. Luke throwing his lightsabre away is an example of what I mean, he skirted the dark side but didn't go down the path.

6. Rakafraker

Rakafraker Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Haggis...

I don't mean to pick on you, BUT (and of course no hard feelings implied)...

You seem to contradict yourself by saying that Palps did say that only one was successful in being able to create life, yet you contend that there may be others who are ABLE to, therefore someone else may have had a hand in creating Anakin (?).
    Now, the difference you speak of (if I understand correctly) may be that ANY Sith MAY be able to manipulate MC's with the right training (if that is what you mean), but (unless Palps lied about only one being successful, but I don't believe so) until another Sith learns to do it, no-one else could have created Anakin EXCEPT Plagieus (assuming that SOMEONE had a hand in it!).
    Although, if you are saying that Palps said only one has been able to cheat death (per se) and that he didn't say anything about one being able to create life, I'm going to have to watch the movie again (like I wasn't going to anyways!) because I thought it was implied fairly obtusely that 'Plags' was the ONLY one who could do it up to that point.
    Further, I don't doubt for a second that Shmi would see it as anything other than a "virginal conception" (thanks Veritate!)

BTW-Isn't it great that we can have such interesting convo's over things that are purely fictional? True, POV's are varied and we may never know the truth according to George, but, "you will find that it is you that is mistaken about a great many things." (I had to put that in there to retort your quote! ;P All in fun!!!)

7. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    I thought the "Balance to the Force" meant 2 Jedi (Yoda and Obi-Wan), and 2 Sith (Dark Helmet and Pruney McOldguy). But the EU has tons of Jedi surviving the purge.

The Sith would have created Anakin to be extremely powerful, having an unnatural Midi-C's count, one higher than any known Jedi or Sith. But with the loss of Vader?s limbs his Midi'C count drops (they live in the cells) and he becomes less than Palpy hoped for. He then sets his sights on the son of Skywalker.

The Emperor does not foresee all. If he foresaw being chucked down a hole he would not have turned his back on the Man in Black.

I was put of by how Anakin thought he would be made a Master just because he was on the council. A Master rank typically means you have trained another. This is how these sort of orders survive. One must teach everything you know to another. If this were not the case information and training would be lost.

8. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    Yal' are nuts. ;)

SHMI- "There was no father" this means no-nookie. No, this doesnt make her a virgin, just means no sex produced this offspring.

The Ability to keep those from dying is not the same thing as the ability to influence the Midi'Cs to create life. These are two separate skills. If the Sith indeed have the ability to create life, they had the ability to create Anakin.

Its amazing that everyone can watch the same thing (several times) and not agree on what they actually watched.

9. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    The line Paps says in the movie is " He could use the force to influence the MidiC's to create... Life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side he could even keep the ones cared about from dying.

Then Ani says "He could actually save people from death?"

just to clear it up.

10. Old_Republic

Mar 21, 2005
    Its amazing that everyone can watch the same thing (several times) and not agree on what they actually watched.

Yeah, isn't that awesome? To me, part of the fun of SW is that you can take your own interpretation from the movies.[face_thinking]

11. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    " He could use the force to influence the MidiC's to create... Life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side he could even keep the ones cared about from dying"

Sounds like 2 different skills to me. Related, similar, but different.

Anakin cares about keeping people from dying, so this is a real carrot on a stick for him. The ability to create life, that?s in there for the audience to piece together with Shmi's supposed no-nookie pregnancy.

I choose to believe that the Sith influenced Anakin's birth, just as I choose to believe that Greedo never got a shot off.

12. Old_Republic

Mar 21, 2005
    I can't wait to hear the commentary on the DVD. Even then though, we may not get a definative answer. At least SW fans can stop arguing about whether or not Obi-wan knew about Leia. LOL

13. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    I saw ROTS again last night...and the pointy lightsabers really started to bother me. Can anyone think of a reason why they would have made the ends pointy? It just seems so absurd...esp. considering that none of the previous lightsabers were "sharp". I was quite fond of the rounded tips. Thoughts, anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.