main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Episode III Trailer Description

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by chitwood, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaamasiJedi49

CaamasiJedi49 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    Maybe try a right-click and then save as. That should work, but Im not sure.

Caamasi Jedi49

2. carriefisherismyhero

carriefisherismyhero Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2004
    Will that still work if you are not prompted to save the file and the file never is hosted in your browser cache?

3. Darth_Punk

Darth_Punk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    If you go into your temp internet files you will see it there, even if you only have the free version of Quicktime.

4. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Just found this on the front page?

Mean Gene has also seen the teaser trailer and sends in this description:

I just had the honor to watch the teaser trailer for Revenge of the Sith, oh about 10 times in a row and I'll probably watch it another 10 times, and let me say that it blew me away.

The description of the trailer floating around the Web is 99.9% correct.

The trailer does begin with "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way... and includes Alec Guiness famous line "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father."
    Some awesome highlights I should point out include (highlight to read) a hooded Anakin with glowing red eyes - much like Darth Maul?s, a scene of the Emperor wielding a lightsaber, I'm assuming during his battle with Yoda, which looks like he is throwing across the room.
    In what seems to be a full out war over Coruscant we see an early prototype of the X-Wing fighter with an extra wing cutting across the fighter and a curved nose. There?s also a shot of a group of Wookies lead by Chewbacca getting ready to attack.
    We also here James Earl Jones speak as Vader though his voice is a slight different then we are used to hearing in the original trilogy.

Sounds great except the part about Anakin?s eyes, I don?t think that is the best thing to do.

5. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Another report: www.nightly.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/70/1859.html

Just saw the new trailer with the press screener of The Incredibles tonight. Some may take it as spoilers, but here is how it goes.

It starts with the familiar Fox and Lucasfilm logo and the classic "A Long Time Ago". You then see Luke looking out at the twin suns as he did in "A New Hope", Obi Wan then voices the The Jedi were the guardians lines as we cut to scenes of Qui Gon and Obi Wan, then we get the lines about Vader betraying the Jedi, Shots of the clones loading onto the ships from Episode II this leads to a shot of a robed Anakin turning so we can see inside the hood. He has bright glowing eyes, and a deadly stare.

The first shot of Episode III is of an eruption on Mustafar. It is a volcanic, barren hell hole, burnt rocks and volcanos line the landscape and we see what looks like mechanical spiders with riders atop of them crossing the field.

What follows comes fast so I will give it to you but in no particular order as it is hard to keeo straight how it all came.

You do hear Palpatine say arise Lord Vader and they show him strapped to table that is leaning forward and surrounded with steam.

As he rises they cut to scenes and then back to him rising. You seen Anakin and Padme, the new Jedi Fighters in action, a Breathtaking shot of the capitol ship battle the opens the film. You see lots of Wookies, Tie Medran (Spelling), C-3PO, R2, in the Tantive IV hall. There is a great scene of Yoda coming in looking very upset and drawing his sabre then one later of him chopping. (This is the Palpatine Confrontation)

Mace in a pitched battle, a very quick shot of the dual, more shots of Padme, and a great one of a eveil grin in a hooded Robe which I took as Palpy. It flies very fast and furious and it is hard to take it all in as the next sequence is being shown while you are still trying to take it all in. It is visually very stunning. Either technology has taken a huge leap since the last film or Lucas has been holding back as this is amazing. There are no shots of Grevious, His Henchman, or Dooku nut what is shown looks great. There was silence when it ended and someone let a "wow" out and a steady murmur followed as people took in what they have seen. If you have questions drop me a line. I filled this in as best as I can remember as I promised to get it to you the moment I got back from the screener.

Gareth

Palpy had that raspy delievery L-0-R-D V-A-D-E-R where it is drawn out. That is all he spoke. It was a tone of authority and Vader uttered a response of Master which sounded like James Earl Jones.

6. Dananka

Dananka Jedi Master star 1

Jan 9, 2004
  7. JEDI_DAV

JEDI_DAV Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2004
    Hi!!! Does anyone know about the trailer appearing in theaters in Europe and especially Greece? How about the Internet?

8. tDR

tDR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I just had the honor to watch the teaser trailer for Revenge of the Sith, oh about 10 times in a row and I'll probably watch it another 10 times
    either that guy has it or he's just joking with the 10x

9. Night_Sky

Night_Sky Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2003
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I just did a search on marcustheatres.com for The Incredibles -- and I found there's a midnight show -- 11:59 pm actually -- Thursday night at the Elgin Fox Theatre in Elgin, IL.

Is it possible that they will run the teaser trailer with the midnight shows of The Incredibles? :confused:

10. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    a scene of the Emperor wielding a lightsaber

Now that is a new piece of information that I've heard coming out of the Teaser. I thought we weren't going to see anything with the Emperor and his lightsaber until way later in the game. How come we haven't heard about this before? Is the trailer really that fast that everyone else missed this?

11. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    There hasn't been a consistent set of descriptions for this trailer.

12. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I know ... that's what is confusing about the whole thing. I'm glad we finally get to see it tomorrow so we can see for ourselves.

13. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Most trailer discriptions have said that there are ALOT of real fast moving images

14. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    One more day!!!

15. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    You can now download Thursday's access hollywood preview clip from accesshollywood.com, I can't do it cause I am at work now. But apparently it has a very small number of clips from the trailer....

16. obeerwankenobi

obeerwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    No new footage :( only greenscreen duel footage in Access Hollywood preview

17. Felkor

Felkor Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2004
    Hey, if anyone's having trouble finding or downloading the trailer, I found it and put it up at

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~jpalmer/movie/StarWarsEpIII.mov

Cheers,
    James [face_clown]

18. fceeviper

fceeviper Jedi Master

May 27, 2004
    Hey!!! fanboys!! is James Earl Jones doing the voice in ROTS? I need a simple a YES or NO?? with confirmation, No rumors or "i heard" crap. -Thanks

19. DarthLexsidous

DarthLexsidous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2004
    Even James Earl Jones said he was.

20. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    The only thing we know so far is that Lucas talked to JEJ some months back and told JEJ he would do 5 minutes of Vader talk, then we heard JEJ say he has not done any voice work yet only a couple weeks ago or so.

I believe he will do it, but it will only be in the last few months before showing, like anytime now.

21. fceeviper

fceeviper Jedi Master

May 27, 2004
    Any new news on James Earl Jones as Darth Vader?

22. FallenJediHero

FallenJediHero Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    Very nice i cant wait to see the movie its gonna be great.

23. FallenJediHero

Nov 30, 2004
    Oh yeah and James Earl Jones is doind the voice of Darth Vader again it is confirmed.

24. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Any reason you're spamming or is it just for fun and I should go back to minding my own business?

25. FallenJediHero

Nov 30, 2004
    No, no reason just a mistake on my part. Sorry wont happen again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.